Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, while I don't think there's any possible way to spin Trump's statement as not being racist, I also don't think he was intentionally using a KKK statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Yes, a link? What's this "Cultural" Marxism, and how does it differ from regular Marxism?
      The link is short and gives a general overview. Basically economic Marxism was not really catching on, so:

In classical Marxism, the workers of the world were oppressed by the ruling classes. The new theory was that everyone in society was psychologically oppressed by the institutions of Western culture. The school concluded that this new focus would need new vanguards to spur the change. The workers were not able to rise up on their own.

Critical Theory is a play on semantics. The theory was simple: criticize every pillar of Western culture—family, democracy, common law, freedom of speech, and others. The hope was that these pillars would crumble under the pressure.

In his book, Marcuse argued that Western culture was inherently repressive because it gave up happiness for social progress.

The book called for “polymorphous perversity,” a concept crafted by Freud. It posed the idea of sexual pleasure outside the traditional norms. Eros and Civilization would become very influential in shaping the sexual revolution of the 1960s.

Marcuse would be the one to answer Horkheimer’s question from the 1930s: Who would replace the working class as the new vanguards of the Marxist revolution?

Marcuse believed that it would be a victim coalition of minorities—blacks, women, and homosexuals.

The social movements of the 1960s—black power, feminism, gay rights, sexual liberation—gave Marcuse a unique vehicle to release cultural Marxist ideas into the mainstream. Railing against all things “establishment,” The Frankfurt School’s ideals caught on like wildfire across American universities.
      Does any of the above look familiar concerning our present social movements Leonhard?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Lets see I get that seer would say something like that. And I'll give him a pass because he likes to troll. But you?

One Bad Pig asked me why I considered this forum far-right, and I think he's slowly getting his answer.

Is the desire for freedom a far-right characteristic? The scale hardly means anything without definition. But the media uses 'far-right' to describe anything that doesn't conform to destructive leftist doctrine. The democrats promote unsustainable political control of healthcare and promotes excessive taxation. They are promoting unhindered migration with the apparent intent of dilution of American Constitutional protections and culture/continuity. (This continuity and culture is not anyways racist -- I say this for those who assume the contrary).
        The democrats and media are polarizing the nation ... making it seem like freedom, and free speech are evil.

There are big cultural changes that conservatives wish to stop. Someone posted about free speech being seen as violence but violence against other views is seen as free speech. How can we correct this way of radical violent views? This type of radical reaction is promoted by Communists -- who seek to cause artificial divisions seeing that people in America don't have sufficient concern about the 'desired' division of rich and poor.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Denying the phrase is historically racist doesnt change the simple fact it is.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/15/74182...-racist-tweets

Source: npr

ennifer Wingard, a University of Houston professor who has looked at rhetoric and immigrant communities, traces this sentiment at least to 1798, when the U.S. passed a series of laws — together known as the the Alien and Sedition Acts — that were aimed at making citizenship more difficult for immigrants and deportation easier for U.S. authorities to carry out.

© Copyright Original Source

Jim
          Yeah, that's not racism. Anti-immigrant, depending on intent.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            The link is short and gives a general overview. Basically economic Marxism was not really catching on, so:
            "Economic Marxism" as opposed to "Marxism"?

If it isn't about class struggles, and the problems inherent in capitalism, then how is it Marxism?

Does any of the above look familiar concerning our present social movements Leonhard?
            I can't believe that website is new. It looks like something pulled off the internet back in the early days when you could recognize a crank by the alternating fonts, the many capitalized sentences. The typesetting alone hurts my eyes way too much to spend a lot of time on it, but I think what you're looking at is just a conspiracy theory article. It seems to be a popular conspiracy theory for far-right conservatives.

I'm sorry also if my tone becomes a little cold. The last person in Scandinavia who raved a lot about Cultural Marxism and its influences decided to take it upon himself to kill over a 100 left wingers. Anders Breivik.

If you can explain to me what Cultural Marxism is, using your own words. I'll try to be neutral, and fair.

But honestly I think you've just fallen for a conspiracy theory seer.

(Here is Mr Breivik, trolling people in court. You like trolling right seer?)

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              I don't see how you can interpret telling three American born people to go back to their own country in a non-racist manner.
              That's easy: they are the children of foreign invaders who refuse to assimilate, have no love for America and actively work against its people and their interests.

It's only because we live in the most lunatic times in history that this can be interpreted as "racism", a word that has long lost all meaning anyway.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Welcome back Darth Ex.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  No it's not.

Trump's comments were deliberately provocative, but they weren't racist by any stretch.

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ich-they-came/

This is clearly a political statement and not a racist one.
                  The fact you are ignorant of history and the use of the phrase "go back where they came from" does not change the facts surrounding its historical use and the implications of its use by Trump.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Welcome back Darth Ex.
                    I'm not really back, I just had a question to ask elsewhere and of course I would get sucked into yet another thread. It's why I left (and will depart again soon) in the first place.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      The fact you are ignorant of history and the use of the phrase "go back where they came from" does not change the facts surrounding its historical use and the implication of ut use by Trump.

Jim
                      It has historically been used against foreigners regardless of their race. I know that as a liberal you don't have much of a vocabulary but racism isn't a blanket word you can use to describe everything you don't like.

Comment

If it isn't about class struggles, and the problems inherent in capitalism, then how is it Marxism?

I can't believe that website is new. It looks like something pulled off the internet back in the early days when you could recognize a crank by the alternating fonts, the many capitalized sentences. The typesetting alone hurts my eyes way too much to spend a lot of time on it, but I think what you're looking at is just a conspiracy theory article. It seems to be a popular conspiracy theory for far-right conservatives.

I'm sorry also if my tone becomes a little cold. The last person in Scandinavia who raved a lot about Cultural Marxism and its influences decided to take it upon himself to kill over a 100 left wingers. Anders Breivik.

If you can explain to me what Cultural Marxism is, using your own words. I'll try to be neutral, and fair.

(Here is Mr Breivik, trolling people in court. You like trolling right seer?)
                        The scandinavian left has murdered far more people than Breivik could hope to match.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          I'm not really back, I just had a question to ask elsewhere and of course I would get sucked into yet another thread. It's why I left (and will depart again soon) in the first place.
                          I get that. I've had similar reasons for staying away a lot lately. Will probably go back to doing that soon.

We might disagree somewhat strongly on a lot of issues, but I still wish you well out there Darth Ex.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I don't think it proves he's a racist - I think it proves he can be a real jackass.
                            Trump being a jerk. Film at Eleven!
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Leonhard, those quotes were accurate, this is not an unknown concept. Sure nuts can use anything to justify their violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoG9zBvvLQ&t=466s
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                                ALL politics are about identity. The right has simply seized on it as a label to paste the left with, when they do the same things themselves - just with different identities.
                                No, all politics is about power. Identity is just the latest trend in window dressing.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment