Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump proves he’s a racist.

.... like we didn’t know.

Lots of people like his tweet apparently.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

chang_spits_milk.gif
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I don't see how you can interpret telling three American born people to go back to their own country in a non-racist manner.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't think its racist*, its just Trump trolling. He knows they're not born in those countries. He's just inciting the media. Generating publicity, and making the news about him. Its how he got elected in the first place; People enjoying the "liberal" media being enraged uselessly, and him getting a ton of mentions.

A president doing this is rather shameful though.

*Of course its racist, but I think calling it that is just missing how Trump is manipulating the media.
        Last edited by Leonhard; 07-15-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Oh, how I wish Trump would just get the heck off of Twitter. Here goes....

I think his tweet was stupid and ignorant, given that three of the four he was referring to are American-born, and as he later acknowledged they're all American citizens. But I don't think it was racist, because he didn't say, "Go back." He said "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

And in the meantime, Pelosi has to defend the freshmen she was trying to distance...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              Oh, how I wish Trump would just get the heck off of Twitter. Here goes....

I think his tweet was stupid and ignorant, given that three of the four he was referring to are American-born, and as he later acknowledged they're all American citizens. But I don't think it was racist, because he didn't say, "Go back." He said "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done."
              And they just all happened not to be white?

His original tweet did specify that he was talking about other countries when he said "from which they came", so it could not be interpreted as just going back to their districts.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                I don't see how you can interpret telling three American born people to go back to their own country in a non-racist manner.
                How, exactly is it racist? Also, two - one is a naturalized citizen.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I think we need to coin the phrase "new racism" to indicate things that aren't really racist but people declare as such for purely political reasons.

What Trump said was provocative, but it wasn't racist by any stretch of the imagination.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    How, exactly is it racist? Also, two - one is a naturalized citizen.
                    One pastor friend of mine is American born but looks Middle Eastern (Armenian heritage). He has been told to go back to his own country. This patently assumes his nationality based on his racial appearance and concludes that this is justification for him having to leave the country. That's a textbook definition of racism. Don't play coy.

Comment

Actually four, and three were born in the USA.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

And they just all happened not to be white?

His original tweet did specify that he was talking about other countries when he said "from which they came", so it could not be interpreted as just going back to their districts.
                        I wasn't interpreting it as "back to their districts." I think it was a bad tweet on multiple levels, but I don't think it was racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          I wasn't interpreting it as "back to their districts." I think it was a bad tweet on multiple levels, but I don't think it was racist.
                          So in the case of an American born ACO, what could he have meant in her case?

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                            Actually four, and three were born in the USA.
                            You're correcting me then correcting yourself to make my original post correct?

Comment

So in the case of an American born ACO, what could he have meant in her case?
                              I don't know--ignorance, or just blatant trolling.

Comment