Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Are Christians Permitted to Eat Unclean Animals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
    So is this from a Christian-focused url blocker such that we are helped in finding good doctrinal sites?
    most likely they have an invalid site certificate or something that set off that particular firewall.

I got no warning when I went there and I have a pretty strict URL checker.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      most likely they have an invalid site certificate or something that set off that particular firewall.

I got no warning when I went there and I have a pretty strict URL checker.
      Like on the movie I.Robot, you could have asked "are you being funny?" Then i would respond "I guess not."

Comment

Like on the movie I.Robot, you could have asked "are you being funny?" Then i would respond "I guess not."
        and you still aren't. Take it from tweb's class clown, you need practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          and you still aren't. Take it from tweb's class clown, you need practice.
          That's why I post my humour in the theology area ... until I achieve a sufficient level of humour.

Comment

That's why I post my humour in the theology area ... until I achieve a sufficient level of humour.
            I'm not sure practice will help you.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              I'm not sure practice will help you.
              Practice will help. I can apply superior mind skills toward this.

Comment

Where will you get them?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When are you going to start?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Where will you get them?
                    I was having to search for another discussion board to find some good thinkers... maybe like christianforums.com

Comment

I was having to search for another discussion board to find some good thinkers... maybe like christianforums.com
                      Please stop. You're hurting me!
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Please stop. You're hurting me!
                        Okay. Enough is enough. It's good to hear from all of youz.

Comment

Where did the Judaizer go?
                          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

How often do I have to consider the lilies before I'm out of the clear? I didn't think about lilies at all last week. Did I sin?
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              How often do I have to consider the lilies before I'm out of the clear? I didn't think about lilies at all last week. Did I sin?
                              You mean "in the clear", you non-hippy.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So is this from a Christian-focused url blocker such that we are helped in finding good doctrinal sites?
                                Negatory.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X