Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: US Census

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It would have to be an agreement of Congress, and there is a substantial liberal element that simply doesn't want it to be known how many citizens and non-citizens are here.
    Just seems to me that one of the least things a country should be able to know is who its citizens are.

2. Amen NorrinRadd, Raphael amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Just seems to me that one of the least things a country should be able to know is who its citizens are.
    Absolutely - for a variety of reasons. On this, I'm hoping that the majority of the country realize that the Democrats have lost their ever loving minds.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

4. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Couldn't the US just standardize how tracking of citizenship happens. Perhaps by developing a federal database? Is handing out a questionaire to all the addresses of the US really the best way to do it?
    I would think the Social Security Administration basically does that. Nowadays, children are given a social security number at birth in the US and only US citizens can get them. If a US citizen is born abroad (like I was) the parents file a form of birth abroad with the State Department.

Sure there will be some margin of error as some people might avoid getting a social security number for some reason (paranoia) or some people could maybe scam the system somehow to get a number when they shouldn't, but I think that would be a small percentage. And when you die that is recorded by the SSA also, so they know how many active SS numbers are out there. That would be a pretty close number of US Citizens alive today. And they can correlate those numbers to names and ages.