Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Hey Jim, there wasn't any actual evidence that they actually contacted the North Vietnamese, it was all innuendo - if you think otherwise post the quotes.
    Like I said, you obviously didn't read the article. There are hand written notes from H.R. Haldeman, notes which were taken during a phone call to Nixon, FBI tapes of intercepted calls between Nixon aide Anna Chenault and the S. Vietnamese ambassador. Both the notes and the taped phone calls indicated that Nixon new and was directing his aides in the secret endeavor. He also tried to get a Chinese businessman involved and had his VP running mate, Spiro Agnew attempt to get Taiwanese president Chiang Kai Shek involved.

This info was declassified in 2007.

You didn't read it, did you? Nixon was not only a crook, he was a treasonous crook, and would have sacrificed the lives of as many soldiers as it took if it helped him win the election. Bet you still like him though, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
      Stop your pity party. I don't hate you, and I doubt anyone else here does.

Instead of taking on board what people are saying about how you express your views, you're deflecting it as an attack on you. That allows you to feel justified in your own eyes, and ignore the substantive points being made. You are the one who expresses your disdain and moral superiority to others in almost every post you make in Civics. Teal documented it, I pointed it out to you in the thread from last month, numerous others have pointed it out.

You see yourself as calling others to consider their moral position, but everyone else sees what you post as a general attack on them for 'supporting evil'.

Own what you post, bro. Despite your good intentions the effect is to make others feel insulted and morally judged.

I will evaluate what Trump (or anyone else) says or does on the basis of fair and objective analysis of the actual facts. That is my duty as a follower of Jesus.

I won't rush to judgment, or judge uncharitably, or allow myself to be pressured into a judgment by attempts to coerce me, or manipulate me by suggesting that I must agree if I am a truly moral Christian. That is my duty as a follower of Jesus.
      Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred. And you have all joined the ranks of cyber bullies around the world. I said I think you are each doing something wrong. And in response you had to attack. As a mob, as a group you have torn into me for page after page.

This is the dynamic that produces suicides. Do you realize that? It is pure evil.

I always wonder why kids that get sucked ihto this sort of thing dont just leave. But these people are supposed to be friends. But im intelligent enough to kbow i must leave this toxic, hate filled place.

Good bye. I hope you can live with the path you have chosen. But Im done here.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred. And you have all joined the ranks of cyber bullies around the world. I said I think you are each doing something wrong. And in response you had to attack. As a mob, as a group you have torn into me for page after page.

This is the dynamic that produces suicides. Do you realize that? It is pure evil.

I always wonder why kids that get sucked ihto this sort of thing dont just leave. But these people are supposed to be friends. But im intelligent enough to kbow i must leave this toxic, hate filled place.

Jim
        Stick around Jim, you are one of the few people of integrity among the theists here. They only gang-up because of their own insecurities and doubts about their own position. It's called 'group-think' in psychology.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          But, but, but.... that doesn't support the extreme-lefty conspiracy theory nuttery! Trump is going to declare himself King...
          Yeah! I mean, we know he's "legit." He'll surely be "too legit to quit!"
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Stick around Jim, you are one of the few people of integrity among the theists here. They only gang-up because of their own insecurities and doubts about their own position. It's called 'group-think' in psychology.
            Jim, you write some very good posts with some very strong points and you have an integrity that is not often seen these places. I think it is quite obvious from the reactions you are getting (unfair as some of them are) that you are challenging their way of thinking.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              You need to give up the persecution complex, because it is seriously affecting your judgement and ability to rationally interact with others.
              Ad hominem
              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I might also recommend that you approach these discussions with a new paradigm:

1) President Trump is not the devil.
              2) Christians can, in good conscience, support the President without compromising our core values.

1) This is clearly a straw man.
              2) Mere assertion does not help your case. Ox has taken part in many discusssions in which he has given his reasons why you cannot support Trump in certain cases. What you present here is a hand wave of all that. Indeed, it should be obvious to any Christian, that you cannot support any person in everything they do. For Ox to point out where thinks that line should be drawn has got nothing at all to do with identifying Trump with the devil.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Like I said, you obviously didn't read the article. There are hand written notes from H.R. Haldeman, notes which were taken during a phone call to Nixon, FBI tapes of intercepted calls between Nixon aide Anna Chenault and the S. Vietnamese ambassador. Both the notes and the taped phone calls indicated that Nixon new and was directing his aides in the secret endeavor. He also tried to get a Chinese businessman involved and had his VP running mate, Spiro Agnew attempt to get Taiwanese president Chiang Kai Shek involved.

This info was declassified in 2007.

You didn't read it, did you? Nixon was not only a crook, he was a treasonous crook, and would have sacrificed the lives of as many soldiers as it took if it helped him win the election. Bet you still like him though, right?
                What exactly was said Jim, be specific. And phone calls "indicated" - where is Nixon actually saying anything? But you said that Nixon actually got more Marines killed - that is false, your own article said there was no serious peace plan in the first place.
                Last edited by seer; 07-21-2019, 07:04 AM.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  But, but, but.... that doesn't support the extreme-lefty conspiracy theory nuttery! Trump is going to declare himself King...
                  Posts have gone far beyond the topic.

Based on Trump's history and his own personal testimony Trump is a racist.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                    Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                    Jim, you write some very good posts with some very strong points and you have an integrity that is not often seen these places. I think it is quite obvious from the reactions you are getting (unfair as some of them are) that you are challenging their way of thinking.
                    Yes, Jim, don't go, the anti-Christian bigots love you!

(If that's not a wake-up call, then I'm not sure what is.)
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

There you go Jim, high praise from about the most anti-Christian bigot on this site. Well done brother...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                        What exactly was said Jim, be specific. And phone calls "indicated" - where is Nixon actually saying anything? But you said that Nixon actually got more Marines killed - that is false, your own article said there was no serious peace plan in the first place.
                        Wow! The republican brain in action. Denial, denial, denial. Maybe if you read the article 5 or 6 more times it might sink in, seer.

Comment

Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred.
                          AH

(1) No, we're not. (2) You're accusing fellow Christians of hating a brother (you) - saying that we're not walking in light, but walking in darkness (1 John 2 V 11). That's a serious accusation.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                          And you have all joined the ranks of cyber bullies around the world. I said I think you are each doing something wrong. And in response you had to attack. As a mob, as a group you have torn into me for page after page.
                          You've produced thread after thread calling everyone who doesn't immediately jump to agreement - with your interpretation of whatever the latest thing Trump is accused of saying or doing is - of supporting evil, being deluded, willfully blind and so on.

When people question your interpretation, or dig into what the facts actually are, you respond with personal attacks. I engaged you in detail on two specific things you said Trump said in a recent interview (Your 'And you still support him?' thread). Neither was something he actually said, but a selective interpretation of his words, ignoring the context. You responded by calling me 'naive' - that's an attack on my intellectual ability, not an argument about the facts of the matter we were discussing.

In this thread you have made numerous and repeated general attacks on the morality of people who merely disagree with you. When called out on that you resort to complaining about people attacking you. Rubbish. People are 'attacking' what you post, the words you use to express your opinions. People are responding to your repeated attacks on them - nearly every post you make on Civics contains the implication that anyone who doesn't agree with you without hesitation is morally at fault, in some way not really following Jesus. You have created the dynamic where there are only two choices - agree with you without reservation; or accept that you are not a 'real' Christian. You could simply post your thoughts and your reasons for them, and discuss with others their thoughts and their reasons for them. But you don't. You disrespect other's intellectual and moral integrity, because you paint them as 'evil' unless they roll over and agree with your opinions.

And now you cry about people pushing back on the dynamic you created. Stop being a crybully.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd

Jim

I'm not fooled. You're leaving because you can't accept that your behaviour is wrong. Instead of facing honestly the fact that a lot of people - your Christian brothers and sisters - have the same issue with your posting style, you're running away. I fully expect that you will meet with the same issue - your choice of words alienating people to the point where they won't discuss things with you - again and again, until you deal with it. You're dooming yourself to nothing but superficial relationships with everyone except those who want your approval more than they want to form their own opinions. I don't hate you, Jim. I feel sorry for you.
                          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                            Posts have gone far beyond the topic.
                            I'm shocked. STUNNED, even.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred.
                              No, sir. I know I'm not, and it's unkind of you to paint with such a broad judgmental brush.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Stick around Jim, you are one of the few people of integrity among the theists here.
                                That's kind of cruel to Jim, Tassy. Why say that? Why kick the guy when he's down?

Originally posted by Tassman
                                They only gang-up because of their own insecurities and doubts about their own position. It's called 'group-think' in psychology.
                                ... and that's called 'armchair psychology' by real psychologists - you know - the ones who actually help real people with real problems - the ones who don't give bigots like you the time of day.
                                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment