Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Christians and Trump--two perspectives

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    At our church we have a prayer team. If anyone needs prayer they can pray with the team after worship.
    The Sunday before election day I went up to the man on the prayer team. I told him that I was troubled about the election, there was nobody that I could vote for in good conscience. He said, "don't worry, just think about how great it will be if Trump gets elected".

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I went to my pastor and said "I'm discouraged by the trump support in church."
    He said "I know how you feel, I felt the same when Obama was elected."

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    I agree.
    And Mossrose, I understand what you are saying. But in my church those who give full throated trump approval far outnumber those who don't agree with his immoral actions. There are only 2 in my church who don't venerate trump. My wife and myself. We sit in a sea of trumphats. I had to leave out of disgust.

As I said, there is a huge difference, then, between what you have personally experienced and what the majority of Christians here at Tweb are saying. So please use do not accuse every Christian that you meet of being a Trump supporter.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Timothy,

I actively campaigned against Trump in the primaries. No one in my family voted for him in the primaries. But, when faced with Hillary or Trump, I almost literally held my nose and voted for him. Since he has been POTUS, I have not approved of a lot of his tweets, and statements, but, I don't know of any immoral act he has done since becoming president.

1) What immoral acts do you think he has done in the last 3 years since being elected?

2) I assume you do not believe the reports of his (possible) conversion to Christianity?
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

5. Amen Cow Poke, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    As I said, there is a huge difference, then, between what you have personally experienced and what the majority of Christians here at Tweb are saying. So please use do not accuse every Christian that you meet of being a Trump supporter.
    Okay.
    Can you tell me who to talk to who is not a Trump supporter? Or am I really the only one?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Timothy,

I actively campaigned against Trump in the primaries. No one in my family voted for him in the primaries. But, when faced with Hillary or Trump, I almost literally held my nose and voted for him. Since he has been POTUS, I have not approved of a lot of his tweets, and statements, but, I don't know of any immoral act he has done since becoming president.

1) What immoral acts do you think he has done in the last 3 years since being elected?

2) I assume you do not believe the reports of his (possible) conversion to Christianity?
    Don't do this, please.
    I would tell you the latest outrageous act and you would say fake news, all in the past, not a pastor.

I don't need that. You either have eyes to see or you don't.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Okay.
    Can you tell me who to talk to who is not a Trump supporter? Or am I really the only one?
    There are a number of us on the forum. What do you want to talk about?

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Don't do this, please.
    I would tell you the latest outrageous act and you would say fake news, all in the past, not a pastor.

I don't need that. You either have eyes to see or you don't.
    Whatever dude. Who's not answering honestly now?

If you don't know, then just say so...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

10. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Whatever dude. Who's not answering honestly now?

If you don't know, then just say so...
    Okay. Conspired with Ukraine to get political dirt on opponents. Start with today's news and work back.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    There are a number of us on the forum. What do you want to talk about?
    I want to know I'm not the only Christian who isn't all in for Trump.