Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump proves hes a racist.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I doubt they 'hate' this country. That is just stupid. They do think they know ways they can make this country better - which is what running for office and being a public servant is all about.

Their idea of better and our idea of better may not be the same. And if it is different from most of the people in their district, they'll get voted out. But thinking things are broken and need to be fixed does NOT make you a person that 'hates' America.

Jim
    What is stupid is that a woman of obvious foreign descent with obvious foreign loyalties can insult a country on its day of celebration while praising her actual country unconditionally and you STILL try to sell the idea that she's just a fellow american trying to make her country better.

Most immigrants' idea of making their adoptive countries better is to destroy its customs and identity and make it as close to their country of origin as possible.

In the past this was buffered against to some extent by high levels of nationalism but nationalism is now racist so that no longer has much (if any) effect.

It's why parts of America closely resemble third world countries and why it'll cease to exist as a distinct nation within my lifetime.
    Last edited by Darth Executor; 07-16-2019 at 01:37 PM.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Here is the exact quote

Source: Trump

Why dont they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.

© Copyright Original Source

I guess you think because he suggested a job for them while they are there it makes it 'better'?

Jim
    Right. Clearly a political statement and not a racist one.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Well no, mostly Carp I argue for freedom and less government control and less taxes - across the board. I don't want to force Christian baker to serve someone he doesn't want to, and that freedom applies to you. And I want you to keep more of your hard earned money. And yes, I think that killing unborn human beings is a moral wrong. But that would apply to all unborn regardless of race or gender or economic status.
    And yet your argument is for the Christian baker - and against the LGBTQ community - so you have identified the group you want to "protect" and the group you are willing to sacrifice to do so. And you fight for the rights of the unborn - which is another specific group (no one said it had to be ethnically or racially based) and you are willing to sacrifice the freedoms of a woman to do so. And you did not ask me if I wanted to "keep my hard earned money." You just assumed that was something I wanted or should want. Perhaps I want some part of my hard-earned money to go to supporting social programs and think the best way for those programs to be enacted is through government agency.

It's identity politics, Seer - across the board. You cannot avoid it.
    Last edited by carpedm9587; 07-16-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    And yet your argument is for the Christian baker - and against the LGBTQ community - so you have identified the group you want to "protect" and the group you are willing to sacrifice to do so.

It's identity politics, Seer - across the board.
    That's not identity politics.

5. Amen Adrift, NorrinRadd, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And yet your argument is for the Christian baker - and against the LGBTQ community - so you have identified the group you want to "protect" and the group you are willing to sacrifice to do so. And you fight for the rights of the unborn - which is another specific group (no one said it had to be ethnically or racially based) and you are willing to sacrifice the freedoms of a woman to do so. And you did not ask me if I wanted to "keep my hard earned money." You just assumed that was something I wanted or should want. Perhaps I want some part of my hard-earned money to go to supporting social programs and think the best way for those programs to be enacted is through government agency.

So which identity politics do you espouse?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    So which identity politics do you espouse?
    The groups that I think most need political support include women, the unborn (who are voiceless), minorities (almost by definition), and immigrants seeking asylum. It would be nice to see "freedom of religion" to be extended to "freedom from religion," but I doubt that will happen in my lifetime and I prefer to "pick my battles," if you will.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That's not identity politics.
    Of course not. After all - only the left engages in identity politics, right?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Nonsense Carp, I'm advocating for more freedom across the board that applies equally to all. And yes I advocate for the woman's right not to be killed in the womb. And you are perfectly free to use your money as you see fit, even giving more to the government. You would have the government force me to support their charities. You are anti-freedom, I am not.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

10. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Of course not. After all - only the left engages in identity politics, right?
    No, but what you described is not identity politics.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In other news, Nancy Pelosi leads a charge on the House floor to condemn Trump, gets booed out of the room, and is banned from addressing the House for the rest of the day after her remarks are declared out of order. That's right, the Speaker of the House is banned from addressing the House!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...iolates-house/