Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    "Love it or leave it" does not make reference to countries of origin, though it still carries with it a bad historical stigma. "Go back where you came from" does, and historically as far back as the late 1700's is linked to anti-immigration sentiments.

It has never meant anything good
    What is wrong with anti-immigration sentiments?
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Speaking out is democratic, not hatred of America. "Love it or leave it" are the words of an authoritarian, not a supporter of democracy. We can take Trumps words as racist and authoritarian because he has a history.
      Well I'm not authoritarian and I used it against protesters back in the day. And what the "squat" is suggesting is hatred of America - concentration camps? We don't do concentration camps. America, right or wrong, yeah boy!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Speaking out is democratic, not hatred of America. "Love it or leave it" are the words of an authoritarian...
        So, like most soft headed liberals, it's only "democratic" if it agrees with your jackass viewpoint.

How bout an idiotic racist statement like....

"We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice, "We don’t need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice. If you’re worried about being marginalized and stereotyped, please don’t even show up because we need you to represent that voice."

Is that "democratic", or is it "authoritarian".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          So, like most soft headed liberals, it's only "democratic" if it agrees with your jackass viewpoint.

How bout an idiotic racist statement like....

"We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice, "We don’t need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice. If you’re worried about being marginalized and stereotyped, please don’t even show up because we need you to represent that voice."

Is that "democratic", or is it "authoritarian".
          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Don't you know? Only whiteys can be racist.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

As I said to MM, "go back where they came from" is racist (and anti-immigration) rhetoric that has been in common use from before the KKK was formed.

For Trump to use it and double down on it can really lead to no other conclusion.

Jim
            I say that about those liberal Hollywood Canadians all the time. I guess I am racist? All it means is if someone comes here and is doesn't like the way we do things here or doesn't like the country, then leave. It has nothing to do with their race, but their attitude.

Comment

• The honorable Dr. Ben Carson defends Trump, says the President is not racist.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mp-not-racist/

Trump got a nice 5-point boost after calling out "the squad" for their hateful, anti-American rhetoric.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...emocrat-squad/

Meanwhile, Omar says she has no regrets about making anti-Semitic comments.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...arks-i-do-not/
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                It has historically been used against foreigners regardless of their race. I know that as a liberal you don't have much of a vocabulary but racism isn't a blanket word you can use to describe everything you don't like.
                I think people assuming everyone of some foreign nation are all the same race is kinda racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                  "America, love it or leave it" is a generic statement applicable to the entire population.
                  "Go back where you came from" is a specific statement aimed at an individual or group that is deemed an "outsider."

This is an apples-to-oranges comparison.
                  How stupid can you be Carp? It is the same message: "If you don't like our county, then leave."

You can address either to a group, a population, or an individual of any nationality or race.

I will assume you disagree and are incensed by my rude language, calling you stupid, and that this means you will no longer talk to me and I can have the last word, so no need to respond -- this can be the last word.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                    Suuree....
                    He's right. I tried to explain it to you before too, but you didn't listen. Try google or a dictionary. It's about a group making themselves more important than others or their own party. Like Black Lives Matter, or the Transgender bathroom fiasco.

"politics in which groups of people having a particular racial, religious, ethnic, social, or cultural identity tend to promote their own specific interests or concerns without regard to the interests or concerns of any larger political group"
                    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...ity%20politics

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      What is wrong with anti-immigration sentiments?
                      The United States is built on immigration. All of us except native Americans are descendants of immigrants, so are three of the four Congressman attacked by Trump are born in the USA.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Thst cartoon is moronic. To criticize something you see wrong with our country is not anti-american, it is the exact opposite. It is THE reason we have the right to free speech. We are explicitly allowed the right to say whatever we like about our government. In fact, not only is Trump racist, he is creating an atmosphere in his attacks on the press and his attacks on these congressmen where he is trying to invoke hostility against institutions and people that use their fee speech right to call for change or to criticize his presidency.

Each day, one step lower.

Jim
                        Wait, so it is free speech and good for them to criticize America and the President, but it is racist if he criticized them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          He's not a racist.

Although I like how you defend the free speech rights of those who say vile things about America, but not the free speech rights of Trump who criticizes those women for the vile things they say.
                          I fully defend Donald Trumps right to defend his racist views and statements through the whole history of his adult life. Donald Trump can change his $10,000 dollar suit every day, but the web feet and Quack! Quack! remain.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-17-2019, 01:31 PM.
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Exactly. Maybe those of you on TWEB making hourly use of ad hominem as a substitute for argument cant quite see it, but by attacking them and their ethnicity, the real problem with these congressman is completely lost and whatever negative response might exist to those policies is even reversed.

In this case, Trumps attacks on these congresswomen has given them a pass on their bad policies by shifting focus away from their bad policies and onto Trump's racism.

Jim
                            He never mentioned their ethnicity. He made a non-racist comment and because they are non-white, the spin is that he attacked them for their race/ethicity. If anything he was being nationalist, not racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Wait, so it is free speech and good for them to criticize America and the President, but it is racist if he criticized them?
                              No, it is not a matter of criticism of others, It is a matter of racist statements. Yes Trump has the freedom of speech to express his racist views, which has for is whole adult life.

There definitely constructive ways to criticize, but not with racist statements.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                The United States is built on immigration. All of us except native Americans are descendants of immigrants, so are three of the four Congressman attacked by Trump are born in the USA.
                                Actually the Native Americans are also immigrants. It's just that their ancestors immigrated a lot earlier.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment