Nuking Clouds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuking Clouds

Leo says this will stop global climate warming change! Well, something like that.

I'm all for it - one of the stupid things is dumping water all over my house! Nuke it!

You're welcome, Leo!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Actually nuclear weapons are a last ditch item that can stave off the worst of the worst scenarios, the ones that would lead to six or twelve degrees of global warming. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Comment

Wouldn't that cause worse problems? Could we mess things up so badly, that Jesus has to come back to keep us from going extinct? Then again, He doesn't have to return to do something behind the scenes. Jesus will return when the Father wills it.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        Wouldn't that cause worse problems? Could we mess things up so badly, that Jesus has to come back to keep us from going extinct? Then again, He doesn't have to return to do something behind the scenes. Jesus will return when the Father wills it.
        I believe US Evangelicals who believe that God won't permit humanity to undergo a severe reduction in their economic potential and livelihood are kidding themselves. God could reduce the current population down to a mere ten thousand people if He wanted and not at all be inconsistent with his promise to Noah about not destroying humanity. There have been wars, famine and pests, and God permitted those to ravage us.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          We don't have to nuke 'em all... I suppose...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            I believe US Evangelicals who believe that God won't permit humanity to undergo a severe reduction in their economic potential and livelihood are kidding themselves. God could reduce the current population down to a mere ten thousand people if He wanted and not at all be inconsistent with his promise to Noah about not destroying humanity. There have been wars, famine and pests, and God permitted those to ravage us.
            I said extinct, not endangered. Though, Paul probably couldn't conceive of the idea of humans becoming extinct as a species. And wasn't that promise to Noah specifically about not using water to trigger a population bottleneck?

Comment

So if we just nuke someplace remote like Australia, then we can enjoy nice cool weather again, without worrying about the radiation problems. It can become a no man's land. And maybe one day the kangaroo's will mutate into dinosaurs and we can have our Jurassic Park.

Comment

So does the thread's title imply that the clouds should be nuked, or that the clouds should do the nuking?
                ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Yes!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Wouldn't nuking clouds create more problems? Like EMPs? And radiation?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      So if we just nuke someplace remote like Australia, then we can enjoy nice cool weather again, without worrying about the radiation problems. It can become a no man's land. And maybe one day the kangaroo's will mutate into dinosaurs and we can have our Jurassic Park.
                      The bolded part.

Yeah, yeah. I know. It doesn't work that way except in bad movies.

But a fella can still dream can't he?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        The bolded part.

Yeah, yeah. I know. It doesn't work that way except in bad movie
                        But a fella can still dream can't he?
                        Ha! Have you heard about the Meth-gators?

https://people.com/pets/police-warn-...s-meth-gators/

You probably thought that could only happen in a bad syfy channel movie!

Comment