Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Trump is not being criticised for criticizing their policies, he is being criticized for a hitorically racist/anti-immigration reference aimed at them.

Attacking the person in politics is sometimes easier than showing what is wrong with their policies, but if you take that over the top as Trump has done here, it accomplishes the reverse. It cause people that would otherwise reject their position to rally behind them. And it causes all but your most loyal to walk away.

Jim
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      So, the morons in the "squad" are all for condemning mean words, yet not for condemning actual attempted murder. Got it.
      That might be the case, but thanks to the moron in the white house, that case is now 10 times harder to make.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That might be the case, but thanks to the moron in the white house, that case is now 10 times harder to make.

Jim
        No it isn't. Mean words are not in the same league as attempted murder and destruction of property. That you think so is pretty telling of your lack of objectivity.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No it isn't. Mean words are not in the same league as attempted murder and destruction of property. <AH>
          try not to keep reaching for excuses for Trump to the point you wander into fantasy. You are dangerously close here, if not over the line.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

try not to keep reaching for excuses for Trump to the point you wander into fantasy. You are dangerously close here, if not over the line.

Jim
            Not making excuses. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the "squad" and their idiotic vote this morning in Congress to condemn Trump's tweet and their prior silence when asked about the firebomb attack. It's pathetic.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

So, the morons in the "squad" are all for condemning mean words, yet not for condemning actual attempted murder. Got it.
              In a democracy we don't tell people we don't agree with to leave the country. Trump is an authoritarian, not a believer in democracy, and whether or not he is a racist, he is definitely using racism to divide the country.

Comment

Not making excuses. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the "squad" and their idiotic vote this morning in Congress to condemn Trump's tweet and their prior silence when asked about the firebomb attack. It's pathetic.
                Yeah, it's really sad Trump made the stupid tweet he made, because the people that needed to see their silence on the firebombing and understand what it means will never be able to see it now. Trump really helped them out of that potential mess.

Jim

Comment

Jim
                  Sorry that statement of yours fits you not BTC. you are so into fantasizing that orange man is bad that you excuse the lack of condemnation of TRUE EVIL

Comment

Yeah, it's really sad Trump made the stupid tweet he made, because the people that needed to see their silence on the firebombing and understand what it means will never be able to see it now. Trump really helped them out of that potential mess.

Jim
                    They would never be allowed to see it anyway because the MSM is in bed with the squad.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      He didn't say it about 4 white Europeans though did he. That's not something that Trump does seer, but he does attack people of color all the time starting with his birtherism charade against Obama, which I'm sure you all defended as well.
                      So what? The point is, the statement is not inherently racist. It could be applied to just about anyone who hates America! Love it or leave it bro!
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                        <AH>
                        Nothing of substance to reply to - sorry.

Jim

Comment

They would never be allowed to see it anyway because the MSM is in bed with the squad.
                          I've seen numerous articles on it. it is a significant problem - it would have been up there - had it not been eclipsed by Trump's tweets.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            So what? The point is, the statement is not inherently racist. It could be applied to just about anyone who hates America! Love it or leave it bro!
                            "Love it or leave it" does not make reference to countries of origin, though it still carries with it a bad historical stigma. "Go back where you came from" does, and historically as far back as the late 1700's is linked to anti-immigration sentiments. It's connection to racism became prominent in the 1950's and 60's with the debates over segregation and was applied to black people protesting segregation. It also became a rallying cry against people protesting the vietnam war in the mid to late 60's.

It has never meant anything good, and has almost always been used by bigots against people not like 'us'.

Jim

Comment

• OK, time for an aside....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Speaking out is democratic, not hatred of America. "Love it or leave it" are the words of an authoritarian, not a supporter of democracy. We can take Trumps words as racist and authoritarian because he has a history.

Comment