Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 546

Thread: Trump proves hes a racist.

  1. #11
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,102
    Amen (Given)
    1507
    Amen (Received)
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I don't see how you can interpret telling three American born people to go back to their own country in a non-racist manner.
    Actually four, and three were born in the USA.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeares Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  2. #12
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Land of the Large Atmosphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,480
    Amen (Given)
    1395
    Amen (Received)
    3921
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    And they just all happened not to be white?

    His original tweet did specify that he was talking about other countries when he said "from which they came", so it could not be interpreted as just going back to their districts.
    I wasn't interpreting it as "back to their districts." I think it was a bad tweet on multiple levels, but I don't think it was racist.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

  3. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  4. #13
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Triangle
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,266
    Amen (Given)
    1677
    Amen (Received)
    4507
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    I wasn't interpreting it as "back to their districts." I think it was a bad tweet on multiple levels, but I don't think it was racist.
    So in the case of an American born ACO, what could he have meant in her case?
    "Technology has, in an enhanced way, given mockers a platform to set society on fire with polarizing speech. Internet culture privileges those whose insults are click bait." - Timothy Keller

  5. #14
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Triangle
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,266
    Amen (Given)
    1677
    Amen (Received)
    4507
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Actually four, and three were born in the USA.
    You're correcting me then correcting yourself to make my original post correct?
    "Technology has, in an enhanced way, given mockers a platform to set society on fire with polarizing speech. Internet culture privileges those whose insults are click bait." - Timothy Keller

  6. #15
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Land of the Large Atmosphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,480
    Amen (Given)
    1395
    Amen (Received)
    3921
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    So in the case of an American born ACO, what could he have meant in her case?
    I don't know--ignorance, or just blatant trolling.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

  7. #16
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,102
    Amen (Given)
    1507
    Amen (Received)
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    Oh, how I wish Trump would just get the heck off of Twitter. Here goes....

    I think his tweet was stupid and ignorant, given that three of the four he was referring to are American-born, and as he later acknowledged they're all American citizens. But I don't think it was racist, because he didn't say, "Go back." He said "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."
    Trump on Tweeter reveals the real Trump. Why would you not learn what Trump really thing]ks? His attention span is limited to 40 characters, therefore it is his perfect medium of communication.Trump

    This,of course is only one in a long line of statements when Trump reveals his true racist views.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-15-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeares Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  8. #17
    Professor KingsGambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Triangle
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,266
    Amen (Given)
    1677
    Amen (Received)
    4507
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    I don't know--ignorance, or just blatant trolling.
    I don't think there's really a lot of room to come to a conclusion that it's not racist. Whether it's trolling or not is irrelevant.

    But there's really no point here. We've seen this many times over. Most of the conservatives will tut-tut about how he should stay off Twitter but will continue to support him as before, then everybody will forget about it a week later.
    "Technology has, in an enhanced way, given mockers a platform to set society on fire with polarizing speech. Internet culture privileges those whose insults are click bait." - Timothy Keller

  9. #18
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,755
    Amen (Given)
    2169
    Amen (Received)
    654
    I think that tweet was stupid and way too covfefe. But I don't think it was racist. And I think those four Horsebutts of the Apocalypse do act anti-American, hence not American.

    But I do prefer he'd not made that tweet.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  10. #19
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Land of the Large Atmosphere
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,480
    Amen (Given)
    1395
    Amen (Received)
    3921
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I don't think there's really a lot of room to come to a conclusion that it's not racist. Whether it's trolling or not is irrelevant.

    But there's really no point here. We've seen this many times over. Most of the conservatives will tut-tut about how he should stay off Twitter but will continue to support him as before, then everybody will forget about it a week later.
    I disagree with the first part, but yeah...probably not much point.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

  11. #20
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,972
    Amen (Given)
    17
    Amen (Received)
    359
    If Trumps language turns you on, youre his base. Hes not being very presidential of course, but I think he has never stopped being in campaign mode. Now, his rhetoric is becoming a little more focused on the things that appeal to his support.
    I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability. ― Oscar Wilde
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ― Anne Lamott
    And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence ― Bertrand Russell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •