Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proves he’s a racist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Your very first post in this thread attacked every Christian who supports Trump to any degree whatsoever. It went downhill from there.

YOU are not innocent.
    Here is what he actually wrote in that post:

What I have a very hard time doing is watching so many defend what Trump said, or laugh at the people he said it about.

To support Trump it seems is to lose pieces of one's humanity. I've watched it happen day after day on TWEB over the course of his presidency. Each day he takes another step into the mud, and each day people drop another piece of their soul and follow him in. http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post649922
    So, in the first part he is talking about "so many" not "all". He is talking about people defending or laughing at a particular act.

In the next part he is careful and points out that it "seems". The observations he then goes on to talk about are not about "every Christian who supports Trump to any degree whatsoever". And I seriously doubt that you cannot see any truth in what he says. Even among the Trump supporters there are some who are a lot more reluctant than others.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

No, that's in the part where Max bothers to try.

Look, you're not a brother - so heck yeah, it's annoying when you do crap like that (which is rare for you - you mostly throw things from the peanut gallery ) but that's all it is - annoying. However, it's different with Jim. He IS a brother - one who's making a very serious, very dangerous mistake.

And yeah, I see the irony that he thinks the same thing about us (sorta). But the facts don't support his view. They do support ours.
      So, I am not a brother, and according to some I am an anti-Christian bigot, I am also (according to some) a liberal, atheist, Obama supporter, Hillary supporter and whatever. I understand that what this ususally means is that my opinion does not count. It is ad hominem. Ironically it is comming from people who claim to follow a man who told them to love their enemies. And seemingly they seem to fail to even identify them on the basic level of fellow human beings who want to share their honest opinion. Look at the harsh comments Jim recieved because Tass and I wrote some friendly posts to him. They give the impression that somehow there needs to be hate involved or somehow it is wrong if we respect him.

And apart from that we are informed that Jim IS a brother who is making a serious mistake (what it is is not explaned) and we are told that facts support your case (not that you care to mention the facts).
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        So, I am not a brother, and according to some I am an anti-Christian bigot, I am also (according to some) a liberal, atheist, Obama supporter, Hillary supporter and whatever. I understand that what this ususally means is that my opinion does not count. It is ad hominem. Ironically it is comming from people who claim to follow a man who told them to love their enemies. And seemingly they seem to fail to even identify them on the basic level of fellow human beings who want to share their honest opinion. Look at the harsh comments Jim recieved because Tass and I wrote some friendly posts to him. They give the impression that somehow there needs to be hate involved or somehow it is wrong if we respect him.

And apart from that we are informed that Jim IS a brother who is making a serious mistake (what it is is not explaned) and we are told that facts support your case (not that you care to mention the facts).
        I think you are here to just pick at scabs and make things worse. You are a troll, an instigator, and an antagonist. You are indeed anti-Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Love often requires us to speak the truth, and not every act we commit requires compassion. Sometimes the truth actually hurts.
          And Christ Himself was hardly one to sugar coat what He had to say.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, that's in the part where Max bothers to try.

Look, you're not a brother - so heck yeah, it's annoying when you do crap like that (which is rare for you - you mostly throw things from the peanut gallery ) but that's all it is - annoying. However, it's different with Jim. He IS a brother - one who's making a very serious, very dangerous mistake.

And yeah, I see the irony that he thinks the same thing about us (sorta). But the facts don't support his view. They do support ours.
            And a lot of us consider Jim to be a friend as well as a brother in Christ. Some, like have even broke bread with him. That is why it is so distressful to see him behaving this way.
            Last edited by rogue06; 07-21-2019, 01:45 PM. Reason: add missing "us"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I am closing down this thread. I think everyone has said what they needed to say.

Comment