Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Trump has a history, Tea. Even the deplorable base know his intent. "that's the kind of white nationalism we elected him for." (Andrew Anglin-founder of the Daily Stormer) Do you really think Trump would have said that about 4 white congressmen for challenging his policies. Of course he wouldn't, and I doubt you'd be defending him for it if he did.
    Um, Jim, it loses a lot in convincing power when you decry dehumanizing people - but turn around and dehumanize people simply for supporting a president you don't.

As for the white idiots trying to ride his coattails - it would probably work better if Richard Spenser hadn't ragged him hard - on CNN.

Since when did that become the conservative version? But at any rate you are correct, what Ayanna Pressley said doesn't fit that definition in the least, but when Trump tells 4 women of color to go back to where they came from, it does.
    No, that fits the first, not the second, version.

True, and so Trump is a racist, or is at least using racism as a political weapon.
    Not on this basis, no. Jerk and having the tact of a wet fish - yep; racist, nope.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Many liberals are, of course, racist, but Trump's history is extremely racist as cited, and the references will continue.
      Could you skip forward to THIS decade? Heck, I'll settle for the last two decades...

1973? Sheesh...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Could you skip forward to THIS decade? Heck, I'll settle for the last two decades...

1973? Sheesh...
        Yeah, Trump is older than me by at least a decade, and in 1973 I would admit that I was a bit racist...but, I grew up and realized a lot of the things I had been told were not true. People DO change...especially if they are intelligent and willing to examine facts over emotions.
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          It's an attack on them, not their ethnicity. Saying someone (who is obviously not loyal to America) is loyal to a foreign nation is not an "attack on ethnicity" except to idiots who hate thinking.
          The references were specifically to non-white female representatives in Congress, and they should go back to where the came from. Your rewrite of the evidence does not pass muster. This a classical historic racist phrase aimed at non-whites.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-17-2019, 08:24 PM.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            He didn't attack their ethnicity.
            Oh yes he did when he told them to go back to where they came from.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Oh yes he did when he told them to go back to where they came from.
              That's not an attack on one's ethnicity.

And what he actually said is why don't they go fix the mess in their own countries and then come back and show us how it's done. Which, again, is political, not racial.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Um, Jim, it loses a lot in convincing power when you decry dehumanizing people - but turn around and dehumanize people simply for supporting a president you don't.
                I'm not dehumanizing them, they, the people I'm talking about, the deplorables, the same people Hilary Clinton was talking about, are self described white nationalist who support Trump because they see him as one of them. Pointing out their self defined character is not dehumanizing. But I shouldn't have to convince you that treating human beings, immigrants fleeing poverty and violence, like animals is dehumanizing them. You can't really think of them as human beings if you do not care and defend their being treated thusly.
                As for the white idiots trying to ride his coattails - it would probably work better if Richard Spenser hadn't ragged him hard - on CNN.
                By "the white idiots" are you speaking of the deplorables? But I know, some of them, like Richard Spencer, don't think Trump is going far enough.

No, that fits the first, not the second, version.
                Trump is either a racist or he is using racism to stoke his base. Divide and conquer.
                Not on this basis, no. Jerk and having the tact of a wet fish - yep; racist, nope.
                Yes, he is all that as well.
                Last edited by JimL; 07-17-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

And what he actually said is why don't they go fix the mess in their own countries and then come back and show us how it's done. Which, again, is political, not racial.
                  This is their country, and they are already here, elected representatives, trying to fix it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    I'm not dehumanizing them, they, the people I'm talking about, the deplorables, the same people Hilary Clinton was talking about, are self described white nationalist who support Trump because they see him as one of them. Pointing out their self defined character is not dehumanizing. But I shouldn't have to convince you that treating human beings, immigrants fleeing poverty and violence, like animals is dehumanizing them. You can't really think of them as human beings if you do not care and defend their being treated thusly.

By "the white idiots" are you speaking of the deplorables? But I know, some of them, like Richard Spencer, don't think Trump is going far enough.
                    Sorry Jim, but no - Clinton's label is dehumanizing - and flat out scummy, if I'm honest.

No one is defending mistreatment - at all. But if Congress won't fund the necessary increases in facilities, et cetera, that's not grounds for opening the border. I might be more sympathetic if we were talking about more than a few days sleeping on the floor in an air conditioned facility during disposition - or if there were credible reports of food shortages, et cetera. But what I actually see are Democrats trumpeting the 'maltreatment' while refusing to send funds purely so they can use the crisis to their political advantage.

The US isn't a magic bullet to solve the economic hardships of everyone that can reach her borders. The better plan is to send economic migrants back home where they will provide internal pressure on their governments while the US provides external pressure. South and Central America are wealthy beyond belief in resources (besides cutting down all the trees) and have the potential to become prosperous in their own right - but not if we keep acting as the escape valve for every internal economic and political pressure. Doing that just dooms those who can't make it here and their children.

We did this once and it was a resounding failure. It's time to do the right thing and close our borders.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      This is their country, and they are already here, elected representatives, trying to fix it.
                      So you agree that Trump's comment was political.

Comment

Not true, it is a long held old racist phrase not only against ethnicity, but down right racism, and reflects the history of his adult life racist views of Trump

Frank

Comment

Try something a LOT more recent - 1973? Seriously?
                          Have you read the whole article? It is a life time record with references. To document this it reflects a life time of racism. I will post more if you refuse to read the article.

Frank

Comment

• Looks like Democrats pulled the pin but forgot to throw the grenade...

“The president won this one,” said an unnamed Democrat politician of President Donald Trump’s “showdown” with the Democrat “Squad” of Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ilhan Omar (D-MN), Ayanna Pressley (D-MA), and Rashia Tlaib (D-MI), according to claims made by CNN’s Jake Tapper on Wednesday.

Trump’s implicit criticisms of Omar — describing the Somali immigrant-turned-politician as an America-hating antisemite — triggered a broad partisan Democrat coalescence around her and other “Justice Democrats” in the aforementioned squad. High unfavorability ratings among Ocasio-Cortez, Omar, Pressley, and Tlaib amounted to a political win for Trump, according to Tapper’s claims.

Trump also highlighted Ocasio-Cortez’s support for blocking a now-defunct Amazon proposal to build headquarters in New York City, NY.

Tapper took to Twitter to make his claims about discussions with four Democrat politicians he says spoke with him on condition of anonymity...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ing-the-party/

Yeah, I know, we should always be suspicious of anonymous sources, but I'm not inclined to think that CNN would invent a story that makes the Democrats look bad. If anything, they're probably downplaying how much this fiasco actually hurt the party.

Comment

• Says one Democrat: "What the president has done is politically brilliant. Pelosi was trying to marginalize these folks and the president has now identified the entire party with them."

Comment

Have you read the whole article? It is a life time record with references. To document this it reflects a life time of racism. I will post more if you refuse to read the article.
                                Read the posted part - all 1973. And not even particularly compelling.

You already said you were gonna keep posting - just post something timely enough to be relevant.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment