Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Seriously?

You guys really lack a lot of perspective.
    If you put a scale up with communism on one end and capitalism on the other end, where do you think the two major parties fall?

(I almost asked where the two parties lie, but that would be WAY too easy! )
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      If you put a scale up with communism on one end and capitalism on the other end, where do you think the two major parties fall?

(I almost asked where the two parties lie, but that would be WAY too easy! )
      They're both on Capitalism, shoulder to shoulder. One is slightly nearer the right tip of the scale, and the other.

Comment

They're both on Capitalism, shoulder to shoulder. One is slightly nearer the right tip of the scale, and the other.
        ok
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Seriously?

You guys really lack a lot of perspective.
          Actually Leonhard, no. I know my history, and I see the same mind set in the progressive movement and Communism. Especially with the Birth Of Cultural Marxism in the US, based on identity politics...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...hanged-america
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

You are looking at the scale upside down. Turn it over and you will see that Congress is aligned toward Communism.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I don't think it proves he's a racist - I think it proves he can be a real jackass.
              As I said to MM, "go back where they came from" is racist (and anti-immigration) rhetoric that has been in common use from before the KKK was formed.

For Trump to use it and double down on it can really lead to no other conclusion.

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Actually Leonhard, no. I know my history, and I see the same mind set in the progressive movement and Communism. Especially with the Birth Of Cultural Marxism in the US, based on identity politics...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...hanged-america
                Yes, a link? What's this "Cultural" Marxism, and how does it differ from regular Marxism?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  As I said to MM, "go back where they came from" is racist (and anti-immigration) rhetoric that has been in common use from before the KKK was formed.

For Trump to use it and double down on it can really lead to no other conclusion.

Jim
                  Repeating your assertion doesn't make it any truerer.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    You are looking at the scale upside down. Turn it over and you will see that Congress is aligned toward Communism.
                    Lets see I get that seer would say something like that. And I'll give him a pass because he likes to troll. But you?

One Bad Pig asked me why I considered this forum far-right, and I think he's slowly getting his answer.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      That is just silly Jim, you can say that to a white person like Mr. Amaco in my old neighborhood who was a Fascist from Italy who hated this country. We used to have a saying back in the 60s, American, love it or leave it. Mostly directed as college radicals, no race involved.
                      Im not talking about that phrase. That is not what Trump said. Trump said "they can go back where they came from" , which is a historically racist comment.

And hopefully you are intelligent and historically sufficiently well versed to understand the different histories and implications of the two phrases.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Lets see I get that seer would say something like that. And I'll give him a pass because he likes to troll. But you?

One Bad Pig asked me why I considered this forum far-right, and I think he's slowly getting his answer.
                        I really don't get mikewhitney. He's a vigorous supporter of the current Venezuelan regime, and there's this.

FWIW, a couple posters don't make a forum far-right. A year ago, I'd have agreed with your assessment of the US Democratic and Republican parties as viewed from outside. However, a vocal wing of the Democratic Party has been sprinting left as of late.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

How come the democrats are pushing all these small groups as the primary areas of problems then?
                          Not sure I follow this. What small groups and what problems?

I'm not sure what you mean about all politics being about identity. It seems to be recent phenomena to hear so much division being promulgated.
                          Politics is about gathering support in a political process to push forward initiatives that are for the benefit of some set of people. Those people can typically be identified by a characteristic they have in common.

Democrats are strongly focused on minorities, women, and the poor (to name a few).
                          Republicans are strongly focused on Christian religions, business people, and the unborn (to name a few).

It's all "identity politics." The right is just better at painting the left with the "identity politics bad" brush, and the left is not highlighting that the right is equally about identity politics. I'm not sure why. Disorganized? Don't get it? Don't want to use those tactics? Possibly politically naive? All of the above?
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I really don't get mikewhitney. He's a vigorous supporter of the current Venezuelan regime, and there's this.

FWIW, a couple posters don't make a forum far-right. A year ago, I'd have agreed with your assessment of the US Democratic and Republican parties as viewed from outside. However, a vocal wing of the Democratic Party has been sprinting left as of late.
                            Perhaps its just because I prefer precise terminology. But you have to agree with me, the Democratic party isn't advocating Communism. There isn't really much to haggle or debate on that.

You can be "more left-wing" whatever that means, except to say I guess you would understand it to mean "less in agreement with right-wing politics" without being a communist. I live in Denmark. Its fair to say our government is rather "left-wing" in comparison to yours. And the Democratic party in the US is further to the right, than our right-wing. Yet it would also be unfair to characterize Denmark as Communistic.

Comment

Perhaps its just because I prefer precise terminology. But you have to agree with me, the Democratic party isn't advocating Communism. There isn't really much to haggle or debate on that.

You can be "more left-wing" whatever that means, except to say I guess you would understand it to mean "less in agreement with right-wing politics" without being a communist. I live in Denmark. Its fair to say our government is rather "left-wing" in comparison to yours. And the Democratic party in the US is further to the right, than our right-wing. Yet it would also be unfair to characterize Denmark as Communistic.
                              Yeah, I wouldn't call it communism.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Repeating your assertion doesn't make it any truerer.
                                Denying the phrase is historically racist doesnt change the simple fact it is.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/15/74182...-racist-tweets

Source: npr

ennifer Wingard, a University of Houston professor who has looked at rhetoric and immigrant communities, traces this sentiment at least to 1798, when the U.S. passed a series of laws — together known as the the Alien and Sedition Acts — that were aimed at making citizenship more difficult for immigrants and deportation easier for U.S. authorities to carry out.

© Copyright Original Source

Jim

Comment