View Poll Results: Are you tired of Political Correctness?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't care one way or the other

    2 8.70%
  • I'm really tired of Political Correctness

    19 82.61%
  • Political Correctness is a good thing!

    2 8.70%
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 195

Thread: Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture

  1. #171
    tWebber Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,387
    Amen (Given)
    955
    Amen (Received)
    2876
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    For instance, if you tell a foreign born member of Congress, "Instead of talking trash about America all the time, why don't you leave and see if you can fix the country of your birth instead?" you are called a racist.
    It was addressed to only one? I thought everyone thought it was referring to Cortez at first... which was confusing to me since she's from New York.

  2. #172
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,925
    Amen (Given)
    211
    Amen (Received)
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoUK View Post
    Sort of surprised this hasn't come up in another thread yet (though perhaps I missed it). Of the 4 Congresswomen he was referring to, all are US citizens and 3 were born and raised in the USA...

    Obviously MM is OK with it, what about the rest of you?
    From a purely political strategy it's pretty idiotic. The Dems were eating themselves, all he had to do was shut up and watch, and then he comes along and forces them to reunite and direct all the negative attention back on to himself. But that's Trump
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  3. Amen Zymologist amen'd this post.
  4. #173
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,755
    Amen (Given)
    2172
    Amen (Received)
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoUK View Post
    Sort of surprised this hasn't come up in another thread yet (though perhaps I missed it). Of the 4 Congresswomen he was referring to, all are US citizens and 3 were born and raised in the USA...

    Obviously MM is OK with it, what about the rest of you?
    I thought it was stupid. I did not find it "racist."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  5. #174
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,711
    Amen (Given)
    11689
    Amen (Received)
    24948
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I thought it was stupid. I did not find it "racist."
    I thought it was REALLY stupid and uncalled for - but not "racist".
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  6. #175
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,711
    Amen (Given)
    11689
    Amen (Received)
    24948
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I've generally never been a fan of Trump's tweets.
    I've pretty much never been a fan of Trump's tweets. I've said numerous times somebody should hijack his account and tweet on his behalf.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  7. #176
    tWebber Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,387
    Amen (Given)
    955
    Amen (Received)
    2876
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I've pretty much never been a fan of Trump's tweets. I've said numerous times somebody should hijack his account and tweet on his behalf.
    Or what he says for that matter.

    You favor that he's not Hillary Clinton, and you favor the appointment of conservative Supreme Court Justices.

  8. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  9. #177
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,711
    Amen (Given)
    11689
    Amen (Received)
    24948
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Or what he says for that matter.

    You favor that he's not Hillary Clinton, and you favor the appointment of conservative Supreme Court Justices.
    Yeah, maybe that's it!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  10. Amen Leonhard amen'd this post.
  11. #178
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,202
    Amen (Given)
    4895
    Amen (Received)
    21819
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    From a purely political strategy it's pretty idiotic. The Dems were eating themselves, all he had to do was shut up and watch, and then he comes along and forces them to reunite and direct all the negative attention back on to himself. But that's Trump
    Yep. that was my thought too.

  12. #179
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,202
    Amen (Given)
    4895
    Amen (Received)
    21819
    So this happened...

    California city votes to ban gendered words as 'manhole' becomes 'maintenance hole'

    A California city voted to ban some gender-specific words in its city code and replace them with gender-neutral options.

    Berkeley's municipal code will no longer feature words like "manhole" and "manpower," and instead say, "maintenance hole" and "human effort" or "workforce." The measure passed unanimously Tuesday and replaces more than two dozen terms.

    Gender-specific references to job titles, like "policeman" and "craftsmen," will also be changed in the code, to "police officer" and "craftspeople" or "artisans."

    "Sorority" and "fraternity" would change to "collegiate Greek system residence." And the use of gendered pronouns, like "he" and "she," would be replaced with specific titles, like "the attorney" or "the candidate."

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...le/1764901001/


    "human effort" -- I wonder if they noticed the word "man" in "human" or did it slip their notice? Should be hupeople.

  13. #180
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24,405
    Amen (Given)
    1642
    Amen (Received)
    4919
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So this happened...

    California city votes to ban gendered words as 'manhole' becomes 'maintenance hole'

    A California city voted to ban some gender-specific words in its city code and replace them with gender-neutral options.

    Berkeley's municipal code will no longer feature words like "manhole" and "manpower," and instead say, "maintenance hole" and "human effort" or "workforce." The measure passed unanimously Tuesday and replaces more than two dozen terms.

    Gender-specific references to job titles, like "policeman" and "craftsmen," will also be changed in the code, to "police officer" and "craftspeople" or "artisans."

    "Sorority" and "fraternity" would change to "collegiate Greek system residence." And the use of gendered pronouns, like "he" and "she," would be replaced with specific titles, like "the attorney" or "the candidate."

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...le/1764901001/


    "human effort" -- I wonder if they noticed the word "man" in "human" or did it slip their notice? Should be hupeople.
    So what will they do if people don't follow their insane dictates?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •