Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Actually, there has only been one hitler comparison i am aware of in this thread and it concerned the public dynamic that allowed him to rise to power, not any specific connection to him directly. That dynamic has allowed many bad things to happen over the years.

The remaining mentions of hitler were like yourself: people complaining that his name was mentioned.

Jim
    You explicitly used Hitler in two of the posts I quoted - there are a number of Nazi implications as well.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      Well I never really stopped liking Nixon, he was the first President I voted for. We Marines really like him.
      Nixon secretly negotiated with the N. Vietnamese while campaigning for the Presidency in order to keep the war going until after his election, causing the unnecessary deaths of many more of your beloved Marines. Do you still really like him?

Comment

Jim what are you going to do when Trump is reelected? Are you going to be miserable for the next four years?
        Who says he'll be re-elected? I'll be elated when Putins wannabe dictator is ousted from office, either through impeachment or the electoral process, and has to face the charges that, being a sitting president, he is currently immune to, and goes to prison where he so deservedly belongs.

Comment

• I think we have all come to a common understanding in this thread. Good job.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Actually, there has only been one hitler comparison i am aware of in this thread and it concerned the public dynamic that allowed him to rise to power, not any specific connection to him directly. That dynamic has allowed many bad things to happen over the years.

The remaining mentions of hitler were like yourself: people complaining that his name was mentioned.

Jim

Eta: ok, i see there are some others from other people.
            I am just tired of all this. I dont understand the gloom and doom.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWall View Post
              I am just tired of all this. I dont understand the gloom and doom.
              If you don't want to participate in the thread "thewall", then you are not required too. You do realize that, do you not?

Comment

• Of course. I wanted to give my two cents and I did. I personally am annoyed with how this election cycle has gone on. I find it unproductive. You know Jiml you bring up a good point.

I have enough anxiety as it is.

I figure a break from all the politics would do me good.
                sigpic

Comment

Of course. I wanted to give my two cents and I did. I personally am annoyed with how this election cycle has gone on. I find it unproductive. You know Jiml you bring up a good point.

I have enough anxiety as it is.

I figure a break from all the politics would do me good.
                  Great, hope you're feeling better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    And in the meantime, Pelosi has to defend the freshmen she was trying to distance...

Trump wins again. Tweets win, people ask 'but why he no stop tweeting?!!??!?!?!'
                    Last edited by demi-conservative; 07-20-2019, 12:22 AM.
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Afterwards, I have to go back and uncheck all this junk...

Emphasis is mine unless stated otherwise:
                      I appreciate the work you did Teal - that is a large number of posts. First, A large number of the posts you quote are NOT replies to you. Here is a list of who I was replying to, in order, down to your next comment:

1: One Bad Pig - and yes I mention Hitler. I do see a parallel in how the TWEB Trump chorus defends trump and the mechanisms that allowed Hitler to rise to power. But I am referring to a group dynamic, which is bigger than any one individual and often not characteristic of the actual beliefs of any one person in the group. That is the nature of group dynamics - they often exaggerate small issues into big ones. And in fact me raising issues like this comes from my belief that the individuals are of high moral character and if they can see the effect of the group dynamic they will individually realize that is not who they want to be.

2: first floor - I do lament the loss of humanity that I see coming out of supporting Trump. Not an attack on any individual.

3: Cow poke - simply stating a fact about the history of a phrase's use as a racist tack. It's a comment about trump, not CP, not you.

4: Seer: Not sure how hoping someone can understand a historical difference amounts to ad hominem. This one skirts ad hominem though I'll give you that. But it is not to you.

5: MM: MM is always using ad hominem against everyone. Perhaps I can do better when speaking to him - still a work in progress there. But not against you.

6: MM: MM justifying Trumps twitter attacks on the squad - can we get real here?

7: MM: Just a statement of facts Teal - not an attack on MM. Ad hominem means I'm attacking the person (MM). In this post I am offering a criticism of the idea that it is unamerican to be crticial of America. That is laugable. but nowhere in that post is there ad hominem to MM or to you.

8,9: MM: he continues to inanely just deny what is true. I called him on it. And I did insinuate there was an intelligence issue - again working on it with MM - and it had nothing to do with you. And you know as well as I do that MM trolls and tries to provoke people into responding harshly. So give me some time to figure out how not to give him the pleasure he desires.

10: MM again. So - are you some relation to MM that you would be offended by my counter attacks and parries with him? It's not as if the fellow is docile and nice.

11: Seer - you highlighted a statement of fact about the use of the phrase 'go back where you came from'. That is not ad hom, and is not directed at you.

You are comparing me, personally, to a German of the 1930's - IF I'm charitable. The truth is much nastier - why you actually can't figure out how that would PISS ME OFF I'll never know.
                      12: Teal - I asked you to think about what you are defending - latent racist tendencies from a time when the KKK was a big deal - really - I'm not supposed to ask you to think about that? You clearly think I am attacking your character and claiming you were some sort of evil person. But No, rather I was appealing to your GOOD character. I am appealing to you to NOT let Trump drag you down. But it looks like my wording wasn't understood to be such an appeal. I'll work on it.

13,14: responses to derogatory comments about me by MM, but no ad hominem to MM himself. Just a discussion of how Trump is a master of chaos and is pushing both left and right to extremes.

15: to Pix: I said she was duped - so I can see how you might see that as ad hominem - so I apologize to pix. The second highlighted portion simply an appeal to the Trump Defense Chorus about the dangers of encouraging the kind of mob hatred he enjoyed in that NC rally - which was being vigorously defended. Seriously - you think that is some sort of ad hominem to pix?
                      That sort of mob chanting expressing hate IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Why are you complaining about that?

16: One bad Pig: This response is specifically to the Group mentality of Trump defense found here. It is an appeal to conscience. I don't think I have ever called an appeal to conscience ad hominem. Are you saying you don't see a difference between 'Do you understand that what you are doing is wrong?' and 'you are an evil scumbag that is doing wrong!'. I would not call the first ad hominem, but I would call the second ad hominem.

17: MM - Good grief - this is a mirrored response to an attack by MM.

18: One bad pig: I am back on the group dynamic of Trump Defense found here on TWEB. One Bad Pig is not by any means the biggest participant there. I don't see anything false or directed at any specific individuals there - certainly not you. OBP is overreacting and did not understand the context of my post on 1943 Berlin, and he took personally comments directed at the group dynamic. While he is slamming me, I do not slam him back directly. The context of my Berlin domment is that Trumps "Go back where you came from" could only serve as political commentary in the sort of facist state that was there at that time. In our society it is racist anti immigrant belligerence.

19: No clue why that is in the list.

20: Teal (so far 2 out of 20 was directed at you). You are slamming on me pretty hard Teal. I am offering a defense against your accusations. Am I not allowed to do that? You highlighted my comment about the Trump Defense Chorus always defending Trump. Can you show me a thread or series of posts where they were NOT defending Trump? If not, would my comment not simply be a statement of fact?

21: Teal - again all over me and again I am offering my rebuttal to you attack. Again - am I not allowed to defend myself against attack. You highlight my lance armstrong analogy. Why? My point is that the bad in trump outweighs the good. Lance is a very good analogy for that situation, and if the Trump Defense Chorus where aligned with Lance rather than Trump, my analogous description is exactly what they have done here for the last 3 years regarding Trump.

22: NorrinRadd: A response to a direct and snide attack on me. But in his attack he's like completely off in left field in terms of creating a caricature of the actual situation. So you would fault me and call ad hominem comparing his caricature to a badly set up system of equations? Really?

23,24: Pix - a response to two particulary out in left field response. Tell her she is out in left field is not ad hominem. Telling her she is stupid and out in left field would be. The second highlighted portion is just a comment on why Trump whipping a mod into a hate filled chant is a bad idea. That is not ad hominem Teal.

25: teal - well you managed to find 23 of my posts that are responses to 25 direct attacks on me by 7 different people. A few I would agree had fairly tame (compared to what they were responding to) ad hom in them. The majority are not ad hom at all. Most of the ones you seem most offended by are nothing more than expressions of my very real concern for Good people that I believe are being led down the primrose path by a very bad man. I guess I should just stop caring?

Yes, can and did. Technically, more of an ad hom but sufficient for the purpose.

YOU accused and implied NASTY things about EVERYONE that supports Trump in any way whatsoever - documented above.

YOU aren't innocent. You can stop playing now.

YOU aren't the victim just because people won't let you keep wounding them. When you torment the dog, you deserve the bite.

GROW UP. You cannot call, wheedle or imply nasty things about others without consequence.
                      All I can say is that the things you have highlighted are so utterly tame compared to what has been directed my way that I would hope you never have to deal with yourself in a web page debate.

Jim
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-20-2019, 02:03 AM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Well I never really stopped liking Nixon, he was the first President I voted for. We Marines really like him.
                        He was a crook, like Trump. No wonder you like Trump.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

You explicitly used Hitler in two of the posts I quoted - there are a number of Nazi implications as well.
                          Although I summarized this in the larger reply - the mentions are primarily referring to the dynamic that allowed him to gain power. I remembered that as a single entity, you are talking about a raw post count. The other is not relating Trump to hitler at all, but rather saying that claiming Trumps "go back where you came from" could only be considered political commentary in a society like Nazi Germany. IOW, I'm just say MM's characterization of Trump's comment is totally inaccurate.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I have had enough with people throwing out Hitler comparisons. What has it produced? More importantly Hitler made himself supreme chancellor and murdered his political opponents as well as those he hated in the name of the name of nazism. It is quite frankly lazy.

I got plenty of problems with trump. He is egotistical and brash. He has a bad habit of open mouth insert foot. Last I checked he isn't advocating the supremacy of arians.
                            That's just like what Hitler woulda said.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              I can't imagine any Conservatives either here, or in the rest of the US, who would be okay with Trump giving himself a third term. It was the Republican Party that established the two term limit, after Roosevelt had sat almost all the way through a third term.
                              Nitpick: He was actually into his FOURTH term when he died.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                He was a crook, like Trump. No wonder you like Trump.
                                No idiot I didn't like him because he was a crook. I was in the military at the time, and Nixon treated us very good. Most of the people I know who still liked him were ex military.
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment