Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    He is duly elected and not legit.
    I needed a chuckle.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      You do understand what a parody is, don't you shuny?
      You posted it, yes it was parody, but apparently you took it seriously when you posted. What other ridiculous reason would you have as a devoted groupie of Trump?
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-19-2019, 02:37 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        He is duly elected and not legit.
        What makes a President not legit or legit?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
          He tweaks the liberals' noses.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            It's not a matter of belief. It's simply the definition of the term.

Jim
            Well, no.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No the performance, honesty, honor and integrity makes the President legit. Nixon was dully elected, but not legit.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I am not saying Trump is Hitler. I'm saying that as each of you compromises what you profess to believe in in order to support Trump (for whatever reason you believe yourselves justified in doing so) we are watching the same mechanism that allowed Hitler to gain power. What is preventing a Hitler from rising on your grievances in these circumstances is our system of checks and balances, perhaps Trump not having the same goals or nature of Hitler. But as far as what it would take to stop a Hitler in terms of the population refusing to go along with immoral activity or abusive or racist behavior even if they are promised some short term gain, you all are behaving exactly as would be required. You simply will not stand against Trump when he does bad things for fear you will give the Dems or MSM some ground. He knows that because of that, he can do almost anything and he will not lose you. You prove it day after day. Your hatred of the Dems and the MSM are allowing him to be whatever he wants to be, to take this country wherever he wants to take it, no matter how low he goes, you are all right there with him.

I just hope that there is a limit to how far you will follow him.

Jim
                ^
                See Above

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                Do you realize how many posts you have devoted to how horrible i am teal?

But it's not just you. It seems to be the TWEB civics pass-time these days.

Jim
                Do you have any idea how many posts you've made in this thread alone telling us how horrible we are? If you don't like it being done to you, STOP DOING IT TO OTHERS.

People of good conscience can disagree about important matters. Show me where I'm wrong and I'll consider it. Tell me I'm immoral for merely disagreeing with you and I'm not going to bother.

This is not rocket science. We get you hate Trump - but that does NOT morally obligate anyone else to regard the President the same way you do.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The courts were the main reason I supported Trump, and he has not let me down - two conservative Supremes, and a ton of conservatives on the lower courts...
                  Yes, biased far right conservative Judges loyal to Trump, not the Constitution, is what you want, and is what you are getting. But be careful what you wish for. Trump is appointing loyalist sycophants, like Atty Gen Barr in the top positions throughout government and literally destroying democratic institutions along the way. That's the road to a dictatorship which is exactly Trumps planned goal. You might like scoring points, but if he pulls it off, wins his game, you ain't gonna like it so much anymore. Open your eyes, don't be a dupe!

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    ^
                    See Above

Do you have any idea how many posts you've made in this thread alone telling us how horrible we are? If you don't like it being done to you, STOP DOING IT TO OTHERS.

People of good conscience can disagree about important matters. Show me where I'm wrong and I'll consider it. Tell me I'm immoral for merely disagreeing with you and I'm not going to bother.

This is not rocket science. We get you hate Trump - but that does NOT morally obligate anyone else to regard the President the same way you do.
                    Id suggest you go back and reread my posts teal. You do not know what you are talking about.

As for showing you where you are wrong, given that pointing out things Trump did were wrong has resulted in oage after page of fury, i wouldnt dare actually accuse YOU of doing sonething wrong.

BTW, can you even point to something specific I said to YOU about YOU doing something wrong?

Youve pontificated a good bit here using broad generalities. Care to be specific?

Jim
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-19-2019, 04:26 PM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      George Washington University students were told that the following statement from Obama was made by Trump:

"We are a nation of laws. Undocumented workers broke our immigration laws, and I believe that they must be held accountable, especially those who may be dangerous. ThatÂ’s why over the past six years deportations of criminals are up 80 percent, and thatÂ’s why weÂ’re going to keep focusing on threats to our security."

They declared it racist because Trump.
                      Yeah, except immigration policy alone is not why Trump is seen by many as a racist. You're citing of cherry picked links is simply doing what is called "confirmation bias". Trump has a history of racism. He refused to rent his properties to black people, he took out a full page ad advocating for the death penalty of 5 black kids who turned out to be innocent of the crime, never apologised, led the birtherism campaign against Obama, demeaned a Judge because of his mexican heritage, refused to condemn David Duke, the white supremecists in Charletsville, banned all Muslims from coming here, and of course he labels the immigrants coming here as the bad ones, "they send us their criminals, their felons and drug dealers etc etc. His actual immigration policy on the southern border isn't necessarily racist in and of itself, it's just inhumane.

But the current racism charge is about his history, and his attack on the 4 Congresswomen of color, not his immigration policy. Love it or leave it to Trump means 'don't question or criticize my policy because if you don't like it then just shut up and get out. You don't belong here anyway. Classic dictatorial mindset. It's actually Trump who doesn't love this country, or democracy in general, and he is going to do whatever he can to destroy it. He's gone a long way thus far in doing just that, and you are aiding and abetting him in the attempt.

Comment

IAs for showing you where you are wrong, given that pointing out things Trump did were wrong has resulted in oage after page of fury...
                        Say what now?

I'd say mild disagreement at worst... unless "page after page of fury" is referring to your own contributions to the thread (and Tass, Jimmy, and shiny).

Seriously, Jim, your paranoid delusions are not reality.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          ...the 4 Congresswomen of color...
                          Why are liberals so fixated on race?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL
                            That's the road to a dictatorship which is exactly Trumps planned goal.
                            Except that there are term limits. Trump is just another parenthesis in American history. Eventually that parenthesis closes. That'll be by next election, or more like five years from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              Except that there are term limits. Trump is just another parenthesis in American history. Eventually that parenthesis closes. That'll be by next election, or more like five years from now.
                              I rather think Trump's presidency is going to remembered as a giant exclamation mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                I rather think Trump's presidency is going to remembered as a giant exclamation mark.
                                He's not gone to a major war in his presidency. I'll count that as a big plus.

And hey even Nixon's presidency doesn't look as bad now that a generation of historians can look back on it dispassionately.

Comment