Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Pressely is speaking there in support of diverse groups, she's standing up for brown people, for black people, for muslim people, for lgbtq people. It's ridiculous to read that as being a racist remark, or to think she is racist. That's just CP dumb!
    You can call CP whatever you want but to call him dumb is just ignorant.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      You can call CP whatever you want but to call him dumb is just ignorant.
      Well maybe not, but if that's the way he wants to play........

Comment

But now that society at large seems to be picking up on that, it seems to open the door for people to intentionally push the envelope further, no?
        Er, clarify for me so I'm getting this straight - which envelope? I am not clear.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Er, clarify for me so I'm getting this straight - which envelope? I am not clear.
          Toward exhibiting behavior that might get classified as racist.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I held my nose while voting for the man - but he was better than the alternative. Over time, he's been a darn site better than I thought he'd be.
            In the primaries, my favorites were Carly "Look at that Face" Fiorina and "Lyin' Ted" Cruz. I was as venomously anti-Trump as anyone could be. I thought his treatment of many of the other candidates, and his personality in general, were, well, "deplorable." When he was the Last Man Standing, I was left with the choice of voting for him or throwing away my vote, because I would never vote for a creature like Hil. I still remember wrestling internally and praying in line and all the way to the voting booth. One thing that "showed me the light" was the realization that all the "right people" -- the Swamp Rats and the Lamestream Media -- were crapping planet-sized bricks at the idea Bad Orange Man might actually win. I cast my vote and have had zero regrets.

But the reason I will vote for him again in 2020 is that he has done a decent job with his Court appointments - and I DO NOT want a Democrat, no matter how moderate making any of the probable upcoming appointments. ROE NEEDS TO DIE.
            I've heard of a few clunkers downstream from SCOTUS, but yeah, his appointments have been good.

There's a lot about Ginsberg that I do respect
            She does a decent job of imitating a live human.

- but I want her replaced by a conservative. There are two more possibilities - want conservatives - and Trump has thus far delivered.
            If Ginzy does finally exit with Trump as POTUS, the approval process for her replacement will make the Kavanaugh fiasco look like a kids' tea party.

I used to think one issue voting was a bad thing - and I still have issues with it - but 46 years of killing babies is 46 years too many. Most of the crap law now comes from the Court, not Congress - and it's PAST time the Court cleaned up the mess it has made.
            I've been a single-issue voter for over 35 years. I never vote for a candidate who does not at least pretend to be Pro-Life. I'm annoyed that I have to settle for the "rape and incest" exceptions.

Honestly, I suspect it's the Court, more than Congress, that has driven me from the Democratic Party - I left before they were quite this nuts.
            Someone really needs to do something to yank some power back from the courts.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              One of the squad, Jimmy.

Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) speaks at Netroots Nation conference on Saturday: "I don't want to bring a chair to an old table. This is the time to shake the table. This is the time to redefine that table. Because if you're going to come to this table, all of you who have aspirations of running for office. If you’re not prepared to come to that table and represent that voice, don’t come, because we don't need any more brown faces that don't want to be a brown voice. We don’t need black faces that don't want to be a black voice. We don't need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don't want to be a queer voice. If you’re worried about being marginalized and stereotyped, please don't even show up because we need you to represent that voice."

This sounds racist but with some odd twists which are hard to discern. If you are brown you have to speak in a certain way or you don't have a brown voice. That is sort of a forced stereotype that people are being told they have to hold on to.

These words also seem to say that if you don't have a gripe, then stay away. Why would a representative only want people with gripes? Is everyone required to have a complaint that only she can fix?

The worst things about the Democrats is:
              1. Promising for 50 years to fix poverty but no fix has happened
              2. Calling every person feeling disenchanted in the world to vote for Democrats while never accomplishing anything.
              3. Promoting identity politics so as to divide the nation.

In the Shrek the Third movie, Charming shows himself as a Democrat by enticing people to be on his side by appealing to their horrible state of living. This is a theatrical representation of identity politics. Maybe Charming's failure should be an example to all those who try to gain power through the same process.
              Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-17-2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                I've been a single-issue voter for over 35 years. I never vote for a candidate who does not at least pretend to be Pro-Life. I'm annoyed that I have to settle for the "rape and incest" exceptions.
                I don't understand the optimistic thinking that after so many decades of people doing this, this will suddenly bear fruit.

I'm probably going to vote third party if I even vote at all next time around.

Comment

I have the distinct impression, just from today's postings alone, that those on the left have a blind spot for racism from their own side, and vice versa. It's rather sad.
                  I agree -- it's like liberals are so self-virtuos or something that they can't POSSIBLY be racist --- that's only the "other guys" who can be racist.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Well maybe not, but if that's the way he wants to play........
                    Unfortunately, you're not playing. With you, it's the genuine article.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Given that the definition of racism you guys seem to want to use is 'any assumption, no matter how benign, regarding a person's race, no matter how obliquely' then yes, it's racist by that definition.
                      Trump has a history, Tea. Even the deplorable base know his intent. "that's the kind of white nationalism we elected him for." (Andrew Anglin-founder of the Daily Stormer) Do you really think Trump would have said that about 4 white congressmen for challenging his policies. Of course he wouldn't, and I doubt you'd be defending him for it if he did.

Using the conservative version 'prejudice and negative bias directed at people of a given race', no it's not racist.
                      Since when did that become the conservative version? But at any rate you are correct, what Ayanna Pressley said doesn't fit that definition in the least, but when Trump tells 4 women of color to go back to where they came from, it does.
                      Thing is, you only get to use one definition.
                      True, and so Trump is a racist, or is at least using racism as a political weapon.
                      Last edited by JimL; 07-17-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Toward exhibiting behavior that might get classified as racist.
                        No, I don't agree - there's nothing inherent to overusing a phrase that would make other people want to personify that phrase.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I have the distinct impression, just from today's postings alone, that those on the left have a blind spot for racism from their own side, and vice versa. It's rather sad.
                          Eh. I freely acknowledge that there are racists on the far right, and that they seek to use Trump's words, when they can, to legitimize their racism. Using that to paint Trump as racist is just asinine. I don't much like Trump. I don't like the way he acts. I wish the left would quit hurling patently absurd accusations so I don't have to defend him.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Yup. Always been in evidence...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38379[/ATTACH]
                            Trump, along with Rosa Parks and Muhammad Ali receiving
                            the Ellis Island Medal of Honor, which is given by the
                            National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations in celebration
                            of "patriotism, tolerance, brotherhood and diversity"

Over the years Trump has also been awarded a Humanitarian Award by the National Jewish Health, Tree of Life Award by the Jewish National Fund, and the Algemeiner Liberty Award for contributions to Israel–United States relations.

What were you saying again?
                            Nice publicity show . . . the mob and organized crime use the same strategy with photo ops. . . but based on the reality evidence, yes he is a racist.

Source: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

I. “You Don’t Want to Live With Them Either”

The Justice Department’s 1973 lawsuit against Trump Management Company focused on 39 properties in New York City. The government alleged that employees were directed to tell African American lease applicants that there were no open apartments. Company policy, according to an employee quoted in court documents, was to rent only to “Jews and executives.”

The Justice Department frequently used consent decrees to settle discrimination cases, offering redress to plaintiffs while allowing defendants to avoid an admission of guilt. The rationale: Consent decrees achieved speedier results with less public rancor.

Nathaniel Jones was the general counsel for the NAACP. He later became a federal judge. John Yinger, an economist specializing in residential discrimination, served at the time as an expert witness in a number of fair-housing cases. Elyse Goldweber, a Justice Department lawyer, brought the first federal suit against Trump Management.

NATHANIEL JONES: The 1968 Fair Housing Act gave us leverage to go after major developers and landlords. The situation in New York was terrible.

JOHN YINGER: Community groups like the Urban League started doing audits and tests to show discrimination. In 1973, the Urban League found a lot of discrimination in some of the properties that Trump Management owned.

ELYSE GOLDWEBER: I went to a place called Operation Open City. What they had done was send “testers”—meaning one white couple and one couple of color—to Trump Village, a very large, lower-middle-class housing project in Brooklyn. And of course the white people were treated great, and for the people of color there were no apartments. We subpoenaed all their documents. That’s how we found that a person’s application, if you were a person of color, had a big C on it.

The Department of Justice brings the case and we name Fred Trump, the father, and Donald Trump, the son, and Donald hires Roy Cohn, of Army-McCarthy fame. [Cohn, a Trump mentor, had served as Senator Joe McCarthy’s chief counsel during his investigations of alleged Communists in the government and was accused of pressuring the Army to give preferential treatment to a personal friend.] Cohn turns around and sues us for $100 million. This was my first appearance as a lawyer in court. Cohn spoke for two hours, then the judge ruled from the bench that you can’t sue the government for prosecuting you. The next week we took the depositions. My boss took Fred’s, and I got to take Donald’s. He was exactly the way he is today. He said to me at one point during a coffee break, “You know, you don’t want to live with them either.”

Everyone in the world has looked for that deposition. We cannot find it. Trump always acted like he was irritated to be there. He denied everything, and we went on with our case. We had the records with the C, and we had the testers, and you could see that everything was lily-white over there. Ultimately they settled—they signed a consent decree. They had to post all their apartments with the Urban League, advertise in the Amsterdam News, many other things. It was pretty strong.

© Copyright Original Source

Read the full article it is loaded with testimony concerning Trump's racism
                            more to follow . . .
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-17-2019, 07:48 PM.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              Nice publicity show . . . the mob and organized crime use the same strategy with photo ops. . . but based on the reality evidence, yes he is a racist.

Source: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

I. “You Don’t Want to Live With Them Either”

The Justice Department’s 1973 lawsuit against Trump Management Company focused on 39 properties in New York City. The government alleged that employees were directed to tell African American lease applicants that there were no open apartments. Company policy, according to an employee quoted in court documents, was to rent only to “Jews and executives.”

The Justice Department frequently used consent decrees to settle discrimination cases, offering redress to plaintiffs while allowing defendants to avoid an admission of guilt. The rationale: Consent decrees achieved speedier results with less public rancor.

Nathaniel Jones was the general counsel for the NAACP. He later became a federal judge. John Yinger, an economist specializing in residential discrimination, served at the time as an expert witness in a number of fair-housing cases. Elyse Goldweber, a Justice Department lawyer, brought the first federal suit against Trump Management.

NATHANIEL JONES: The 1968 Fair Housing Act gave us leverage to go after major developers and landlords. The situation in New York was terrible.

JOHN YINGER: Community groups like the Urban League started doing audits and tests to show discrimination. In 1973, the Urban League found a lot of discrimination in some of the properties that Trump Management owned.

ELYSE GOLDWEBER: I went to a place called Operation Open City. What they had done was send “testers”—meaning one white couple and one couple of color—to Trump Village, a very large, lower-middle-class housing project in Brooklyn. And of course the white people were treated great, and for the people of color there were no apartments. We subpoenaed all their documents. That’s how we found that a person’s application, if you were a person of color, had a big C on it.

The Department of Justice brings the case and we name Fred Trump, the father, and Donald Trump, the son, and Donald hires Roy Cohn, of Army-McCarthy fame. [Cohn, a Trump mentor, had served as Senator Joe McCarthy’s chief counsel during his investigations of alleged Communists in the government and was accused of pressuring the Army to give preferential treatment to a personal friend.] Cohn turns around and sues us for $100 million. This was my first appearance as a lawyer in court. Cohn spoke for two hours, then the judge ruled from the bench that you can’t sue the government for prosecuting you. The next week we took the depositions. My boss took Fred’s, and I got to take Donald’s. He was exactly the way he is today. He said to me at one point during a coffee break, “You know, you don’t want to live with them either.”

Everyone in the world has looked for that deposition. We cannot find it. Trump always acted like he was irritated to be there. He denied everything, and we went on with our case. We had the records with the C, and we had the testers, and you could see that everything was lily-white over there. Ultimately they settled—they signed a consent decree. They had to post all their apartments with the Urban League, advertise in the Amsterdam News, many other things. It was pretty strong.

© Copyright Original Source

Read the full article it is loaded with testimony concerning Trump's racism
                              more to follow . . .

Try something a LOT more recent - 1973? Seriously?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I agree -- it's like liberals are so self-virtuos or something that they can't POSSIBLY be racist --- that's only the "other guys" who can be racist.
                                Many liberals are, of course, racist, but Trump's history is extremely racist as cited, and the references will continue.
                                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment