Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Homosexuality a "worse sin" than other sins?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    No, that's especially sinful.
    Heretic!!! Burn the witch!!!

2. Amen Teallaura, Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I view homosexuality as part of "sexual immorality" which the bible condemns in various places. I don't think it is any better or worse than any other sexual immorality.
    I'm not sure that is true. Fornication is a sexual sin but it was not a death penalty offence in the Old Testament, homosexuality was.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I'm not sure that is true. Fornication is a sexual sin but it was not a death penalty offence in the Old Testament, homosexuality was.
    Then why did they try to stone the adultress in the NT?

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Homosexual acts, like all sexual sins, is something that can lead to your damnation. Or at least, we Christians, whether baptists or Catholic, East or West, can agree that one can't be a practicing homosexuality while also consistently maintaining a sincere Christian faith.

I also believe that homosexuality is in some sense worse, more distorted, than sex outside of marriage. So its bad, its not something you can engage in as a Christian and merely excuse as a personal weakness.

There are other sins of course that are worse. I wonder if its as bad as a person who is unfaithful to their spouse. In the end homosexuality is just a sin that's contrary to human sexuality and dignity, while unfaithfulness is both a sexual sin, a betrayal of a person and a sin against justice. But on the other hand someone who is being unfaithful might just be committing a one time event, while someone in an active homosexual relationship is in an ongoing sinful state...

At any rate, its bad, worse than unmarried sex, but I don't know where exactly on the grand scale of sinfulness to put it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Homosexual acts, like all sexual sins, is something that can lead to your damnation. Or at least, we Christians, whether baptists or Catholic, East or West, can agree that one can't be a practicing homosexuality while also consistently maintaining a sincere Christian faith.

I also believe that homosexuality is in some sense worse, more distorted, than sex outside of marriage. So its bad, its not something you can engage in as a Christian and merely excuse as a personal weakness.

There are other sins of course that are worse. I wonder if its as bad as a person who is unfaithful to their spouse. In the end homosexuality is just a sin that's contrary to human sexuality and dignity, while unfaithfulness is both a sexual sin, a betrayal of a person and a sin against justice. But on the other hand someone who is being unfaithful might just be committing a one time event, while someone in an active homosexual relationship is in an ongoing sinful state...

At any rate, its bad, worse than unmarried sex, but I don't know where exactly on the grand scale of sinfulness to put it.
    It's on the "don't do it" scale.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Then why did they try to stone the adultress in the NT?
    I said fornication not adultery, fornication could be two unmarried people have sex outside of marriage.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I said fornication not adultery, fornication could be two unmarried people have sex outside of marriage.
    Since I behave myself, it's hard for me to remember them thar sexual immorality labels.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I thought fornication was anyone having sex outside of marriage, even married people outside of their own marriage. Basically illicit sex, which homosexual sex would also be.

for·ni·ca·tion
    /ˌfôrnəˈkāSH(ə)n/
    Learn to pronounce
    nounformal•humorous
    noun: fornication; plural noun: fornications

sexual intercourse between people not married to each other.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think it's safe to say, at this point, that homosexuality (and its associate immoralities) is the only sin we see "going on parade" (literally) BOASTING of involvement in the sin.

The fact that these "pride" parades frequently (routinely?) include near naked people, simulated sex acts, men kissing little boys on the mouth, and other displays of sexual deviance pretty well singles it out as "way different" from other sins.

And, let's not forget that, as the Gay Pride thing was gaining momentum, even NAMBLA was part of that crowd. I would not be surprised if they came back into the fold as 'age of consent' opponents.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I thought fornication was anyone having sex outside of marriage, even married people outside of their own marriage. Basically illicit sex, which homosexual sex would also be.

for·ni·ca·tion
    /ˌfôrnəˈkāSH(ə)n/
    Learn to pronounce
    nounformal•humorous
    noun: fornication; plural noun: fornications

sexual intercourse between people not married to each other.
    Yes it could include all of that but would also apply to between two unmarried single people.