Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Representative Ilhan Omar caught lying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Representative Ilhan Omar caught lying

Minneapolis, MN – Democratic Congresswoman Ilhan Omar has admitted that she embellished a story she told a group of 400 high school students about a supposed arrest that local officers made.

During a recent visit to Richfield High School, Omar claimed that she witnessed a “sweet old…African-American lady” being sentenced for stealing a $2 loaf of bread to feed her “starving five-year-old granddaughter” five years ago, according to The Washington Post.

Omar claimed that the woman was jailed for a weekend prior to being fined $80 for the theft.

She said she was in the courtroom when the sentence was handed down.

“I couldn’t control my emotions, because I couldn’t understand how a roomful of educated adults could do something so unjust,” Omar told the students.

“Bulls--t!” she screamed inside the courtroom, according to Omar.

But Omar’s lie was exposed after city officials noted that police are not even allowed to arrest shoplifters unless there is a likelihood that they will commit further crimes or act violently, The Washington Post reported.

The paper noted that the congresswoman’s story “echoed the plot of ‘Les Miserables,’” and that if there was any grain of truth in it at all, it had likely been embellished.

Upon confrontation, Omar admitted that she may have stretched the truth.

“She might have had a prior [arrest],” she said. “I’m not sure…The details might not have all matched, but that’s what I remember.”

Omar, who has touted herself as “America’s hope and the president’s nightmare,” also recently presented false information to a group of military veterans, according to The Washington Post.

She was attempting to prove to the veterans that Republicans don’t care about the troops, and alleged that approximately 45 percent of military families rely on food stamps to get by.

In actuality, less than 5 percent of military families receive food stamps, according to the Pentagon.

more at:

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...EGPOsB5dHnPOw/

This article says it well...

MINNEAPOLIS — Rep. Ilhan Omar stepped to the edge of the stage in front of about 400 Richfield High School students and squinted into the lights.

More than two decades had passed since she and her family fled civil war in Somalia, first for a Kenyan refugee camp and then America. Now she was 36, one of the youngest members of Congress and the first lawmaker to wear a hijab in the legislative body’s long history. She was also at the center of a contentious fight over American identity that pitted her against the president and, even, some in her own party.

At issue wasn’t a piece of legislation or an election. It was something bigger — a battle over the American story — who was entitled to tell it and how it would be told.

In Omar’s version, America wasn’t the bighearted country that saved her from a brutal war and a bleak refugee camp. It wasn’t a meritocracy that helped her attend college or vaulted her into Congress. Instead, it was the country that had failed to live up to its founding ideals, a place that had disappointed her and so many immigrants, refugees and minorities like her.

And contains much of the same account you posted. She should be GRATEFUL to live in America, but she seems determined to turn it into the places from which she fled. I don't know if she's just sick in the head, or simply that evil.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      ...or simply that evil.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Anything goes in the dar al-Harb.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

This article says it well...

MINNEAPOLIS — Rep. Ilhan Omar stepped to the edge of the stage in front of about 400 Richfield High School students and squinted into the lights.

More than two decades had passed since she and her family fled civil war in Somalia, first for a Kenyan refugee camp and then America. Now she was 36, one of the youngest members of Congress and the first lawmaker to wear a hijab in the legislative body’s long history. She was also at the center of a contentious fight over American identity that pitted her against the president and, even, some in her own party.

At issue wasn’t a piece of legislation or an election. It was something bigger — a battle over the American story — who was entitled to tell it and how it would be told.

In Omar’s version, America wasn’t the bighearted country that saved her from a brutal war and a bleak refugee camp. It wasn’t a meritocracy that helped her attend college or vaulted her into Congress. Instead, it was the country that had failed to live up to its founding ideals, a place that had disappointed her and so many immigrants, refugees and minorities like her.

And contains much of the same account you posted. She should be GRATEFUL to live in America, but she seems determined to turn it into the places from which she fled. I don't know if she's just sick in the head, or simply that evil.
          Yeah when the liberal Washington Posts rags on her, that's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Yeah when the liberal Washington Posts rags on her, that's saying something.
            I hope she continues with this "I am SUCH an important person that I can say ANYTHING whether it's true or not" crap.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I hope she continues with this "I am SUCH an important person that I can say ANYTHING whether it's true or not" crap.
              I am hoping both her and AOC don't get re-elected next year. Maybe she can get a job as a bartender with AOC?

also on that note, I hear depending on the Census, they might eliminate AOC's district and she could be out of a job.

Comment

I am hoping both her and AOC don't get re-elected next year. Maybe she can get a job as a bartender with AOC?

also on that note, I hear depending on the Census, they might eliminate AOC's district and she could be out of a job.
                The Democrats might actually APPROVE of eliminating her district! At this point, Pelosi probably would applaud it!

Comment

The Democrats might actually APPROVE of eliminating her district! At this point, Pelosi probably would applaud it!
                  I think the old school Reps are getting sick of the newcomers stirring the pot and thinking they are the ones in control. It's like, "Get off my lawn you whippersnappers!"

Comment

I think the old school Reps are getting sick of the newcomers stirring the pot and thinking they are the ones in control. It's like, "Get off my lawn you whippersnappers!"
                    Yet, the newcomers are driving the agenda! "No, it's ME who can deliver promise more FREE STUFF!!!!!"

Comment

Yet, the newcomers are driving the agenda! "No, it's ME who can deliver promise more FREE STUFF!!!!!"
                      Some pundit said that to win the nomination the Democratic candidates need to pander to the extreme left, but to win the election they will need to pander to the center. That's going to be hard.

Comment

Some pundit said that to win the nomination the Democratic candidates need to pander to the extreme left, but to win the election they will need to pander to the center. That's going to be hard.
                        It really is -- and Trump will give them FAR more H-E-double hockeysticks over it than a 'normal' politician would. It might be fun to watch.

Comment

It really is -- and Trump will give them FAR more H-E-double hockeysticks over it than a 'normal' politician would. It might be fun to watch.
                          Once they publicly announce they are for various far-left policies to get nominated (like healthcare for illegals) it will be nearly impossible to walk that back when they are campaigning and trying to get the moderate and right votes. The far left is really vocal and they might be the majority of democrats today, but they are not the majority when compared to moderate democrats and republicans added together. And I think they scare the crap out of the more moderate liberals. Just see how Pelosi and crew are reacting in congress.

Comment

...The far left is really vocal and they might be the majority of democrats today, but they are not the majority when compared to moderate democrats and republicans added together. And I think they scare the crap out of the more moderate liberals. Just see how Pelosi and crew are reacting in congress.
                            I'm hoping that more Democrats join my Dad's perspective --- "I didn't leave the Party - it left ME".

Comment

I'm hoping that more Democrats join my Dad's perspective --- "I didn't leave the Party - it left ME".
                              I have a cousin who feels like that. I think she is still registered democrat but will probably vote for republican.

Comment