Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: US Census

  1. #1
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,185
    Amen (Given)
    4788
    Amen (Received)
    21313

    US Census

    So I was wondering... Even if Trump got his way and put the question about citizenship on the census, why would any illegal admit it?

    They are already paranoid about the government finding them out, so why would they tell the truth about it on the census?

  2. #2
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,477
    Amen (Given)
    5961
    Amen (Received)
    11376
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So I was wondering... Even if Trump got his way and put the question about citizenship on the census, why would any illegal admit it?

    They are already paranoid about the government finding them out, so why would they tell the truth about it on the census?
    It's asking about citizenship, not illegality. There are many people who live here legally who are not citizens.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  3. #3
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,515
    Amen (Given)
    272
    Amen (Received)
    558
    And there are citizens who are living illegally.

    I didn't get counted in the last census. I will have to put me down twice in the coming census.

  4. #4
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,185
    Amen (Given)
    4788
    Amen (Received)
    21313
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    It's asking about citizenship, not illegality. There are many people who live here legally who are not citizens.
    True, but the whole controversy is about how many illegal aliens are in the country, which the democrats seem to want to suppress and Trump wants to know. I can see someone with a green card answering they are not a citizen, but I would think any illegal alien would be too paranoid to do so. It might be "anonymous" but I would think they would be too cautious, worrying they could be found out.

  5. #5
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,477
    Amen (Given)
    5961
    Amen (Received)
    11376
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    True, but the whole controversy is about how many illegal aliens are in the country, which the democrats seem to want to suppress and Trump wants to know. I can see someone with a green card answering they are not a citizen, but I would think any illegal alien would be too paranoid to do so. It might be "anonymous" but I would think they would be too cautious, worrying they could be found out.
    Well, balance that with being found out for lying on the census form.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  6. #6
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,990
    Amen (Given)
    11276
    Amen (Received)
    24056
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    And there are citizens who are living illegally.

    I didn't get counted in the last census. I will have to put me down twice in the coming census.
    Are you still gonna claim you're Chinese?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  7. #7
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,185
    Amen (Given)
    4788
    Amen (Received)
    21313
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Well, balance that with being found out for lying on the census form.
    The fact that they have penalties shows that it isn't as anonymous as they claim so the illegals should probably lie, since a fine for getting caught wouldn't matter much since they would also be being deported. Better to take the chance.

  8. #8
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,515
    Amen (Given)
    272
    Amen (Received)
    558
    Yes. And my other person is Zulu

  9. #9
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,983
    Amen (Given)
    5522
    Amen (Received)
    5516
    The general plan from conservatives seems to be that if they receive a census form that doesn't ask the citizenship question, they'll just pitch it in the trash.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  10. #10
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,515
    Amen (Given)
    272
    Amen (Received)
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The general plan from conservatives seems to be that if they receive a census form that doesn't ask the citizenship question, they'll just pitch it in the trash.
    That would help compensate for illegal migrants being counted. Greater accuracy in the census count is a good goal. Imagine California losing half of its representatives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •