Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Soccer Pay Equality News -- Ready for Babylon Bee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    A high number of them are, well, how do I put this delicately...
    You mean they don't like boys?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Of course it's society's fault for not watching women's sports as ravenously as men's, so I think we owe it to them...
      Just proves inherent sexism!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Of course it's society's fault for not watching women's sports as ravenously as men's, so I think we owe it to them...
        What's a fan of professional sumo wrestling to do?
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          What about the women's sumo wrestling team?

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Um, but the women were making proportionally more than the men...

To clarify, the women get 13% of what women's soccer brings in whereas the men only get 9% of what men's soccer brings in.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              Start up a women's sumo wrestling association?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Maybe they could have flannel mawashis

Comment

Maybe they could have flannel mawashis

Where's your brain bleach when it's needed?
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

My heart's all a flutter!

51515645_10.jpg

Comment

I actually can't wait until somebody somewhere starts to take issue with how misogynistic and patriarchal traditional sumo really is.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Where's your brain bleach when it's needed?
                          mind-brain bleach.jpg
                          This week only buy one and get one free for Tweb members.

Comment

Well if the women all change their gender to men then problem solved.

Comment

And this is why I have ask if the OP was satire or factual, because the following is NOT satire:

No funds for you, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) told FIFA on Tuesday. The Democrat has introduced legislation that would withhold federal funding from the men's World Cup in 2026 until the U.S. women's national team gets paid as much as their male counterparts.

The 2026 World Cup is expected to be hosted by Canada, Mexico and the United States as part of a joint bid and will need federal funding. That's not going to happen until the female players' demands are met, said Manchin. He presented his bill on Tuesday after reading a concerned letter from the women’s soccer coach at West Virginia University, Nikki Izzo-Brown.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...-more-n2549825

The women's argument is, essentially, we've won more international titles than the men, so we should be paid at least as much.

Nevermind that the men's soccer field is larger and far more competitive. The US women's soccer team is the best in the world, but if they were to play the best men's soccer team, they'd be demolished. Heck, they would probably be demolished by the second string. So comparing number of titles won is a worthless metric.
                              That's a case in point --- write something REALLY nutty, in full bore satire, and the Democrats will fulfill that unintended prophecy!
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nevermind that the men's soccer field is larger and far more competitive. The US women's soccer team is the best in the world, but if they were to play the best men's soccer team, they'd be demolished. Heck, they would probably be demolished by the second string. So comparing number of titles won is a worthless metric.
                                I don't think this in itself is a decisive argument because they're really different sports. Like, any college football team that won a national championship would get obliterated by the worst NFL team, but that doesn't diminish the achievement of winning in college football. Many people simply prefer the college game, especially after all the national anthem protests.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment