Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Planned Parenthood Aborts its Own President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planned Parenthood Aborts its Own President

Planned Parenthood Aborts its Own President

Planned Parenthood on Tuesday removed its president after less than a year in the job, seeking new leadership at a time when abortion rights have come under increasing attack from statehouses and Republicans in Washington.

The move came after hours of negotiations Tuesday between the board of directors and the president, Leana Wen, according to two people familiar with the decision.

Dr. Wen had been the first physician to lead the organization in decades. The people familiar with the move said there had been internal strife over her management, and that the group felt it needed a more aggressive political leader to fight the efforts to roll back access to abortions.

The board voted unanimously on Tuesday to appoint Alexis McGill Johnson, the co-founder of the Perception Institute, an anti-bias research group, to temporarily replace Dr. Wen, the people said. Ms. McGill will serve as acting president and chief executive of both Planned Parenthood Federation of America, the nonprofit that provides health care services, and Planned Parenthood Action Fund, its political arm.

Apparently, they want somebody more combative to lead their culture of death.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I was watching a TED or TEDx video of her speaking.

It sounded like she was a concerned doctor. But, as I recall, there were a few things about doctors being upfront about something... when they talk to patients. It didn't sound quite right. But there was a compliment of this doctor by a Christian , within the remarks. Go figure.

Then I looked her name up and saw she was head of Planned Parenthood. Any good impressions about her had disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      I was watching a TED or TEDx video of her speaking.

It sounded like she was a concerned doctor. But, as I recall, there were a few things about doctors being upfront about something... when they talk to patients. It didn't sound quite right. But there was a compliment of this doctor by a Christian , within the remarks. Go figure.

Then I looked her name up and saw she was head of Planned Parenthood. Any good impressions about her had disappeared.
      Yeah, I'm not really sure what her story is, and how she got pulled into (then out of) that position.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

NBC quoted her as saying that Planned Parenthood "ended my employment at a secret meeting." And someone at Buzzfeed is saying while it was in part due to her not being aggressive enough it was also because she refused to "use ‘trans-inclusive language’."
        Last edited by rogue06; 07-17-2019, 02:33 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          NBC quoted her as saying that Planned Parenthood "ended my employment at a secret meeting." And someone at Buzzfeed is saying while it was in part due to her not being aggressive enough it was also because she refused to "use ‘trans-inclusive language’."
          Yeah, I just heard that last part last night.

Comment

Heard she was the third president to be let go in 18 months.

Comment

I like your use of ‘Aborts’ in the title and agree that this entire subject would benefit from a little more levity.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                I like your use of ‘Aborts’ in the title and agree that this entire subject would benefit from a little more levity.
                The use of "Aborts" was kinda like a laser pen to the cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  The use of "Aborts" was kinda like a laser pen to the cats.
                  I recently discovered “Opening Arguments” podcast with Andrew Torrez and Thomas Smith, as recommended by AG at MSW. She, by the way, ex-military I think, and one of those super smart people who are just a delight to listen to, is interviewed at OA254 (it’s in my listening queue). Are we blessed, or what?
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Who didn't see this coming?

Surprise — The Future of Planned Parenthood Is Abortion

Planned Parenthood’s board has fired the organization’s president, Leana Wen, after less than a year on the job. According to reports, Wen was dismissed because the board deemed her insufficiently dedicated to expanding Planned Parenthood’s political advocacy, particularly on abortion.

The news comes as a shock for a few reasons. For one thing, Wen was appointed just last fall to replace Cecile Richards, who resigned on good terms after leading the institution for twelve years.

But it’s surprising, too, if Wen’s ouster was due to her reluctance to focus more on politics than on public health, as several reports suggest was the case. In June, after all, Planned Parenthood announced a six-figure ad campaign, “Bans Off My Body,” to oppose recent state laws regulating abortion. Judging from Wen’s Twitter account, she was perfectly comfortable promoting what the group frequently calls “reproductive rights.”

Why, then, was she forced to depart so unceremoniously, and what does her abrupt exit say about the future of Planned Parenthood?

Wen’s dismissal is perhaps best understood in light of the escalating national fight over abortion policy. As blue states have codified the right to abortion on demand, in many cases deeming it a “fundamental right,” red states have passed limitations like heartbeat bills to protect unborn human beings earlier in pregnancy.

Planned Parenthood has long sought to downplay its commitment to abortion, calling itself a health-care organization and spreading the lie that abortion is only 3 percent of its business, even as its clinics perform between one-third and half of all abortions in the U.S. annually. The group’s leadership evidently believes this political moment demands more aggressive advocacy.

And Wen wasn’t up to the task. Considering her record thus far, she was hired for the “M.D.” beside her name, and little else. She came across in interviews like a placid physician repeating rote talking points drilled into her on the drive to the studio. She consistently inserted the phrase “as a doctor” into her messaging to give the organization the gloss of medical legitimacy, and she never sounded like the polished, sure-footed political advocate Richards had.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Heard she was the third president to be let go in 18 months.
                      Didn't hear that!
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        Somebody else thought it was clever, as well.... She wasn't nutty enough for them.

The Abortion of Leana Wen

Wen.jpg

She didn’t last the full nine months, and the end was quite painful.

Your tax dollars paid for some of the process.

Such was the story of Dr. Leana Wen, the Asian American former emergency room doctor who was chosen last year to succeed the thoroughly corrupt Cecile Richards as the head of Planned Parenthood, the overtly racist and mind-blowingly criminal organization responsible for the plurality, if not the majority, of abortions performed in the United States.

Why was Wen let go? According to both sides it was “philosophical differences” between Wen and the Planned Parenthood staff. It appears Wen took seriously Planned Parenthood’s claim that what the organization does, contrary to any outward or obvious appearances, is “reproductive health.” As a doctor, she wanted to focus on supplying actual health care to Planned Parenthood’s patients in the wake of Richards’ departure — which came as the organization was reeling from a series of hidden-camera videos exposing its criminal cottage industry of selling body parts of aborted babies.

Not surprisingly in the wake of the body parts scandal, Planned Parenthood’s fundraising has tanked. Wen was blamed for that. But the real reason she was let go appears to be something that lends a bit of hilarity to the proceedings …

When she first came on, she had no interest in “the long-term future of abortion access work that had already been going on, saying there was no budget for it,” one source said in a BuzzFeed News story, adding that they witnessed staff crying in meetings with Wen because they felt that their decades-long expertise was being ignored.

Two sources told BuzzFeed News that Wen also refused to use “trans-inclusive” language, for example saying “people” instead of “women,” telling staff that she believed talking about transgender issues would “isolate people in the Midwest.”

What’s that, you say? They wanted the president of Planned Parenthood, which bills itself as an organization providing women with “reproductive health care,” to expand its mission to provide “reproductive health care” to the transgendered?

Yep.

Comment