Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: Trump proves hes a racist.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    What exactly was said Jim, be specific. And phone calls "indicated" - where is Nixon actually saying anything? But you said that Nixon actually got more Marines killed - that is false, your own article said there was no serious peace plan in the first place.
    Wow! The republican brain in action. Denial, denial, denial. Maybe if you read the article 5 or 6 more times it might sink in, seer.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred.
    AH

(1) No, we're not. (2) You're accusing fellow Christians of hating a brother (you) - saying that we're not walking in light, but walking in darkness (1 John 2 V 11). That's a serious accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd
    And you have all joined the ranks of cyber bullies around the world. I said I think you are each doing something wrong. And in response you had to attack. As a mob, as a group you have torn into me for page after page.
    You've produced thread after thread calling everyone who doesn't immediately jump to agreement - with your interpretation of whatever the latest thing Trump is accused of saying or doing is - of supporting evil, being deluded, willfully blind and so on.

When people question your interpretation, or dig into what the facts actually are, you respond with personal attacks. I engaged you in detail on two specific things you said Trump said in a recent interview (Your 'And you still support him?' thread). Neither was something he actually said, but a selective interpretation of his words, ignoring the context. You responded by calling me 'naive' - that's an attack on my intellectual ability, not an argument about the facts of the matter we were discussing.

In this thread you have made numerous and repeated general attacks on the morality of people who merely disagree with you. When called out on that you resort to complaining about people attacking you. Rubbish. People are 'attacking' what you post, the words you use to express your opinions. People are responding to your repeated attacks on them - nearly every post you make on Civics contains the implication that anyone who doesn't agree with you without hesitation is morally at fault, in some way not really following Jesus. You have created the dynamic where there are only two choices - agree with you without reservation; or accept that you are not a 'real' Christian. You could simply post your thoughts and your reasons for them, and discuss with others their thoughts and their reasons for them. But you don't. You disrespect other's intellectual and moral integrity, because you paint them as 'evil' unless they roll over and agree with your opinions.

And now you cry about people pushing back on the dynamic you created. Stop being a crybully.

Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd
    This is the dynamic that produces suicides. Do you realize that? It is pure evil.

I always wonder why kids that get sucked ihto this sort of thing dont just leave. But these people are supposed to be friends. But im intelligent enough to kbow i must leave this toxic, hate filled place.

Good bye. I hope you can live with the path you have chosen. But Im done here.

Jim

I'm not fooled. You're leaving because you can't accept that your behaviour is wrong. Instead of facing honestly the fact that a lot of people - your Christian brothers and sisters - have the same issue with your posting style, you're running away. I fully expect that you will meet with the same issue - your choice of words alienating people to the point where they won't discuss things with you - again and again, until you deal with it. You're dooming yourself to nothing but superficial relationships with everyone except those who want your approval more than they want to form their own opinions. I don't hate you, Jim. I feel sorry for you.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Posts have gone far beyond the topic.
    I'm shocked. STUNNED, even.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred.
    No, sir. I know I'm not, and it's unkind of you to paint with such a broad judgmental brush.

5. Amen MaxVel, Teallaura, RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Stick around Jim, you are one of the few people of integrity among the theists here.
    That's kind of cruel to Jim, Tassy. Why say that? Why kick the guy when he's down?

Quote Originally Posted by Tassman
    They only gang-up because of their own insecurities and doubts about their own position. It's called 'group-think' in psychology.
    ... and that's called 'armchair psychology' by real psychologists - you know - the ones who actually help real people with real problems - the ones who don't give bigots like you the time of day.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    No, sir. I know I'm not, and it's unkind of you to paint with such a broad judgmental brush.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Stick around Jim, you are one of the few people of integrity among the theists here.
    Tassy, if you ever praise me like that, I am running straight to an exorcist.

9. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, Jim, don't go, the anti-Christian bigots love you!

(If that's not a wake-up call, then I'm not sure what is.)
    I think you are confusing Christianity with being a white, Evangelical Trump supporter. As an agnostic I am not anti-Christian and read and listen to many Christian thinkers and have found some of Jim's posts challenging, inspiring and thought provoking. And, no, I certainly did not always agree with him. It worked fine and if you think otherwise perhaps you might want to consider who the bigot is.

Read your own post once again and consider who showed the greatest strength of character.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred. And you have all joined the ranks of cyber bullies around the world. I said I think you are each doing something wrong. And in response you had to attack. As a mob, as a group you have torn into me for page after page.
    You're the one showing contempt and disdain in every post, you're the one engaged in bullying tactics , you're the one who instigated attacks on everyone you disagree with.

This is the dynamic that produces suicides. Do you realize that? It is pure evil.
    Yes, I know full well what bullying can do, so you need to stop engaging in it. I am literally disabled due to the actions of bullies, which is why I'm not putting up with yours. It's also how I know real bullying from attempts at emotional manipulation like you are doing here. So stop making real victims of real bullying look bad. You are facing deserved push back after you started attacking others.

I always wonder why kids that get sucked ihto this sort of thing dont just leave. But these people are supposed to be friends. But im intelligent enough to kbow i must leave this toxic, hate filled place.

Good bye. I hope you can live with the path you have chosen. But Im done here.

Jim
    Apparently you are not intelligent enough to know real bullying when you see it. Most people here actually do care about you, but you are so caught up in your own hate filled heart that you can't see it.

The only one posting things that are "completeky"(sic) full of hatred here is you. The people saying you need to take a good look in the mirror are not acting out of hatred now matter how much you project that on them.

*Yes, this post is harsh, but I see it less harsh than what you deserve after the things you've said.
    Last edited by Cerebrum123; 07-21-2019 at 07:53 AM.

12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Jim has been a personal friend, Jimmy, and I hate that this has gone the way it has gone. The fact that that you see something funny in this shows what a total ignorant ass you are.

14. Amen rogue06, ke7ejx, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.