Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump proves hes a racist.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    C - do you know what it is like to have the majority of the people on a forum telling you how bad you are in every single post written? Not that an idea you've had is bad, not that something you said was inaccurate, but that you yourself are bad, bad , bad. Over and over and over again. That is something I more and more work hard not to do, to not say something like you just said to me. To not directly attack the character or morals of the other person.

What I find though is that most people dont seem to be able to differentiate between saying "this idea is bad" and "you are bad".

And so I dont really yet have a set of tools that can avoid inflaming a conversation, although perhaps just being more clear about making that difference explicit may help.

It does seem that any attempt to defend against the constant attacks on me as a person only serves to escalate hostility. So Im just not even going to try anymore.

Maybe one day you can see the difference between saying an idea is bad and saying the person is bad. And ill try to be as clear as possible Im focussing on an idea, not a person in my replies.

Jim
    Jim you have post after post saying WE are bad/immoral/unchristian just because we don't agree with you about something Trump stands for or has done. You are doing exactly what you denounce above, but can't seem to see it. Then you get upset when people call you out on it and say they are attacking you.

It has gotten to the point that I am actively trying not to interact with you on anything to do with Trump in order not to upset you.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    God bless you Teal. I think you probably feel justified in the current campaign to fix me - but really?

Jim
    Dude, if and when you wanna be fixed, you only need talk with Jesus - He can fix you. I have no such delusions about my abilities.

And yes, REALLY. Your very first post attacks the people who support Trump - then you have the gall to turn around and tell Cere that you only attack ideas, not people. Nonsense. You can keep spouting it all you want - but you might wanna quit the martyr routine. You are not a martyr here - you're an instigator.

3. Amen Cerebrum123, MaxVel, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Apparently you missed my post. Nixon, was not only a crook, but when running for president, he secretly negotiated with the N.Vietnamese not to end the war until after the election in order to boost his chances of winning and in so doing caused the unnecessary deaths of many more of your beloved Marines. So, I'll ask again, do you still like Nixon?
    Bull crap Jim, first there is no actual evidence that Nixon had an effect on the peace process...

While its likely that the revelation of Nixons involvement might have influenced the outcome of the 1968 American election, Jack Torry reports for Politico that the Paris Peace Talks were likely on the ropes before November 1968, and that the North Vietnamese were not serious about ending the war. Transcripts from the time show that South Vietnamese President Thieu was not willing to participate in talks that included the National Liberation Front, the communist party trying to overthrow the South Vietnam government.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...bUju2YDp12O.99
    There was never a serious peace prospect, so Nixon did not cause more deaths. He is the one who ENDED the Democrat war...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

5. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Jim you have post after post saying WE are bad/immoral/unchristian just because we don't agree with you about something Trump stands for or has done. You are doing exactly what you denounce above, but can't seem to see it. Then you get upset when people call you out on it and say they are attacking you.

It has gotten to the point that I am actively trying not to interact with you on anything to do with Trump in order not to upset you.
    I would encourage you to look again. I know that in all my posts that bring up the morality of a certain issue, my intent is to point out why certain ideas or responses are inconsistent with the good people I believe you to be.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-20-2019 at 06:46 AM.
    He will reply, Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Very first post in thread:
    What I have a very hard time doing is watching so many defend what Trump said, or laugh at the people he said it about.

To support Trump it seems is to lose pieces of one's humanity. I've watched it happen day after day on TWEB over the course of his presidency. Each day he takes another step into the mud, and each day people drop another piece of their soul and follow him in.

Jim
    I would encourage you to look again. I know that in all my posts that bring up the morality of a certain issue, my intent is to point out why certain ideas or responses are inconsistent with the good people I believe you to be.

Jim
    We DID. YOU are the one that refuses to see the truth. You don't pose the question - you out and out attack the morality of others for no other reason than your own specious hatred of a man you've never even met.

9. Amen MaxVel, Cerebrum123, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    God bless you Teal. I think you probably somehow feel justified in the current campaign to highlight each and every thing you despise in me - but really? How much longer do you plan to continue along this tack of posts filled with direct personal attacks on every element of me you find distasteful?

Jim
    Wow... your paranoia and utter lack of introspection and self-awareness is almost shocking. I don't read anything in Teal's posts to suggest that she in any way despises you. I get the sense that you are only willing to accept your faults on your own terms and become upset when someone else points them out to you.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

11. Amen Teallaura, Cerebrum123, MaxVel, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    C - do you know what it is like to have the majority of the people on a forum telling you how bad you are in every single post written? Not that an idea you've had is bad, not that something you said was inaccurate, but that you yourself are bad, bad , bad. Over and over and over again. That is something I more and more work hard not to do, to not say something like you just said to me. To not directly attack the character or morals of the other person.
    Yes, I do know what that's like, but that's not happening to you here. I've had crap happen like that my entire freaking life, and not just on the internet.

What I find though is that most people dont seem to be able to differentiate between saying "this idea is bad" and "you are bad".
    You've certainly proved your incapable of such distinguishing. Most people here on TWeb that disagree with you are effectively saying that you aren't acting like yourself and that you need to take a step back, and have a good look in the mirror.

And so I dont really yet have a set of tools that can avoid inflaming a conversation, although perhaps just being more clear about making that difference explicit may help.
    From the very first post I've seen you make on the topic of Trump you have been inflammatory towards those you disagree with, so don't give me that BS.

It does seem that any attempt to defend against the constant attacks on me as a person only serves to escalate hostility. So Im just not even going to try anymore.

That's some major hyperbole right there, and that is the nicest thing I can say about the underlined.

Maybe one day you can see the difference between saying an idea is bad and saying the person is bad. And ill try to be as clear as possible Im focussing on an idea, not a person in my replies.

Jim
    You very clearly have not been focusing on ideas rather than people. That is why Teal is calling you out like this. Your own rhetoric has actually been far worse than anything I've seen others say to you. OBP pointed out what you are saying and you justified your words as a "wake up call", but you've been unable to see that many here are attempting to give you a wake up call with regards to your own actions.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    God bless you Teal. I think you probably somehow feel justified in the current campaign to highlight each and every thing you despise in me - but really? How much longer do you plan to continue along this tack of posts filled with direct personal attacks on every element of me you find distasteful?

Jim

That's what you get out of Teal's post? Seriously?

14. Amen MaxVel, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Jim
    You at least sometimes initiate the personal attacks. Go back 3 pages on the board and look at your 'Can you still support him?' thread, where you attacked me ("naive") directly, as well as by implication in your general attack on people who don't instantly condemn Trump for everything he is supposed to have said or done.

You attacked the integrity of everyone else in this thread, as Teal has pointed out.

It's really too rich to see you then complaining about others attacking you. Maybe one day you can see that making blanket negative moral judgments on everyone who doesn't instantly agree with your opinions on Trump gives you no right to then complain about 'personal attacks'. Frankly, you get very little in return. MM and Pixie are the main ones who have lost patience with your style - throw out a general insult, then whine about 'personal attacks'. OBP, Sparko, Seer, CP, Adrift and others are very patient with you.

Grow up.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

16. Amen Cerebrum123, Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    You at least sometimes initiate the personal attacks. Go back 3 pages on the board and look at your 'Can you still support him?' thread, where you attacked me ("naive") directly, as well as by implication in your general attack on people who don't instantly condemn Trump for everything he is supposed to have said or done.

You attacked the integrity of everyone else in this thread, as Teal has pointed out.

It's really too rich to see you then complaining about others attacking you. Maybe one day you can see that making blanket negative moral judgments on everyone who doesn't instantly agree with your opinions on Trump gives you no right to then complain about 'personal attacks'. Frankly, you get very little in return. MM and Pixie are the main ones who have lost patience with your style - throw out a general insult, then whine about 'personal attacks'. OBP, Sparko, Seer, CP, Adrift and others are very patient with you.

Grow up.
    I see the group of you as a whole have no intention of finding something better to do than vent your hatred and disdain my way. Better me than someone else i suppose. Do continue. When you finish, wait 3 days or a week or so and go back and read what you wrote and see how it looks then.

Jim
    He will reply, Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

18. Amen shunyadragon amen'd this post.