Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    Oh, how I wish Trump would just get the heck off of Twitter. Here goes....

I think his tweet was stupid and ignorant, given that three of the four he was referring to are American-born, and as he later acknowledged they're all American citizens. But I don't think it was racist, because he didn't say, "Go back." He said "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."
    Trump on Tweeter reveals the real Trump. Why would you not learn what Trump really thing]ks? His attention span is limited to 40 characters, therefore it is his perfect medium of communication.Trump

This,of course is only one in a long line of statements when Trump reveals his true racist views.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-15-2019, 04:51 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      I don't know--ignorance, or just blatant trolling.
      I don't think there's really a lot of room to come to a conclusion that it's not racist. Whether it's trolling or not is irrelevant.

But there's really no point here. We've seen this many times over. Most of the conservatives will tut-tut about how he should stay off Twitter but will continue to support him as before, then everybody will forget about it a week later.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I think that tweet was stupid and way too covfefe. But I don't think it was racist. And I think those four Horsebutts of the Apocalypse do act anti-American, hence not American.

But I do prefer he'd not made that tweet.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I don't think there's really a lot of room to come to a conclusion that it's not racist. Whether it's trolling or not is irrelevant.

But there's really no point here. We've seen this many times over. Most of the conservatives will tut-tut about how he should stay off Twitter but will continue to support him as before, then everybody will forget about it a week later.
          I disagree with the first part, but yeah...probably not much point.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

If Trump’s language turns you on, you’re his base. He’s not being very presidential of course, but I think he has never stopped being in campaign mode. Now, his rhetoric is becoming a little more focused on the things that appeal to his support.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

How come such complaints are made about vague inferences of racism about Trump's tweet but nothing is said about the rampant anti-Jewish sentiments supported in Congress among the Democrats?
              Also, the Democrats keep on propagating identity politics. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                How come such complaints are made about vague inferences of racism about Trump's tweet but nothing is said about the rampant anti-Jewish sentiments supported in Congress among the Democrats?
                That was very racist of you.

And now you understand.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's just not true though. When Omar made her statements about Israel, she got a whole lot of backlash from both sides, and the MSM (who were impartial for the most part, other than Fox News) highlighted the whole affair. I remember because it was really a strange thing for me to behold, almost like it was some kind of supernatural spell in government.

Comment

I don't see how you can interpret telling three American born people to go back to their own country in a non-racist manner.
                    I'm sort of on the fence about it. When you look at it logically, I don't think it's as cut and dry as some of the more rabid Trump supporters are saying it is, but that's to be expected.

Look at this way, if you had just Omar in that group and the three other American congresswomen were white women, would he have still used the plural "women" or would he have singled out just Omar? I think the answer is obvious. So the question is, why did he generalize "women" when it was just Omar that was migrant? Was it because they were all women of color?

Comment

If you mean "defend Trump against over the top, knee-jerk reactions from Democrats" by "support him as before", yeah. Everyone will forget this particular instance because Trump will inevitably fire off another inflammatory tweet a week later, causing everyone to angstily roar off after that one instead. I mostly like the results Trump is getting, when he is able to somehow get them. I generally don't like the way he goes about getting them, but the reaction to him is orders of magnitude worse.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You're correcting me then correcting yourself to make my original post correct?
                        OK
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-15-2019, 09:37 PM.
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Nothing the Democrats did comes close to Trump's extreme racism.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                            Nothing the Democrats did comes close to Trump's extreme racism.
                            What is this extreme racism you have in mind?

Comment

One pastor friend of mine is American born but looks Middle Eastern (Armenian heritage). He has been told to go back to his own country. This patently assumes his nationality based on his racial appearance and concludes that this is justification for him having to leave the country. That's a textbook definition of racism. Don't play coy.
                              Er, no. Making an assumption based on race (and having heard AOC speak...) IS NOT racist. Racism is a prejudicial bias against a group for no other legitimate reason than race. Merely having preconceptions about a race or a person of that race is not racism.

Thinking all black folks play basketball is stupid, but not racist. Thinking they are all evil IS racist. Racism is about prejudice, not preconceptions.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                .... like we didn’t know.

Lots of people like his tweet apparently.
                                What I have a very hard time doing is watching so many defend what Trump said, or laugh at the people he said it about.

To support Trump it seems is to lose pieces of one's humanity. I've watched it happen day after day on TWEB over the course of his presidency. Each day he takes another step into the mud, and each day people drop another piece of their soul and follow him in.

Jim
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-16-2019, 12:13 AM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment