Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 546

Thread: Trump proves hes a racist.

  1. #511
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,912
    Amen (Given)
    1602
    Amen (Received)
    1438
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Hey Jim, there wasn't any actual evidence that they actually contacted the North Vietnamese, it was all innuendo - if you think otherwise post the quotes.
    Like I said, you obviously didn't read the article. There are hand written notes from H.R. Haldeman, notes which were taken during a phone call to Nixon, FBI tapes of intercepted calls between Nixon aide Anna Chenault and the S. Vietnamese ambassador. Both the notes and the taped phone calls indicated that Nixon new and was directing his aides in the secret endeavor. He also tried to get a Chinese businessman involved and had his VP running mate, Spiro Agnew attempt to get Taiwanese president Chiang Kai Shek involved.

    This info was declassified in 2007.

    You didn't read it, did you? Nixon was not only a crook, he was a treasonous crook, and would have sacrificed the lives of as many soldiers as it took if it helped him win the election. Bet you still like him though, right?

  2. #512
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,877
    Amen (Given)
    267
    Amen (Received)
    1477
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    Stop your pity party. I don't hate you, and I doubt anyone else here does.


    Instead of taking on board what people are saying about how you express your views, you're deflecting it as an attack on you. That allows you to feel justified in your own eyes, and ignore the substantive points being made. You are the one who expresses your disdain and moral superiority to others in almost every post you make in Civics. Teal documented it, I pointed it out to you in the thread from last month, numerous others have pointed it out.

    You see yourself as calling others to consider their moral position, but everyone else sees what you post as a general attack on them for 'supporting evil'.

    Own what you post, bro. Despite your good intentions the effect is to make others feel insulted and morally judged.


    I will evaluate what Trump (or anyone else) says or does on the basis of fair and objective analysis of the actual facts. That is my duty as a follower of Jesus.

    I won't rush to judgment, or judge uncharitably, or allow myself to be pressured into a judgment by attempts to coerce me, or manipulate me by suggesting that I must agree if I am a truly moral Christian. That is my duty as a follower of Jesus.
    Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred. And you have all joined the ranks of cyber bullies around the world. I said I think you are each doing something wrong. And in response you had to attack. As a mob, as a group you have torn into me for page after page.

    This is the dynamic that produces suicides. Do you realize that? It is pure evil.

    I always wonder why kids that get sucked ihto this sort of thing dont just leave. But these people are supposed to be friends. But im intelligent enough to kbow i must leave this toxic, hate filled place.

    Good bye. I hope you can live with the path you have chosen. But Im done here.

    Jim
    He will reply, Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  3. #513
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,214
    Amen (Given)
    2467
    Amen (Received)
    1774
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred. And you have all joined the ranks of cyber bullies around the world. I said I think you are each doing something wrong. And in response you had to attack. As a mob, as a group you have torn into me for page after page.

    This is the dynamic that produces suicides. Do you realize that? It is pure evil.

    I always wonder why kids that get sucked ihto this sort of thing dont just leave. But these people are supposed to be friends. But im intelligent enough to kbow i must leave this toxic, hate filled place.

    Good bye. I hope you can live with the path you have chosen. But Im done here.

    Jim
    Stick around Jim, you are one of the few people of integrity among the theists here. They only gang-up because of their own insecurities and doubts about their own position. It's called 'group-think' in psychology.
    He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. - Douglas Adams.

  4. #514
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,725
    Amen (Given)
    2114
    Amen (Received)
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    But, but, but.... that doesn't support the extreme-lefty conspiracy theory nuttery! Trump is going to declare himself King...
    Yeah! I mean, we know he's "legit." He'll surely be "too legit to quit!"
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  5. #515
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,092
    Amen (Given)
    1064
    Amen (Received)
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Stick around Jim, you are one of the few people of integrity among the theists here. They only gang-up because of their own insecurities and doubts about their own position. It's called 'group-think' in psychology.
    Jim, you write some very good posts with some very strong points and you have an integrity that is not often seen these places. I think it is quite obvious from the reactions you are getting (unfair as some of them are) that you are challenging their way of thinking.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

  6. #516
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,092
    Amen (Given)
    1064
    Amen (Received)
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You need to give up the persecution complex, because it is seriously affecting your judgement and ability to rationally interact with others.
    Ad hominem
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I might also recommend that you approach these discussions with a new paradigm:

    1) President Trump is not the devil.
    2) Christians can, in good conscience, support the President without compromising our core values.

    1) This is clearly a straw man.
    2) Mere assertion does not help your case. Ox has taken part in many discusssions in which he has given his reasons why you cannot support Trump in certain cases. What you present here is a hand wave of all that. Indeed, it should be obvious to any Christian, that you cannot support any person in everything they do. For Ox to point out where thinks that line should be drawn has got nothing at all to do with identifying Trump with the devil.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

  7. #517
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24,317
    Amen (Given)
    1629
    Amen (Received)
    4889
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Like I said, you obviously didn't read the article. There are hand written notes from H.R. Haldeman, notes which were taken during a phone call to Nixon, FBI tapes of intercepted calls between Nixon aide Anna Chenault and the S. Vietnamese ambassador. Both the notes and the taped phone calls indicated that Nixon new and was directing his aides in the secret endeavor. He also tried to get a Chinese businessman involved and had his VP running mate, Spiro Agnew attempt to get Taiwanese president Chiang Kai Shek involved.

    This info was declassified in 2007.

    You didn't read it, did you? Nixon was not only a crook, he was a treasonous crook, and would have sacrificed the lives of as many soldiers as it took if it helped him win the election. Bet you still like him though, right?
    What exactly was said Jim, be specific. And phone calls "indicated" - where is Nixon actually saying anything? But you said that Nixon actually got more Marines killed - that is false, your own article said there was no serious peace plan in the first place.
    Last edited by seer; 07-21-2019 at 05:04 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  8. #518
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,076
    Amen (Given)
    1506
    Amen (Received)
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    But, but, but.... that doesn't support the extreme-lefty conspiracy theory nuttery! Trump is going to declare himself King...
    Posts have gone far beyond the topic.

    Based on Trump's history and his own personal testimony Trump is a racist.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeares Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  9. #519
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,404
    Amen (Given)
    5554
    Amen (Received)
    5748
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassmoron View Post
    Stick around Jim, you are one of the few people of integrity among the theists here. They only gang-up because of their own insecurities and doubts about their own position. It's called 'group-think' in psychology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Jim, you write some very good posts with some very strong points and you have an integrity that is not often seen these places. I think it is quite obvious from the reactions you are getting (unfair as some of them are) that you are challenging their way of thinking.
    Yes, Jim, don't go, the anti-Christian bigots love you!

    (If that's not a wake-up call, then I'm not sure what is.)
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  10. Amen MaxVel, Teallaura amen'd this post.
  11. #520
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24,317
    Amen (Given)
    1629
    Amen (Received)
    4889
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Stick around Jim, you are one of the few people of integrity among the theists here. They only gang-up because of their own insecurities and doubts about their own position. It's called 'group-think' in psychology.
    There you go Jim, high praise from about the most anti-Christian bigot on this site. Well done brother...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  12. Amen MaxVel, Teallaura, RumTumTugger, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •