Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

‘Believe all women’ makes the ‘Pence rule’ just common sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Believe all women’ makes the ‘Pence rule’ just common sense

‘Believe all women’ makes the ‘Pence rule’ just common sense

Now, more than ever.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Actually, it's good advice for women - especially girls. You don't end up in an STD clinic staying where people can see you.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      There is a women in my shop that keeps asking me to pick her up and take her hiking (without her husband). It actually bothers her that I won't. The Pence/Billy Graham rule.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        There is a women in my shop that keeps asking me to pick her up and take her hiking (without her husband). It actually bothers her that I won't. The Pence/Billy Graham rule.
        That's not surprising - it makes a woman feel insecure when she feels in anyway rejected. That doesn't mean she has any ill intentions; she's instinctively taking it personally. If it were still common practice, she wouldn't think twice about it, assuming she even asked.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

We agree. Seems like a totally illogical situation (even fits some non-PC stereotypes for women). If Women don't want men to make any sort of advance, even harmless displays of mild affection, and if any women can claim any such action, no matter how trivial, is effectively rape and the fellow can lose his job or career over it, then it only makes sense that men will not allow themselves to be in any situation alone with any women they do not know and trust not to freak at the slightest glance or touch, or to seek revenge if an advance of their own is rebuffed **.

I also hadn't looked into this - though I suspected he was just saying - "sorry I'm not going to allow myself to be alone with a woman - Too risky*". Seems a totally reasonable thing to do - especially these days.

Sometimes we are in closed labs where I work. I usually just leave if the only other person in the lab is female and I don't know her very well.

Jim

* I would not be surprised if this doesn't get even more complicated with the mainstreaming of LGBT relations

** an alternative might be HD web cam monitoring and recording of all interactions with members of the opposite sex.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-15-2019, 10:51 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            That's not surprising - it makes a woman feel insecure when she feels in anyway rejected. That doesn't mean she has any ill intentions; she's instinctively taking it personally. If it were still common practice, she wouldn't think twice about it, assuming she even asked.
            I tried to explain that I won't be alone with any woman. She thinks it is an excuse. Heck I don't even hug women.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I tried to explain that I won't be alone with any woman. She thinks it is an excuse. Heck I don't even hug women.
              Yep. Even 10 years ago I allowed myself friendly relations with women at work. These days I avoid it like the plague.

I do feel sorry for the young and single guys. Where can they safely meet a future wife now? The options are getting very limited.

Jim
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-15-2019, 10:54 AM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Haven't meet her but my guess is you have zero chance of convincing her. Most likely, it would take another woman, one who can vouch for your policy. It's a girl thing.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Hugging women is an interesting problem.... our women in Church are "huggers", but I always manage to do one of those "from the side" hugs that's not full body contact.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hugging women is an interesting problem.... our women in Church are "huggers", but I always manage to do one of those "from the side" hugs that's not full body contact.
                    Except with Mrs CP - people need to see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Yep. Even 10 years ago I allowed myself friendly relations with women at work. These days I avoid it like the plague.

I do feel sorry for the young and single guys. Where can they safely meet a future wife now? The options are getting very limited.

Jim
                      At church? You're at least likely to meet someone there with similar religious beliefs. The professional places I've worked tend to have "no dating between coworkers" policies anyway.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I don't hug men or women for different reasons. The last adult I hugged was Carp - as he was leaving! He caught me off guard. And he trying to blow in my ear!

Comment

If people want hugs I give hugs.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            At church? You're at least likely to meet someone there with similar religious beliefs. The professional places I've worked tend to have "no dating between coworkers" policies anyway.
                            Church works - sort of. More for younger singles though - from what I've been told (I've been married way too long to be any sort of expert on what dating is like nowadays )

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Church works - sort of. More for younger singles though - from what I've been told (I've been married way too long to be any sort of expert on what dating is like nowadays )

Jim
                              Mrs CP and I have been married nearly 50 years, and we are STILL dating*.

* each other - had to put that in for my brudder, the rouge.

Comment