Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Looks like Democrats pulled the pin but forgot to throw the grenade...

“The president won this one,” said an unnamed Democrat politician of President Donald Trump’s “showdown” with the Democrat “Squad” of Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ilhan Omar (D-MN), Ayanna Pressley (D-MA), and Rashia Tlaib (D-MI), according to claims made by CNN’s Jake Tapper on Wednesday.

Trump’s implicit criticisms of Omar — describing the Somali immigrant-turned-politician as an America-hating antisemite — triggered a broad partisan Democrat coalescence around her and other “Justice Democrats” in the aforementioned squad. High unfavorability ratings among Ocasio-Cortez, Omar, Pressley, and Tlaib amounted to a political win for Trump, according to Tapper’s claims.

Trump also highlighted Ocasio-Cortez’s support for blocking a now-defunct Amazon proposal to build headquarters in New York City, NY.

Tapper took to Twitter to make his claims about discussions with four Democrat politicians he says spoke with him on condition of anonymity...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ing-the-party/

Yeah, I know, we should always be suspicious of anonymous sources, but I'm not inclined to think that CNN would invent a story that makes the Democrats look bad. If anything, they're probably downplaying how much this fiasco actually hurt the party.
    Sure as heck not gonna get one on the record right now.

But their source is far from alone. A lot of folks on the right and center have already noticed.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Trump hung "the squad" like four albatrosses around the neck of the Democrat party.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Sorry Jim, but no - Clinton's label is dehumanizing - and flat out scummy, if I'm honest.
        So, Clinton calling them deplorable is dehumanizing and flat out scummy, but you calling them white idiots is just telling it like it is? Clinton was only pointing out the same thing you pointed out, Tea.
        No one is defending mistreatment - at all. But if Congress won't fund the necessary increases in facilities, et cetera, that's not grounds for opening the border. I might be more sympathetic if we were talking about more than a few days sleeping on the floor in an air conditioned facility during disposition - or if there were credible reports of food shortages, et cetera. But what I actually see are Democrats trumpeting the 'maltreatment' while refusing to send funds purely so they can use the crisis to their political advantage.
        What are you talking about Tea, everybody here has been defending the mistreatment, including yourself in this very post. These are private for profit prisons. And democrats aren't holding up funding, they want to be sure that the funding that Congress approves of goes where they've targeted it to go. Don't count on that getting through the republicans any time soon.
        The US isn't a magic bullet to solve the economic hardships of everyone that can reach her borders. The better plan is to send economic migrants back home where they will provide internal pressure on their governments while the US provides external pressure. South and Central America are wealthy beyond belief in resources (besides cutting down all the trees) and have the potential to become prosperous in their own right - but not if we keep acting as the escape valve for every internal economic and political pressure. Doing that just dooms those who can't make it here and their children.
        You're changing the subject, Tea. This is about their treatment while in custody, the dehumanization of our southern neighbors, not about the immigration laws themselves.
        We did this once and it was a resounding failure. It's time to do the right thing and close our borders.
        What disaster? Immigrants work hard, pay taxes and are for the most part of value to, not a burden to, the country.

Comment

Could you skip forward to THIS decade? Heck, I'll settle for the last two decades...

1973? Sheesh...
          My parents were in elementary school in 1973. Perhaps something from when my generation was alive, that may have been a leftover policy from his father, might be nice.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            So, Clinton calling them deplorable is dehumanizing and flat out scummy, but you calling them white idiots is just telling it like it is? Clinton was only pointing out the same thing you pointed out, Tea.
            Since we aren't talking about the same people, no. However, point taken - so I'll refer to actual white supremacists as such from here on.

But Clinton wasn't talking about the actual Far Right - she was lumping together anyone that supports Trump. I think you know that.

What are you talking about Tea, everybody here has been defending the mistreatment, including yourself in this very post. These are private for profit prisons. And democrats aren't holding up funding, they want to be sure that the funding that Congress approves of goes where they've targeted it to go. Don't count on that getting through the republicans any time soon.
            No, we aren't - you're reading in what you have already concluded - that anyone that opposes your POV is evil.

Out of curiosity, what is your immediate solution?

As for the funding - there's no question the Dems are holding it up - AOC being the ringleader (and Pelosi being a joke at this point - Tip O'Neill is on spin dry in his grave). Although it can originate in the Senate, funding normally originates in the House - which is steadfastly not passing anything that even gets near the floor.

You're changing the subject, Tea. This is about their treatment while in custody, the dehumanization of our southern neighbors, not about the immigration laws themselves.
            The few days of awaiting hearing for the vast majority of detainees might not be fun - although certainly better than the trip to the border - but conditions have been improving and they are far from inhumane. There's nothing dehumanizing about being detained because you violated US law crossing the border.

However, your entire objection disappears if they don't cross the border in the first place so yeah, closing the border is very much a part of the solution.

What disaster? Immigrants work hard, pay taxes and are for the most part of value to, not a burden to, the country.
            The fact that thirty plus years AFTER the fact, we are seeing record numbers trying to cross the border - the vast majority for economic, not political, reasons. THAT is an unmitigated disaster - amnesty only set the wheels in motion, assuring our southern neighbors of an escape valve for the worst internal economic pressure and allowing governments to continue to do really stupid crap. Granted, most notably Mexico but it wasn't lost on Central and South America as current events attest.

Yeah, the only thing is, they also take jobs from people actually do want them - in the South, that's almost universally black people. When immigrants started coming into Alabama a couple decades back, we saw a pretty radical shift - jobs that predominately under educated (or simply young) blacks had been taking were now going to Hispanics - remember, prior to that Alabama had no Hispanic population to speak of - and as time went on, we stopped seeing many black faces in those jobs at all. Some were good jobs in construction; others more menial 'entry level' jobs but both began to go to the new migrants. So, yeah, it has hurt poor people here in Alabama - and in most other states as well. That IS a burden - it's just not one directly funded by tax dollars.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              My parents were in elementary school in 1973. Perhaps something from when my generation was alive, that may have been a leftover policy from his father, might be nice.
              I was in third grade....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                I don't understand the optimistic thinking that after so many decades of people doing this, this will suddenly bear fruit.

I'm probably going to vote third party if I even vote at all next time around.
                I don't know that "optimism" is the right word. For years I've assumed the choices were

-- Vote for a Republican who claims to be Pro-Life but is probably lying

-- Vote for a Democrat who claims to be Pro-Choice and is probably telling the truth

-- Make a totally irrelevant protest vote.

I've been delightfully surprised at how Pro-Life Trump has been in practice and verbiage, given his Pro-Choice stance in earlier times.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Says one Democrat: "What the president has done is politically brilliant. Pelosi was trying to marginalize these folks and the president has now identified the entire party with them."
                  Nevertheless, Trump's cunning little mind has nevertheless increased his disapproval ratings. His approval rating is in the low forties according to ALL the polls. And his disapproval ratings are not only higher but they are higher among those so utterly enraged by his overt, cynical racism and sexism, to the extent that they will turn out in droves to get rid of this immoral monster.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Trump rally crowd chants “send her back”. The event was scheduled to distract from Mueller evidence to Congress (Mueller date was later changed).
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Sure as heck not gonna get one on the record right now.

But their source is far from alone. A lot of folks on the right and center have already noticed.
                      A, mostly ignored by the MSM, poll done by Axios found that among swing voters AOC and her "squad" is becoming the face of the Democrats and that is not good news for them since among this key group only 22% had a favorable view of AOC and only 9% have a favorable view of Omar. Axios even felt it necessary to point out that the 9% was not a typo.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Nevertheless, Trump's cunning little mind has nevertheless increased his disapproval ratings. His approval rating is in the low forties according to ALL the polls. And his disapproval ratings are not only higher but they are higher among those so utterly enraged by his overt, cynical racism and sexism, to the extent that they will turn out in droves to get rid of this immoral monster.
                        Really? According to Five Thirty Eight his average disapproval rate is down a point since May and down 3 points since late January.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Really? According to Five Thirty Eight his average disapproval rate is down a point since May and down 3 points since late January.
                          Trump's 'approval ratings' are in the low 40's for all but two of the polls, where they are in the mid 40's. Hardly a ringing endorsement of the Evangelical's local folk-hero.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• It's at 50 in Rasmussen. That one was top-notch 15 or so years ago, then became shaky and too Republican-favorable, then did quite well predicting the popular vote in 2016.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Read the posted part - all 1973. And not even particularly compelling.

You already said you were gonna keep posting - just post something timely enough to be relevant.
                              Have you read the whole article? It is a life time record with references. To document this it reflects a life time of racism. I will post more if you refuse to read the article.
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                Have you read the whole article? It is a life time record with references. To document this it reflects a life time of racism. I will post more if you refuse to read the article.
                                I read the article Shuny, it was based on hearsay, it was a left wing hit piece nothing more. For instance why was Trump's support of birtherism a sign of racism?
                                Last edited by seer; 07-18-2019, 06:46 AM.
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment