Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Judge blows a huge hole in the Mueller report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Mueller (and Barr) saying repeatedly and publicly that a connection HAS BEEN shown could create unavoidable prejudice in any jury and make a fair trial impossible.
    Especially when such a connection was never established by Mueller who uses deliberately vague and equivocal language throughout his report.

Remember, Mueller never expected the "Russian trolls" to contest the charges -- the uncontested indictment in and of itself was supposed to serve as having "established" the necessary connection for the purposes of his investigation -- and he was as shocked as anybody when their lawyers actually showed up. Now he can't even claim to have established anything, which blows a giant hole in his case and in the Democrat party's schemes.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Especially when such a connection was never established by Mueller who uses deliberately vague and equivocal language throughout his report.

Remember, Mueller never expected the "Russian trolls" to contest the charges -- the uncontested indictment in and of itself was supposed to serve as having "established" the necessary connection for the purposes of his investigation -- and he was as shocked as anybody when their lawyers actually showed up. Now he can't even claim to have established anything, which blows a giant hole in his case and in the Democrat party's schemes.
      You last sentence is spin - I don't believe that is the case at all. The Russian involvement and attempts to help Trump are well documented and unlike you I trust our intelligence community, not only in terms of functioning impartially to the best interests of our country irrespective of party, but also in terms of their techniques and expertise.

So we wait for the outcome of the trial and see how that ends up.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Er, yes, it does. Mueller opened his case to the public without offering the proof. That either means he withheld it - which demands a why question - or he can't actually prove it. It's not a good thing for Mueller either way.

MM is likely right about the Dems rescheduling - this could damage their entire case. They need Mueller to speak publicly.
        There are a good number of explanations for why the actual evidence has not been offered publicly, one is national security interests in terms of what making the evidence public implies about sources and methods. You guys are relying on far to much 'wishful thinking' as regards this. 8 organizations made up of those that know, that have deep inside knowledge of what has been going on, that have their eyes on all the TS/SCI info that you and I will likely NEVER see - our intelligence community - have made a very clear statement that the Russians actively tried to influence our elections and that they were actively trying to get Trump elected. The chance that the suppositions and reasoning based on partial, unclassified data can top or be more accurate than those conclusions is very, very small.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You last sentence is spin - I don't believe that is the case at all. The Russian involvement and attempts to help Trump are well documented and unlike you I trust our intelligence community, not only in terms of functioning impartially to the best interests of our country irrespective of party, but also in terms of their techniques and expertise.

So we wait for the outcome of the trial and see how that ends up.

Jim
          Nope, it's fact. Many legal experts on both sides of the political divide have said Mueller's "Russian troll farm" indictment was a political stunt that backfired when the defendants actually showed up in court and demanded discovery, and Mueller had to swallow hard and admit to the judge that he wasn't actually ready to take the case to trial.

Like Teal said, either Mueller doesn't have the evidence, or he inexplicably doesn't want to show it despite an indictment being an explicit declaration that the prosecutor is ready to prove his case in court.

Either way, it's a bad look for the dirty cop.

Comment

There are a good number of explanations for why the actual evidence has not been offered publicly, one is national security interests in terms of what making the evidence public implies about sources and methods. You guys are relying on far to much 'wishful thinking' as regards this. 8 organizations made up of those that know, that have deep inside knowledge of what has been going on, that have their eyes on all the TS/SCI info that you and I will likely NEVER see - our intelligence community - have made a very clear statement that the Russians actively tried to influence our elections and that they were actively trying to get Trump elected. The chance that the suppositions and reasoning based on partial, unclassified data can top or be more accurate than those conclusions is very, very small.

Jim
            If so, Mueller should never have mentioned anything he couldn't offer public evidence for in the report. This hypothesis makes Mueller look like an idiot. He knew better and it was bound to blow up if/when the controversy didn't die down.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

And it gets even more interesting: a new court filling with supporting documents says that Jillian Assange's source for the DNC emails was Seth Rich and not Russian hackers, which would mean that Crowdstrke's analysis and subsequent claims by US intelligence agencies is 100% false.

The ramifications here are almost too large to describe.

If this information turns out to be true and accurate, the entire narrative around the DNC “hack” will have been proven to be intentionally manufactured.

Despite the FBI’s prior admissions about never reviewing the DNC servers; and despite their recent admissions about never actually seeing the forensic computer analysis, the U.S. Department of Justice, specifically Robert Mueller, Andrew Weissmann and former DAG Rod Rosenstein, cannot blame a simple investigative ‘mistake‘ for the wrong attribution of who gave the DNC emails to Wikileaks.

The FBI, the DOJ and the Mueller special counsel have each purposefully claimed specific Russian actors were responsible for hacking the DNC in 2016. If it turns out those claims were based on falsehood, the integrity of the DOJ and Special Counsel collapses.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-russian-hack/

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                And it gets even more interesting: a new court filling with supporting documents says that Jillian Assange's source for the DNC emails was Seth Rich and not Russian hackers, which would mean that Crowdstrke's analysis and subsequent claims by US intelligence agencies is 100% false.

The ramifications here are almost too large to describe.

If this information turns out to be true and accurate, the entire narrative around the DNC “hack” will have been proven to be intentionally manufactured.

Despite the FBI’s prior admissions about never reviewing the DNC servers; and despite their recent admissions about never actually seeing the forensic computer analysis, the U.S. Department of Justice, specifically Robert Mueller, Andrew Weissmann and former DAG Rod Rosenstein, cannot blame a simple investigative ‘mistake‘ for the wrong attribution of who gave the DNC emails to Wikileaks.

The FBI, the DOJ and the Mueller special counsel have each purposefully claimed specific Russian actors were responsible for hacking the DNC in 2016. If it turns out those claims were based on falsehood, the integrity of the DOJ and Special Counsel collapses.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-russian-hack/
                Interesting. I've skimmed the lawsuit on scribd, but I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Somewhat unusually, it's filed by a lawyer using a yahoo.com email address.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment