Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Would you be surprised to learn that Trump agrees with you?

"It was quite a chant, I felt a little bit badly about it, but I will say this, I did start speaking very quickly … I was not happy with it, I disagree with it, but again, I didn’t say that, they did."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...at-ilhan-omar/
    Yeah, i'd be very surprised, because unlike you I'm not naive enough to believe what Trump says, when I can see what he does. He didn't begin speaking again very quickly at all, he waited 13 seconds while the crowd kept up the chant. Don't be a dupe.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Not even close teal. I am not defending abortion. Nor am i defending those that lobby for abortion as they do it.

As for whether or not the bad in trump outweighs the good that might come based on his putting more conservative judges on the bench. ... that would be an interesting debate. Can that one issue balance all the rest?

Jim
      Yes, you most certainly are - you are trying to eliminate the best shot we've had of retaking the Court and ending Roe. I'm applying your 'take no prisoners' logic - if your actions are supporting abortion - and they are - then you are supporting abortion.

Dead babies numbering over 50 MILLION and counting - and you're complaining about his sleeping around when he was younger and being a jerk now? You compare the lives of those children to THAT? Heck, YEAH, if that's the only thing he accomplishes as president it will make him one of the best in US history - warts and all.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Based on the video of his reaction to it in the rally snd his doubling down on the statenent over the last few days, yes i'd have a hard time believing that was his actual reaction to it. " a little bit badly" - rigggght.

Jim
        So even when Trump does the right thing, he's still wrong, and you refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt. Got it.

This is why it's impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So even when Trump does the right thing, he's still wrong, and you refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt. Got it.

Again MM, stop being a dupe. Trump is not doing the right thing, he, as usual, is lying. Watch the damn video and see for yourself if he didn't like what he was hearing, and if he tried to stop it by speaking again right away to shut them up. He stood there for 13 seconds soaking it all in and he didn't start speaking again until the chanting died down. Your're the one who it's impossible to have a reasonable discussion with, because you're in love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Yes, you most certainly are - you are trying to eliminate the best shot we've had of retaking the Court and ending Roe. I'm applying your 'take no prisoners' logic - if your actions are supporting abortion - and they are - then you are supporting abortion.

Dead babies numbering over 50 MILLION and counting - and you're complaining about his sleeping around when he was younger and being a jerk now? You compare the lives of those children to THAT? Heck, YEAH, if that's the only thing he accomplishes as president it will make him one of the best in US history - warts and all.
            Sorry, teal. The analogy just doesn't work.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

We can all see Trump bask in the joy of watching those people chant. He spent days feeding the monster on Twitter and at the rally it is so obvious he is just sooo pleased it took. And his 'doing the right thing' is itself a mockery:

'Felt a little bit bad'

Jim
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-18-2019, 11:14 PM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Would you be surprised to learn that Trump agrees with you?

"It was quite a chant, I felt a little bit badly about it, but I will say this, I did start speaking very quickly … I was not happy with it, I disagree with it, but again, I didn’t say that, they did."
                He did NOT start speaking quickly. Having set the whole, ugly "go back from where you came from" scenario via Twitter, he waited a full thirteen minutes gloating in the chant and saying nothing. It's his style. Same with the "lock her up chants" re Hillary.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  I'll take that as a tacit admission that you were being considerably less than truthful when you claimed that his disapproval ratings have gone up when in fact they actually have dropped a bit.
                  "A bit". In reality, the points have moved very little and his disapproval rating is high compared to previous presidents whichever way you look at it.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Sorry, teal. The analogy just doesn't work.

Jim
                    Sorry Jim, but it works perfectly. You are now an official abortion supporter - should get your card in the mail any day now.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Sorry Jim, but it works perfectly. You are now an official abortion supporter - should get your card in the mail any day now.
                      As somebody who personally knows him, I will step in and verify that he does not support abortion. Arguing he is inconsistent is one thing, but outright supports is another.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        As somebody who personally knows him, I will step in and verify that he does not support abortion. Arguing he is inconsistent is one thing, but outright supports is another.
                        If he were arguing fairly with the rest of us, I'd concede, but here I am applying his logic to him the same way he applies it to us. No room for compromise; no possibility that Trump might not be the devil incarnate - nothing but accusation of evil and out right condemnation. Fine - it works BOTH ways - and yes, the shoe does fit as long as we're using the same stupid shoe horn.

His logic does not allow for us to have it both ways.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          I didn't say he wasn't legit, I said it's questionable as to whether or not he was "duly elected."
                          If he wasn't duly elected then he wouldn't be legit.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Incidentally, the most disputable winning presidential candidate in American history has to be Rutherford Hayes in 1876, but no historian that I'm aware of maintains anything other than that he is just another president in the annals of presidents, even though the election process was questionable.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Wait, I thought Trump was Hitler!
                              I'm still trying to work out the math of "Trump is like Hitler because Trump said harsh things about some people who hate Jews."
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

If he were arguing fairly with the rest of us, I'd concede, but here I am applying his logic to him the same way he applies it to us. No room for compromise; no possibility that Trump might not be the devil incarnate - nothing but accusation of evil and out right condemnation. Fine - it works BOTH ways - and yes, the shoe does fit as long as we're using the same stupid shoe horn.

His logic does not allow for us to have it both ways.
                                First snd foremost, your charcterization of the situation with Trump is wrong. What Im looking at and responding to are specific situations, specific policies. When Donald Trump at his rally does a specific thing that is reprehensible and I bring that thing up, then in almost every single case since i started posting in this forum, there are long dand heated defenses of those actions.

and when thst horrible thing he hss done is contrary to basic Christisn tesching, i will point out the moral conflict of supporting that action as a Christian.

So what happens if one of you brings up some other public figure that might have also done something like the thing Trump has done? Do I defend that public figure in that action? Geherally NO. Only if it is clear the accusation itself is false. Abd a lot of the time it isnt false, so you have me on record saying things like hillary's actions with the email server were wrong and I would not defend her with that any more than I would defend Trump's explicit callout to the Russians for help finding deleted emails.

What you cant see teal is that my standards are the same for all. Where the conflict comes into play is that for Donald Trump, the TWEB Christian Trump support chorus is willing to look the other way for him on matters that would have resulted in vocal and vigorous opposition where it almost anyone else.

And so it appears to that chorus I am always against Trump. But the reality is that the chorus here nearly always supports Trump no matter how vile his action. And Trump does a lot of openly vike things. And so we are always in conflict, because I will not support ANYONE doing the sorts of vile things Trump does on an almost daily basis.

Jim
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-19-2019, 05:26 AM.

Comment