Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mitch McConnell: Slave Master...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitch McConnell: Slave Master...

Now we know why he opposes reparations... He needs to resign!

Sen. Mitch McConnell's great-great-grandfathers owned 14 slaves, bringing reparations issue close to home

McConnell has opposed paying reparations to descendants of slaves, though census records show his family, like many others, benefited from their labor.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...ensus-n1027511
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Yep they went there. Now we are personally responsible for what our ancestors did. That could be fun, digging into the history of the liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Yep they went there. Now we are personally responsible for what our ancestors did. That could be fun, digging into the history of the liberals.
      I bet McConnell has a black housekeeper, the apple does not fall far from the tree!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        I bet McConnell has a black housekeeper, the apple does not fall far from the tree!
        We should look into Obama. As half white, I wonder if any of his ancestors owned slaves?

Or the Clintons. They are from the south, right?

What if Bernie Sanders has some Nazi's in his family tree?

Comment

We should look into Obama. As half white, I wonder if any of his ancestors owned slaves?

What if Bernie Sanders has some Nazi's in his family tree?
          You are just trying to deflect from McConnell' racism...

Comment

Yep they went there. Now we are personally responsible for what our ancestors did.
            Welp, guess I'm doomed then. Thanks for ruining my life, Cotton Mather!
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              What was wrong with Cotton Mather? He only killed white witches...

Comment

The Kennedys are screwed

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just wanted to say, "I told you so!!!" to all of you McConnell slaverists!!

Obama told of family's slave-owning history in deep South

An amateur genealogist has revealed a surprise in the family tree of the black contender in the race to be the Democrats’ presidential candidate

Obama's ancestors on his white mother's side appear to have been slave owners. William Reitwiesner, an amateur genealogical researcher, has published a history of Obama's mother's family and discovered that her ancestors have a distinctly shadowy past.

Reitwiesner traced Obama's great-great-great-great-grandfather, George Washington Overall, and found that he owned two slaves in Kentucky: a 15-year-old girl and a 25-year-old man. He also found out that Obama's great-great-great-great-great-grandmother, Mary Duvall, also owned a pair of slaves listed in an 1850 census record. They were a 60-year-old man and a 58-year-old woman. In fact, the Duvalls were a wealthy family whose members were descended from a major landowner, Maureen Duvall, whose estate owned at least 18 slaves in the 17th century.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...08.barackobama

The Clintons Had Slaves

But two possibly unexpected beneficiaries of the contemporary prison slavery system were none other than Bill and Hillary Clinton, who during their time at the Arkansas governor’s mansion in the 1980’s used inmates to perform various household tasks in order to “keep costs down.” Hillary Clinton wrote of the practice openly and without any apparent sense of moral conflict.

Clinton was, however, generous enough to allow inmates from Arkansas prisons to work as unpaid servants in the Governor’s Mansion. In It Takes a Village, Hillary Clinton writes that the residence was staffed with “African-American men in their thirties,” since “using prison labor at the governor’s mansion was a longstanding tradition, which kept down costs.” It is unclear just how longstanding the tradition of having chained black laborers brought to work as maids and gardeners had been. But one has no doubt that as the white residents of a mansion staffed with unpaid blacks, the Clintons were continuing a certain historic Southern practice. (Hillary Clinton did note, however, that she and Bill were sure not to show undue lenience to the sla…servants, writing that “[w]e enforced rules strictly and sent back to prison any inmate who broke a rule.”

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/...ons-had-slaves

Comment

McConnell likens himself to Obama: 'We both are the descendants of slave owners'

WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., on Tuesday confirmed that he is a descendant of slave owners and reiterated that he still opposes government reparations for descendants of American slaves.

At a press conference following a closed-door luncheon with Senate Republicans, McConnell was asked whether he was aware that two of his great-great-grandfathers were slave owners in Alabama before the Civil War and whether the revelation would cause him to reconsider his position on reparations.

"I find myself once again in the same position as President [Barack] Obama. We both oppose reparations and we both are the descendants of slave owners," he said, before moving on to another question.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...wners-n1027921

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I'll see that Mather and Increase it!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I'll see that Mather and Increase it!
                        punchline.gif
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment