My brothers air coditioner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brothers air coditioner.

It breaks down a lot. Sometimes they have to stay over because it gets to hot.
    sigpic

What type is it?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      What type is it?
      Don't know.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        It breaks down a lot. Sometimes they have to stay over because it gets to hot.
        Last month mine stopped blowing cold air. I figured it was low on coolant (or hoped it was since the unit is nearly 30 years old). Turns out that a wire had fallen into the outside unit and wrapped around the fan keeping it from moving.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
          Don't know.
          Okay... why can't it be replaced?
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Okay... why can't it be replaced?
            ACs are anything but cheap.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              ACs are anything but cheap.
              Depends - if it's a central system, sure. A window unit, however...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Walmart had room conditioners for like $150. Not sure about other stores.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I cool my whole house with "window units" I have 4 of them. Great thing about them is you can just turn them off and shut the door if a room isn't being used. also allows individuals to set their rooms to a temp they are comfortable with. Finally, as has been pointed out, they aren't expensive and one going out isn't a disaster as you have others that pick up the slack. Mine are actually built into the wall.
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I have a window unit that I bought when I was living with my parents, as my mother doesn't allow the central AC to run at night (in TEXAS!!) and I couldn't sleep in the heat and humidity. It cost about $100 back then, similar units now cost about $120-150. I installed it in a window that faced the back of the house, otherwise the Homeowners' Association would have pitched a fit.

If you do buy a portable unit (one that has a hose that runs out the window to exhaust hot air) keep in mind those pull hot air into the house from outside, making the unit work harder, which means they are pretty inefficient. Window units exchange the heat into air that is outside already, making them much more efficient. They also tend to be less expensive.
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment