Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    That is not a correct citation of the Tweet by Donald Duck.
    Donald Trump sees his tweets as a laser pen, and the Democrats as cats.

hqdefault.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes it is.

That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Yes it is.

No it is not a correct citation of the Tweet, this is the edited back peddling politically correct WHITE washed version.

That is not all he stated in the tweet.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-17-2019, 07:37 AM.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Actually, it is. What is not correct is the cherry-picked quotes from (at least one of) the women. First, I can find no place where any of the women said "America stinks." Then, if you look at Rashida Tlaib's quote in context, instead of the cherry-picked snippet, you will see that her reference to "calming feeling" was a reference to the fact that it was her people (the Palestinians) who gave up land and space to provide a safe haven for the Jews who were so badly persecuted. She was expressing pride in her people, while simultaneously regretting that this safe haven had been forced on her people. That is, of course, the very heart of the ongoing Middle East conflict: people were displaced to make room for a Jewish state, creating significant tension and animosity in the region.

I haven't looked into all four quotes, but I suspect the other three were equally cherry-picked to create this meme.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
            Actually, it is. What is not correct is the cherry-picked quotes from (at least one of) the women. First, I can find no place where any of the women said "America stinks." Then, if you look at Rashida Tlaib's quote in context, instead of the cherry-picked snippet, you will see that her reference to "calming feeling" was a reference to the fact that it was her people (the Palestinians) who gave up land and space to provide a safe haven for the Jews who were so badly persecuted. She was expressing pride in her people, while simultaneously regretting that this safe haven had been forced on her people. That is, of course, the very heart of the ongoing Middle East conflict: people were displaced to make room for a Jewish state, creating significant tension and animosity in the region.

I haven't looked into all four quotes, but I suspect the other three were equally cherry-picked to create this meme.
            We are not referring to the quotes of the women, but the citation of Donald Trumps Tweet, which was a racist generalization.
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-17-2019, 07:41 AM.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

No it is not a correct citation of the Tweet, this is the edited back peddling politically correct WHITE washed version.

That is not all he stated in the tweet.
              WHITE washed? Racist much?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, in reference to Donald Duck Trump's racism. Your citation as a matter of fact did not reflect the Tweet by Trump.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]38375[/ATTACH]
                    Thst cartoon is moronic. To criticize something you see wrong with our country is not anti-american, it is the exact opposite. It is THE reason we have the right to free speech. We are explicitly allowed the right to say whatever we like about our government. In fact, not only is Trump racist, he is creating an atmosphere in his attacks on the press and his attacks on these congressmen where he is trying to invoke hostility against institutions and people that use their fee speech right to call for change or to criticize his presidency.

Each day, one step lower.

Jim
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-17-2019, 08:13 AM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                      WAY too broad a brush...
                      Maybe a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        In fact, not only is Trump racist...
                        He's not a racist.

Although I like how you defend the free speech rights of those who say vile things about America, but not the free speech rights of Trump who criticizes those women for the vile things they say.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Thst cartoon is moronic. To criticize something you see wrong with our country is not anti-anerican, it is the exact opposite. It is THE reason we have the right to free speech. We are explicitly allowed the right to say whatever we like about our government. In fact, not only is Trump racist, he is creating an atmosphere in his attacks on the press and his attacks on these congressmen where he is trying to invoke hostility against institutions and people that use their fee speech right to call for change or to criticize his presidency.

Each day, one step lower.

Jim
                          And yet, all 4 of them refused to answer when directly asked if they condemned the firebombing of the ICE facility by the Antifa thug. And according to Chuckles Schumer, silence is implicit approval.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            He's not a racist.

Although I like how you defend the free speech rights of those who say vile things about America, but not the free speech rights of Trump who criticizes those women for the vile things they say.
                            He is allowed to criticize their policies. Heck, he's allowed, legally, to make racist remarks. But then, so are we allowed to criticize him for making them.

But to the point, had he stayed with criticising their policicies instead of attacking their ethnicity, we would be having a very different conversation.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And yet, all 4 of them refused to answer when directly asked if they condemned the firebombing of the ICE facility by the Antifa thug. And according to Chuckles Schumer, silence is implicit approval.
                              Exactly. Maybe those of you on TWEB making hourly use of ad hominem as a substitute for argument cant quite see it, but by attacking them and their ethnicity, the real problem with these congressman is completely lost and whatever negative response might exist to those policies is even reversed.

In this case, Trumps attacks on these congresswomen has given them a pass on their bad policies by shifting focus away from their bad policies and onto Trump's racism.

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-17-2019, 08:26 AM.

Comment

But to the point, had he stayed with criticising their policicies instead of attacking their ethnicity...
                                He didn't attack their ethnicity.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment