Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 255

Thread: Christians and Trump--two perspectives

  1. #151
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,979
    Amen (Given)
    1123
    Amen (Received)
    19334
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Okay. Conspired with Ukraine to get political dirt on opponents. Start with today's news and work back.
    At best hearsay but you want everyone to wring their hands over it and condemn him for what appears to be an unsubstantiated rumor.

    Per CNN: “The whistleblower didn't have direct knowledge of the communications, an official briefed on the matter told CNN.”

    By definition this person is not a “whistleblower” with provable evidence ready to be turned over and deserving of legal protection.

    This person is someone who is spreading hearsay.

    All of the rest of it is just NOISE!

    The reason the acting director of intelligence did not pass on the complaint to Congress is simple: the source is not credible.

    [...]

    There were many first hand witnesses to the alleged phone call where the (non) whistleblower was said to have derived their facts — albeit not first hand. No one is corroborating the (non) whistleblower’s narrative.

    https://townhall.com/columnists/kevi...lower-n2553460



    smiley hat tip.gif to MM

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  2. #152
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,131
    Amen (Given)
    9238
    Amen (Received)
    5586
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I think this is unfair. This logic assumes that support or opposition for a candidate equates to full opposition or support for their slate of policies. Personally, I think Trump is unfit for office, is likely mentally deteriorating, and for the good of the republic should be replaced, preferrably via primary challenge... But I would have no time for being slandered as "pro abort".
    And his logic doesn't?

    YOU didn't spend four pages insisting that any support for Trump is unchristian - and support FOR immorality - now did you?

  3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  4. #153
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    217
    Amen (Given)
    31
    Amen (Received)
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    We're tired of your self righteous indignation when no one accepts your two year old level rationale.

    I'm tired of pro-abortion supporters masquerading as evangelical Christians - and don't bother denying it. Only pro-aborts like you want to take down Trump, knowing he's appointing conservatives to the judiciary - and the High Court itself.



    Christians shouldn't support child murder. But you do.
    You think that I support child murder?
    That is literally insane. Go to God and repent of bearing false witness.

    How can you say I support child murder? Don't you have any conscience left?

  5. #154
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    217
    Amen (Given)
    31
    Amen (Received)
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    You're not the only Christian who isn't all in for Trump.
    Thanks, that means a lot. But don't they seem strangely silent? Teallaura is convinced that the only reason a Christian would not support Trump is because we are secretly baby killers. Where did everything go wrong?

  6. #155
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    217
    Amen (Given)
    31
    Amen (Received)
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Be careful where you're going. Jesus often refused to give simple answers to questions.
    True. But Jesus also asked a lot of questions. What do you think about the Pharisees reasons for avoiding answering the questions Jesus asked?

  7. #156
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,159
    Amen (Given)
    12210
    Amen (Received)
    26077
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Go to God and repent of bearing false witness.
    Says the guy who has been bearing false witness repeatedly here, driven by his hatred of Trump.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  8. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  9. #157
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    217
    Amen (Given)
    31
    Amen (Received)
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Says the guy who has been bearing false witness repeatedly here, driven by his hatred of Trump.
    See, the Thing is...
    I haven't been bearing false witness.
    But you believe Teallaura, do you actually believe that I have been killing children without my knowledge? Perhaps you think I have been busy while sleepwalking
    But if you and Teal have ANY proof that I kill children, please be a dear and share it. Perhaps you and Teal are the real killers and you are trying to frame me in order to throw the FBI off of your bloody crime spree. There's the wink so you know I am just joking with you! (or AM I??? )

    Why don't you just shut up about me, since you know literally nothing about me other than I believe that the alternative to voting for Trump is NOT voting for Trump. Which it literally is.

  10. #158
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    20,928
    Amen (Given)
    15884
    Amen (Received)
    9669
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    See, the Thing is...
    I haven't been bearing false witness.
    But you believe Teallaura, do you actually believe that I have been killing children without my knowledge? Perhaps you think I have been busy while sleepwalking
    But if you and Teal have ANY proof that I kill children, please be a dear and share it. Perhaps you and Teal are the real killers and you are trying to frame me in order to throw the FBI off of your bloody crime spree. There's the wink so you know I am just joking with you! (or AM I??? )

    Why don't you just shut up about me, since you know literally nothing about me other than I believe that the alternative to voting for Trump is NOT voting for Trump. Which it literally is.
    Timothy, you've done the same thing here that you accuse Laura of doing. Painting with a broad brush.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  11. Amen Cow Poke, rogue06, Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  12. #159
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,159
    Amen (Given)
    12210
    Amen (Received)
    26077
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Timothy, you've done the same thing here that you accuse Laura of doing. Painting with a broad brush.
    That's why I kinda thought she was giving him a dose of his own medicine.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  13. Amen mossrose, Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  14. #160
    tWebber Adrift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,609
    Amen (Given)
    7067
    Amen (Received)
    6736
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I think it's more than that. Look at the vigor with which his blasphemy about being compared to the second coming of Christ was defended on here by several posters. (Dr. Michael Brown, who acknowledged he will continue to vote for Trump, pointed out that the biblical response to being compared to a god is to rend one's clothing and set the record straight.) If you don't really support Trump that much, why would you stick your neck out on a a Christian forum for that one?
    I thought that was a lot of hand-wringing over nothing as I explain here: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post663954

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •