Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger

This could get very interested.... an legal immigrant who loves our Country is challenging the leader of "the squad".

Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant from Jamaica

Scherie_Murray.jpg

EXCLUSIVE -- Scherie Murray, a New York businesswoman who immigrated from Jamaica as a child and is active in state Republican politics, is launching a campaign Wednesday for the congressional seat held by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Fox News has learned.

In a phone interview, Murray, 38, confirmed her intention to run for the New York congressional seat as a Republican.

“There is a crisis in Queens, and it’s called AOC,” Murray told Fox News. “And instead of focusing on us, she’s focusing on being famous. Mainly rolling back progress and authoring the job-killing Green New Deal and killing the Amazon New York deal.”

Murray, who was born in Jamaica and moved to the United States when she was 9, is officially launching her campaign Wednesday with an introductory video that takes sharp jabs at the 29-year-old Ocasio-Cortez.

Run, Scherie, Run!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

2. Amen RumTumTugger, Teallaura, Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Good luck to her, but it'll be quite an uphill battle.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Perhaps, at best, it will be a legitimate challenge (a for REALLY immigrant) to OCA's nutcase immigration crap.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This could get very interested.... an legal immigrant who loves our Country is challenging the leader of "the squad".

Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant from Jamaica

Scherie_Murray.jpg

EXCLUSIVE -- Scherie Murray, a New York businesswoman who immigrated from Jamaica as a child and is active in state Republican politics, is launching a campaign Wednesday for the congressional seat held by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Fox News has learned.

In a phone interview, Murray, 38, confirmed her intention to run for the New York congressional seat as a Republican.

“There is a crisis in Queens, and it’s called AOC,” Murray told Fox News. “And instead of focusing on us, she’s focusing on being famous. Mainly rolling back progress and authoring the job-killing Green New Deal and killing the Amazon New York deal.”

Murray, who was born in Jamaica and moved to the United States when she was 9, is officially launching her campaign Wednesday with an introductory video that takes sharp jabs at the 29-year-old Ocasio-Cortez.

Run, Scherie, Run!
    Exactly how bad ideas should be challenged, as opposed to cheap shots at their race or ethnicity.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

6. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Exactly how bad ideas should be challenged, as opposed to cheap shots at their race or ethnicity.

Jim
    You can't fight a race war started by liberals by throwing away half your arsenal. "Go back to X" should become a staple of Republican rhetoric. Everytime someone like Cortez or Ilhan even thinks about putting the interests of Somalia or illegal immigrants or legal immigrants for that matter above those of actual Americans they should feel the burning hatred of every American patriot in the country.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Maybe, but I think a lot of AOC's constituents are unhappy with her. She killed that Amazon deal that would have brought a lot of money to her district. And Murray is right, what has she actually done for her district? I don't think she has done squat since being elected other than complain about Trump, push her green new deal and fight with Pelosi.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    You can't fight a race war started by liberals by throwing away half your arsenal. "Go back to X" should become a staple of Republican rhetoric. Everytime someone like Cortez or Ilhan even thinks about putting the interests of Somalia or illegal immigrants or legal immigrants for that matter above those of actual Americans they should feel the burning hatred of every American patriot in the country.
    no.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Maybe, but I think a lot of AOC's constituents are unhappy with her. She killed that Amazon deal that would have brought a lot of money to her district. And Murray is right, what has she actually done for her district? I don't think she has done squat since being elected other than complain about Trump, push her green new deal and fight with Pelosi.
    I think she's a classic example of a politician who, having been elected, has totally forgotten from whence she came, and hasn't even considered the fact that those are the people in whose hands her fate rests.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think she's a classic example of a politician who, having been elected, has totally forgotten from whence she came, and hasn't even considered the fact that those are the people in whose hands her fate rests.
    Her election was never about improving things for her constituents.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

12. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    no.
    I already know which side you're batting for, but thanks for actually not being disingenuous about it for once.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.