Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    God bless you Teal. I think you probably somehow feel justified in the current campaign to highlight each and every thing you despise in me - but really? How much longer do you plan to continue along this tack of posts filled with direct personal attacks on every element of me you find distasteful?

Jim
    Wow... your paranoia and utter lack of introspection and self-awareness is almost shocking. I don't read anything in Teal's posts to suggest that she in any way despises you. I get the sense that you are only willing to accept your faults on your own terms and become upset when someone else points them out to you.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

C - do you know what it is like to have the majority of the people on a forum telling you how bad you are in every single post written? Not that an idea you've had is bad, not that something you said was inaccurate, but that you yourself are bad, bad , bad. Over and over and over again. That is something I more and more work hard not to do, to not say something like you just said to me. To not directly attack the character or morals of the other person.
      Yes, I do know what that's like, but that's not happening to you here. I've had crap happen like that my entire freaking life, and not just on the internet.

What I find though is that most people dont seem to be able to differentiate between saying "this idea is bad" and "you are bad".
      You've certainly proved your incapable of such distinguishing. Most people here on TWeb that disagree with you are effectively saying that you aren't acting like yourself and that you need to take a step back, and have a good look in the mirror.

And so I dont really yet have a set of tools that can avoid inflaming a conversation, although perhaps just being more clear about making that difference explicit may help.
      From the very first post I've seen you make on the topic of Trump you have been inflammatory towards those you disagree with, so don't give me that BS.

It does seem that any attempt to defend against the constant attacks on me as a person only serves to escalate hostility. So Im just not even going to try anymore.

That's some major hyperbole right there, and that is the nicest thing I can say about the underlined.

Maybe one day you can see the difference between saying an idea is bad and saying the person is bad. And ill try to be as clear as possible Im focussing on an idea, not a person in my replies.

Jim
      You very clearly have not been focusing on ideas rather than people. That is why Teal is calling you out like this. Your own rhetoric has actually been far worse than anything I've seen others say to you. OBP pointed out what you are saying and you justified your words as a "wake up call", but you've been unable to see that many here are attempting to give you a wake up call with regards to your own actions.

Comment

God bless you Teal. I think you probably somehow feel justified in the current campaign to highlight each and every thing you despise in me - but really? How much longer do you plan to continue along this tack of posts filled with direct personal attacks on every element of me you find distasteful?

Jim

That's what you get out of Teal's post? Seriously?

Comment

C - do you know what it is like to have the majority of the people on a forum telling you how bad you are in every single post written? Not that an idea you've had is bad, not that something you said was inaccurate, but that you yourself are bad, bad , bad. Over and over and over again. That is something I more and more work hard not to do, to not say something like you just said to me. To not directly attack the character or morals of the other person.

What I find though is that most people dont seem to be able to differentiate between saying "this idea is bad" and "you are bad".

And so I dont really yet have a set of tools that can avoid inflaming a conversation, although perhaps just being more clear about making that difference explicit may help.

It does seem that any attempt to defend against the constant attacks on me as a person only serves to escalate hostility. So Im just not even going to try anymore.

Maybe one day you can see the difference between saying an idea is bad and saying the person is bad. And ill try to be as clear as possible Im focussing on an idea, not a person in my replies.

Jim
          You at least sometimes initiate the personal attacks. Go back 3 pages on the board and look at your 'Can you still support him?' thread, where you attacked me ("naive") directly, as well as by implication in your general attack on people who don't instantly condemn Trump for everything he is supposed to have said or done.

You attacked the integrity of everyone else in this thread, as Teal has pointed out.

It's really too rich to see you then complaining about others attacking you. Maybe one day you can see that making blanket negative moral judgments on everyone who doesn't instantly agree with your opinions on Trump gives you no right to then complain about 'personal attacks'. Frankly, you get very little in return. MM and Pixie are the main ones who have lost patience with your style - throw out a general insult, then whine about 'personal attacks'. OBP, Sparko, Seer, CP, Adrift and others are very patient with you.

Grow up.
          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
            You at least sometimes initiate the personal attacks. Go back 3 pages on the board and look at your 'Can you still support him?' thread, where you attacked me ("naive") directly, as well as by implication in your general attack on people who don't instantly condemn Trump for everything he is supposed to have said or done.

You attacked the integrity of everyone else in this thread, as Teal has pointed out.

It's really too rich to see you then complaining about others attacking you. Maybe one day you can see that making blanket negative moral judgments on everyone who doesn't instantly agree with your opinions on Trump gives you no right to then complain about 'personal attacks'. Frankly, you get very little in return. MM and Pixie are the main ones who have lost patience with your style - throw out a general insult, then whine about 'personal attacks'. OBP, Sparko, Seer, CP, Adrift and others are very patient with you.

Grow up.
            I see the group of you as a whole have no intention of finding something better to do than vent your hatred and disdain my way. Better me than someone else i suppose. Do continue. When you finish, wait 3 days or a week or so and go back and read what you wrote and see how it looks then.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I see the group of you as a whole have no intention of finding something better to do than vent your hatred and disdain my way. Better me than someone else i suppose. Do continue. When you finish, wait 3 days or a week or so and go back and read what you wrote and see how it looks then.

Jim
              Stop your pity party. I don't hate you, and I doubt anyone else here does.

Instead of taking on board what people are saying about how you express your views, you're deflecting it as an attack on you. That allows you to feel justified in your own eyes, and ignore the substantive points being made. You are the one who expresses your disdain and moral superiority to others in almost every post you make in Civics. Teal documented it, I pointed it out to you in the thread from last month, numerous others have pointed it out.

You see yourself as calling others to consider their moral position, but everyone else sees what you post as a general attack on them for 'supporting evil'.

Own what you post, bro. Despite your good intentions the effect is to make others feel insulted and morally judged.

I will evaluate what Trump (or anyone else) says or does on the basis of fair and objective analysis of the actual facts. That is my duty as a follower of Jesus.

I won't rush to judgment, or judge uncharitably, or allow myself to be pressured into a judgment by attempts to coerce me, or manipulate me by suggesting that I must agree if I am a truly moral Christian. That is my duty as a follower of Jesus.
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

I see the group of you as a whole have no intention of finding something better to do than vent your hatred and disdain my way.

not me
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...vent your hatred and disdain my way.
                  You need to give up the persecution complex, because it is seriously affecting your judgement and ability to rationally interact with others. I might also recommend that you approach these discussions with a new paradigm:

1) President Trump is not the devil.
                  2) Christians can, in good conscience, support the President without compromising our core values.

In other words, give us the benefit of the doubt instead of insisting that we necessarily see everything your way.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Jim
                    Face Palm - better.gif

I really don't know if you don't get it, can't get it, or won't get it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What I have a very hard time doing is watching so many defend what Trump said, or laugh at the people he said it about.

To support Trump it seems is to lose pieces of one's humanity. I've watched it happen day after day on TWEB over the course of his presidency. Each day he takes another step into the mud, and each day people drop another piece of their soul and follow him in.

Jim
                      What happened in past will happen again. Almost tradition, does not make Trump special evil. Please to deal with it!
                      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I would encourage you to look again. I know that in all my posts that bring up the morality of a certain issue, my intent is to point out why certain ideas or responses are inconsistent with the good people I believe you to be.

Jim

Everyone is telling you the same thing
                        and Teal actually went to the trouble to collect the various posts where you do so in this thread. I had pointed it out to you earlier in the thread, and I and others have pointed it out to you in various other threads. You have a tendency to condemn us (not personally but as a group) because we don't condemn what you believe Trump has done. By not believing what you believe about Trump, we are somehow complicit in his evil as you see it. You can't seem to get the concept that not everyone agrees with your view of Trump, and don't believe he is doing what you think he is doing. You assume your view is "fact" and everyone should agree with that and if they don't they are bad/immoral/etc. You can't seem to grasp that maybe, just maybe, you are the one who is wrong, or that others can have a different opinion of Trump and his actions and not be bad/immoral/etc. - you suffer from a black and white view of Trump and us. We either have to accept your world view or they are bad, or unchristian.

And when we get upset and try to explain it to you, you can't seem to see it and keep denying it, while saying we are being hostile to you and again, making us the bad guys.

Yes, a few people have actually been nasty to you and that is wrong, but most of us have not. We just disagree with your views on Trump. And we let you know. And we are upset at your characterization of us as immoral or unchristian and let you know.

For example, this post is NOT attacking you. I am just trying to get you to see what your posts look like to me and others.

Comment

Jim

You're the one who seems to have nothing better to do than poke people, and then whine when some push back. It's like some of the whiny bully types I had back in school, I put up with bullying back then, but I don't anymore. So I'm not exactly the kind to buy that crap whrn I see it. If you plan on acting like that don't be surprised when people treat you appropriately.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Bull crap Jim, first there is no actual evidence that Nixon had an effect on the peace process...

There was never a serious peace prospect, so Nixon did not cause more deaths. He is the one who ENDED the Democrat war...
                            Obviously seer, you didn't read the linked article. Even the Title makes the point. Whether the N. Vietnamese were serious about the truce talks or not is, for one, speculation, and for two, irrelevant. The fact is that Nixon did it, and his intent was to keep the wargoing in order to give himself a campaign advantage. So, whether he was ultimately responsible for all of those subsequent soldiers deaths or not, that was his intent which he carried out. Now, do you still like Tricky Dick?

Btw, do you know what that's called? It's called treason!
                            Last edited by JimL; 07-20-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Obviously seer, you didn't read the linked article. Even the Title makes the point. Whether the N. Vietnamese were serious about the truce talks or not is, for one, speculation, and for two, irrelevant. The fact is that Nixon did it, and his intent was to keep the wargoing in order to give himself a campaign advantage. So, whether he was ultimately responsible for all of those subsequent soldiers deaths or not, that was his intent which he carried out. Now, do you still like Tricky Dick?

Btw, do you know what that's called? It's called treason!
                              Hey Jim, there wasn't any actual evidence that they actually contacted the North Vietnamese, it was all innuendo - if you think otherwise post the quotes.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                Except that there are term limits. Trump is just another parenthesis in American history. Eventually that parenthesis closes. That'll be by next election, or more like five years from now.
                                But, but, but.... that doesn't support the extreme-lefty conspiracy theory nuttery! Trump is going to declare himself King...
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment