Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christians and Trump--two perspectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a hard time believing that many evangelical Trump voters do not actually support him because there has been zero attempt to put forth an alternative in the primaries (there are a few primary candidates so far, but none who would be appealing to evangelicals). When I previously brought this up, the line has been that it is not normal for incumbents to be primaried, however, no less a person than Ronald Reagan challenged an incumbent president in the primaries.

In any event, state GOPs are starting to cancel their primaries to protect Trump anyway.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I have a hard time believing that many evangelical Trump voters do not actually support him because there has been zero attempt to put forth an alternative in the primaries (there are a few primary candidates so far, but none who would be appealing to evangelicals). When I previously brought this up, the line has been that it is not normal for incumbents to be primaried, however, no less a person than Ronald Reagan challenged an incumbent president in the primaries.

In any event, state GOPs are starting to cancel their primaries to protect Trump anyway.
      I would love to have another Reagan.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        You shouldn't. You should return to your pinko commie liberal base and tell them that your efforts on Tweb have failed.
        Nice Christian bashing brother.
        You need to know that I'm neither communist nor liberal. But all Trumpys can do is accuse decent people of being liberal commies.

I'm also not pink, I am actually brown skinned but I hesitate to mention that to someone like you. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
          Nice Christian bashing brother.
          The wink at the end should have been a clue that I was joking with you.

You need to know that I'm neither communist nor liberal.
          Well, I don't NEED to know that, but if you say so!

But all Trumpys can do is accuse decent people of being liberal commies.
          Need a safe space?

I'm also not pink, I am actually brown skinned but I hesitate to mention that to someone like you. 😉
          Why, because now you're going to falsely accuse me of being a racist? Water off a duck's back.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The wink at the end should have been a clue that I was joking with you.

Well, I don't NEED to know that, but if you say so!

Need a safe space?

Why, because now you're going to falsely accuse me of being a racist? Water off a duck's back.
            The wink at the end should have been a clue that I was joking with you. I guess you didn't see it because you were distracted by all of your friends chanting "send her back".

😉

Comment

At this point, it's sounding more and more like you're just here to .
              You're just now catching that?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                No, I'm just heartbroken that so many Christians are putting their Faith in Donald Trump.
                It makes me snarky. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

It's a dishonest question -- that's why both of us saw it as "have you stopped beating your wife". It's a loaded question to advance your own agenda and 'win' an illegitimate argument.
                  It's not a dishonest question. It's a question that should be easy to answer if someone is being honest. I'll ask again, and you can reflect again:
                  Should Christians support immorality?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I tried to give him a fair shake.

Comment

That should be "deflect" not " reflect " .

Comment

I tried to give him a fair shake.
                        You can't even answer a simple question

Comment

You can't even answer a simple question
                          Ask an honest one that isn't ing.

Comment

Ask an honest one that isn't ing.
                            I did. I guess it was too hard for you. Or too revealing. Do you think that Christians should support immorality?

Comment

I did. I guess it was too hard for you. Or too revealing.
                              You're entitled to be wrong, and a jackass.

Do you think that Christians should support immorality?
                              No, nor do I think they should be s on the internetzweb.

Comment

Whenever someone refuses to answer a simple question, it reveals something about that person.

Comment