Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 546

Thread: Trump proves hes a racist.

  1. #531
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,130
    Amen (Given)
    1073
    Amen (Received)
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    AH

    (1) No, we're not. (2) You're accusing fellow Christians of hating a brother (you) - saying that we're not walking in light, but walking in darkness (1 John 2 V 11). That's a serious accusation.




    You've produced thread after thread calling everyone who doesn't immediately jump to agreement - with your interpretation of whatever the latest thing Trump is accused of saying or doing is - of supporting evil, being deluded, willfully blind and so on.

    When people question your interpretation, or dig into what the facts actually are, you respond with personal attacks. I engaged you in detail on two specific things you said Trump said in a recent interview (Your 'And you still support him?' thread). Neither was something he actually said, but a selective interpretation of his words, ignoring the context. You responded by calling me 'naive' - that's an attack on my intellectual ability, not an argument about the facts of the matter we were discussing.

    In this thread you have made numerous and repeated general attacks on the morality of people who merely disagree with you. When called out on that you resort to complaining about people attacking you. Rubbish. People are 'attacking' what you post, the words you use to express your opinions. People are responding to your repeated attacks on them - nearly every post you make on Civics contains the implication that anyone who doesn't agree with you without hesitation is morally at fault, in some way not really following Jesus. You have created the dynamic where there are only two choices - agree with you without reservation; or accept that you are not a 'real' Christian. You could simply post your thoughts and your reasons for them, and discuss with others their thoughts and their reasons for them. But you don't. You disrespect other's intellectual and moral integrity, because you paint them as 'evil' unless they roll over and agree with your opinions.

    And now you cry about people pushing back on the dynamic you created. Stop being a crybully.





    I'm not fooled. You're leaving because you can't accept that your behaviour is wrong. Instead of facing honestly the fact that a lot of people - your Christian brothers and sisters - have the same issue with your posting style, you're running away. I fully expect that you will meet with the same issue - your choice of words alienating people to the point where they won't discuss things with you - again and again, until you deal with it. You're dooming yourself to nothing but superficial relationships with everyone except those who want your approval more than they want to form their own opinions. I don't hate you, Jim. I feel sorry for you.
    I wouldn't blame anyone for being a bit reluctant to accept this as a reply that is filled with love and compassion.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

  2. #532
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,733
    Amen (Given)
    11697
    Amen (Received)
    24952
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I wouldn't blame anyone for being a bit reluctant to accept this as a reply that is filled with love and compassion.
    Love often requires us to speak the truth, and not every act we commit requires compassion. Sometimes the truth actually hurts.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  3. Amen mossrose, Cerebrum123, Teallaura amen'd this post.
  4. #533
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,130
    Amen (Given)
    1073
    Amen (Received)
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Love often requires us to speak the truth, and not every act we commit requires compassion. Sometimes the truth actually hurts.
    While I agree with that statement I don't think it applies completely to the situation.

    There are quite many statements in MaxVel's text that presupposes bad intentions on Jim's side, paints with a very broad brush and so on. And even though the truth hurts (and I don't think we are getting the truth in what was written) there is absolutely nothing wrong in showing all the love you can while pointing out that you disagree with others or that they did something wrong.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

  5. #534
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,733
    Amen (Given)
    11697
    Amen (Received)
    24952
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    While I agree with that statement I don't think it applies completely to the situation.
    Perhaps not completely, because there are other elements involved here.

    There are quite many statements in MaxVel's text that presupposes bad intentions on Jim's side, paints with a very broad brush and so on. And even though the truth hurts (and I don't think we are getting the truth in what was written) there is absolutely nothing wrong in showing all the love you can while pointing out that you disagree with others or that they did something wrong.
    Personally, I don't think Jim has any bad intentions - I believe he's a really good guy making some really bad assumptions.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  6. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  7. #535
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,130
    Amen (Given)
    1073
    Amen (Received)
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Perhaps not completely, because there are other elements involved here.



    Personally, I don't think Jim has any bad intentions - I believe he's a really good guy making some really bad assumptions.
    And I guess the "really good guy" thing is what was lost.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

  8. #536
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,186
    Amen (Given)
    7977
    Amen (Received)
    5247
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Love often requires us to speak the truth, and not every act we commit requires compassion. Sometimes the truth actually hurts.
    I disagree on part of this - I think speaking the truth IS compassionate. Humans are liars out of the starting gate (only idiots believe little kids can't or won't lie) and the person we lie to the most is usually ourselves. You can't fix something you don't know is broken and/or know how it's broke. The first step to the Cross is realizing we need a Savior - a step we never take when we convince ourselves we're not so bad.

    Compassion doesn't keep putting band-aids over an infected wound; Compassion rips off the icky bandage and let's us see the wound so we can treat it.
    Last edited by Teallaura; 07-21-2019 at 08:40 AM.

  9. Amen Cerebrum123, mossrose, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
  10. #537
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,504
    Amen (Given)
    5567
    Amen (Received)
    5790
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I think you are confusing Christianity with being a white, Evangelical Trump supporter.
    Nope. But I'm not surprised that an anti-Christian bigot like you would think that.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  12. #538
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,186
    Amen (Given)
    7977
    Amen (Received)
    5247
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    And I guess the "really good guy" thing is what was lost.
    No, that's in the part where Max bothers to try.

    Look, you're not a brother - so heck yeah, it's annoying when you do crap like that (which is rare for you - you mostly throw things from the peanut gallery ) but that's all it is - annoying. However, it's different with Jim. He IS a brother - one who's making a very serious, very dangerous mistake.

    And yeah, I see the irony that he thinks the same thing about us (sorta). But the facts don't support his view. They do support ours.

  13. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
  14. #539
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,186
    Amen (Given)
    7977
    Amen (Received)
    5247
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred. And you have all joined the ranks of cyber bullies around the world. I said I think you are each doing something wrong. And in response you had to attack. As a mob, as a group you have torn into me for page after page.
    No one hates you - you'd just be on ignore if that were true.

    Your very first post in this thread attacked every Christian who supports Trump to any degree whatsoever. It went downhill from there.

    YOU are not innocent.


    This is the dynamic that produces suicides. Do you realize that? It is pure evil.
    And for the second time, I really wanna kick you in the backside. I was suicidal at the age of EIGHT. That's NOT a typo - Eight years old, being bullied so traumatically that I literally wanted to die.

    Bullying like the kind you do is all you've gotten in return. If you are that psychologically traumatized, pm and I'll help you find a real counselor. Because there has got to be something already wrong for merely being told 'quit picking on us' to drive you to that extent.


    I always wonder why kids that get sucked ihto this sort of thing dont just leave. But these people are supposed to be friends. But im intelligent enough to kbow i must leave this toxic, hate filled place.
    You do need a break, I can certainly see that - but you are not innocent, nor are you being put upon. You most certainly aren't a martyr. YOU are the one who attacked people, right from the start. "Turn the other cheek' is not an open invitation to hit people.



    Good bye. I hope you can live with the path you have chosen. But Im done here.

    Jim
    Later. I hope you get the help you need. Start with Jesus.

  15. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
  16. #540
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,130
    Amen (Given)
    1073
    Amen (Received)
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Nope. But I'm not surprised that an anti-Christian bigot like you would think that.
    Well, if you have to rely on a false idea about who I am it says a lot about the strength of your position.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •