Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    No, sir. I know I'm not, and it's unkind of you to paint with such a broad judgmental brush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Stick around Jim, you are one of the few people of integrity among the theists here.
      Tassy, if you ever praise me like that, I am running straight to an exorcist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Yes, Jim, don't go, the anti-Christian bigots love you!

(If that's not a wake-up call, then I'm not sure what is.)
        I think you are confusing Christianity with being a white, Evangelical Trump supporter. As an agnostic I am not anti-Christian and read and listen to many Christian thinkers and have found some of Jim's posts challenging, inspiring and thought provoking. And, no, I certainly did not always agree with him. It worked fine and if you think otherwise perhaps you might want to consider who the bigot is.

Read your own post once again and consider who showed the greatest strength of character.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred. And you have all joined the ranks of cyber bullies around the world. I said I think you are each doing something wrong. And in response you had to attack. As a mob, as a group you have torn into me for page after page.
          You're the one showing contempt and disdain in every post, you're the one engaged in bullying tactics , you're the one who instigated attacks on everyone you disagree with.

This is the dynamic that produces suicides. Do you realize that? It is pure evil.
          Yes, I know full well what bullying can do, so you need to stop engaging in it. I am literally disabled due to the actions of bullies, which is why I'm not putting up with yours. It's also how I know real bullying from attempts at emotional manipulation like you are doing here. So stop making real victims of real bullying look bad. You are facing deserved push back after you started attacking others.

I always wonder why kids that get sucked ihto this sort of thing dont just leave. But these people are supposed to be friends. But im intelligent enough to kbow i must leave this toxic, hate filled place.

Good bye. I hope you can live with the path you have chosen. But Im done here.

Jim
          Apparently you are not intelligent enough to know real bullying when you see it. Most people here actually do care about you, but you are so caught up in your own hate filled heart that you can't see it.

The only one posting things that are "completeky"(sic) full of hatred here is you. The people saying you need to take a good look in the mirror are not acting out of hatred now matter how much you project that on them.

*Yes, this post is harsh, but I see it less harsh than what you deserve after the things you've said.
          Last edited by Cerebrum123; 07-21-2019, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Jim has been a personal friend, Jimmy, and I hate that this has gone the way it has gone. The fact that that you see something funny in this shows what a total ignorant ass you are.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
              AH

(1) No, we're not. (2) You're accusing fellow Christians of hating a brother (you) - saying that we're not walking in light, but walking in darkness (1 John 2 V 11). That's a serious accusation.

You've produced thread after thread calling everyone who doesn't immediately jump to agreement - with your interpretation of whatever the latest thing Trump is accused of saying or doing is - of supporting evil, being deluded, willfully blind and so on.

When people question your interpretation, or dig into what the facts actually are, you respond with personal attacks. I engaged you in detail on two specific things you said Trump said in a recent interview (Your 'And you still support him?' thread). Neither was something he actually said, but a selective interpretation of his words, ignoring the context. You responded by calling me 'naive' - that's an attack on my intellectual ability, not an argument about the facts of the matter we were discussing.

In this thread you have made numerous and repeated general attacks on the morality of people who merely disagree with you. When called out on that you resort to complaining about people attacking you. Rubbish. People are 'attacking' what you post, the words you use to express your opinions. People are responding to your repeated attacks on them - nearly every post you make on Civics contains the implication that anyone who doesn't agree with you without hesitation is morally at fault, in some way not really following Jesus. You have created the dynamic where there are only two choices - agree with you without reservation; or accept that you are not a 'real' Christian. You could simply post your thoughts and your reasons for them, and discuss with others their thoughts and their reasons for them. But you don't. You disrespect other's intellectual and moral integrity, because you paint them as 'evil' unless they roll over and agree with your opinions.

And now you cry about people pushing back on the dynamic you created. Stop being a crybully.

I'm not fooled. You're leaving because you can't accept that your behaviour is wrong. Instead of facing honestly the fact that a lot of people - your Christian brothers and sisters - have the same issue with your posting style, you're running away. I fully expect that you will meet with the same issue - your choice of words alienating people to the point where they won't discuss things with you - again and again, until you deal with it. You're dooming yourself to nothing but superficial relationships with everyone except those who want your approval more than they want to form their own opinions. I don't hate you, Jim. I feel sorry for you.
              I wouldn't blame anyone for being a bit reluctant to accept this as a reply that is filled with love and compassion.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                I wouldn't blame anyone for being a bit reluctant to accept this as a reply that is filled with love and compassion.
                Love often requires us to speak the truth, and not every act we commit requires compassion. Sometimes the truth actually hurts.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Love often requires us to speak the truth, and not every act we commit requires compassion. Sometimes the truth actually hurts.
                  While I agree with that statement I don't think it applies completely to the situation.

There are quite many statements in MaxVel's text that presupposes bad intentions on Jim's side, paints with a very broad brush and so on. And even though the truth hurts (and I don't think we are getting the truth in what was written) there is absolutely nothing wrong in showing all the love you can while pointing out that you disagree with others or that they did something wrong.

Comment

While I agree with that statement I don't think it applies completely to the situation.
                    Perhaps not completely, because there are other elements involved here.

There are quite many statements in MaxVel's text that presupposes bad intentions on Jim's side, paints with a very broad brush and so on. And even though the truth hurts (and I don't think we are getting the truth in what was written) there is absolutely nothing wrong in showing all the love you can while pointing out that you disagree with others or that they did something wrong.
                    Personally, I don't think Jim has any bad intentions - I believe he's a really good guy making some really bad assumptions.

Comment

Perhaps not completely, because there are other elements involved here.

Personally, I don't think Jim has any bad intentions - I believe he's a really good guy making some really bad assumptions.
                      And I guess the "really good guy" thing is what was lost.

Comment

I disagree on part of this - I think speaking the truth IS compassionate. Humans are liars out of the starting gate (only idiots believe little kids can't or won't lie) and the person we lie to the most is usually ourselves. You can't fix something you don't know is broken and/or know how it's broke. The first step to the Cross is realizing we need a Savior - a step we never take when we convince ourselves we're not so bad.

Compassion doesn't keep putting band-aids over an infected wound; Compassion rips off the icky bandage and let's us see the wound so we can treat it.
                        Last edited by Teallaura; 07-21-2019, 10:40 AM.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                          I think you are confusing Christianity with being a white, Evangelical Trump supporter.
                          Nope. But I'm not surprised that an anti-Christian bigot like you would think that.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And I guess the "really good guy" thing is what was lost.
                            No, that's in the part where Max bothers to try.

Look, you're not a brother - so heck yeah, it's annoying when you do crap like that (which is rare for you - you mostly throw things from the peanut gallery ) but that's all it is - annoying. However, it's different with Jim. He IS a brother - one who's making a very serious, very dangerous mistake.

And yeah, I see the irony that he thinks the same thing about us (sorta). But the facts don't support his view. They do support ours.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Oh, you all are just completeky full of hatred. And you have all joined the ranks of cyber bullies around the world. I said I think you are each doing something wrong. And in response you had to attack. As a mob, as a group you have torn into me for page after page.
                              No one hates you - you'd just be on ignore if that were true.

Your very first post in this thread attacked every Christian who supports Trump to any degree whatsoever. It went downhill from there.

YOU are not innocent.

This is the dynamic that produces suicides. Do you realize that? It is pure evil.
                              And for the second time, I really wanna kick you in the backside. I was suicidal at the age of EIGHT. That's NOT a typo - Eight years old, being bullied so traumatically that I literally wanted to die.

Bullying like the kind you do is all you've gotten in return. If you are that psychologically traumatized, pm and I'll help you find a real counselor. Because there has got to be something already wrong for merely being told 'quit picking on us' to drive you to that extent.

I always wonder why kids that get sucked ihto this sort of thing dont just leave. But these people are supposed to be friends. But im intelligent enough to kbow i must leave this toxic, hate filled place.
                              You do need a break, I can certainly see that - but you are not innocent, nor are you being put upon. You most certainly aren't a martyr. YOU are the one who attacked people, right from the start. "Turn the other cheek' is not an open invitation to hit people.

Good bye. I hope you can live with the path you have chosen. But Im done here.

Jim
                              Later. I hope you get the help you need. Start with Jesus.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Nope. But I'm not surprised that an anti-Christian bigot like you would think that.
                                Well, if you have to rely on a false idea about who I am it says a lot about the strength of your position.

Comment