Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger

This could get very interested.... an legal immigrant who loves our Country is challenging the leader of "the squad".

Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant from Jamaica

Scherie_Murray.jpg

EXCLUSIVE -- Scherie Murray, a New York businesswoman who immigrated from Jamaica as a child and is active in state Republican politics, is launching a campaign Wednesday for the congressional seat held by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Fox News has learned.

In a phone interview, Murray, 38, confirmed her intention to run for the New York congressional seat as a Republican.

“There is a crisis in Queens, and it’s called AOC,” Murray told Fox News. “And instead of focusing on us, she’s focusing on being famous. Mainly rolling back progress and authoring the job-killing Green New Deal and killing the Amazon New York deal.”

Murray, who was born in Jamaica and moved to the United States when she was 9, is officially launching her campaign Wednesday with an introductory video that takes sharp jabs at the 29-year-old Ocasio-Cortez.

Run, Scherie, Run!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Good luck to her, but it'll be quite an uphill battle.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Perhaps, at best, it will be a legitimate challenge (a for REALLY immigrant) to OCA's nutcase immigration crap.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This could get very interested.... an legal immigrant who loves our Country is challenging the leader of "the squad".

Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant from Jamaica

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38376[/ATTACH]

EXCLUSIVE -- Scherie Murray, a New York businesswoman who immigrated from Jamaica as a child and is active in state Republican politics, is launching a campaign Wednesday for the congressional seat held by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Fox News has learned.

In a phone interview, Murray, 38, confirmed her intention to run for the New York congressional seat as a Republican.

“There is a crisis in Queens, and it’s called AOC,” Murray told Fox News. “And instead of focusing on us, she’s focusing on being famous. Mainly rolling back progress and authoring the job-killing Green New Deal and killing the Amazon New York deal.”

Murray, who was born in Jamaica and moved to the United States when she was 9, is officially launching her campaign Wednesday with an introductory video that takes sharp jabs at the 29-year-old Ocasio-Cortez.

Run, Scherie, Run!
        Exactly how bad ideas should be challenged, as opposed to cheap shots at their race or ethnicity.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Exactly how bad ideas should be challenged, as opposed to cheap shots at their race or ethnicity.

Jim
          You can't fight a race war started by liberals by throwing away half your arsenal. "Go back to X" should become a staple of Republican rhetoric. Everytime someone like Cortez or Ilhan even thinks about putting the interests of Somalia or illegal immigrants or legal immigrants for that matter above those of actual Americans they should feel the burning hatred of every American patriot in the country.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Maybe, but I think a lot of AOC's constituents are unhappy with her. She killed that Amazon deal that would have brought a lot of money to her district. And Murray is right, what has she actually done for her district? I don't think she has done squat since being elected other than complain about Trump, push her green new deal and fight with Pelosi.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              You can't fight a race war started by liberals by throwing away half your arsenal. "Go back to X" should become a staple of Republican rhetoric. Everytime someone like Cortez or Ilhan even thinks about putting the interests of Somalia or illegal immigrants or legal immigrants for that matter above those of actual Americans they should feel the burning hatred of every American patriot in the country.
              no.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Maybe, but I think a lot of AOC's constituents are unhappy with her. She killed that Amazon deal that would have brought a lot of money to her district. And Murray is right, what has she actually done for her district? I don't think she has done squat since being elected other than complain about Trump, push her green new deal and fight with Pelosi.
                I think she's a classic example of a politician who, having been elected, has totally forgotten from whence she came, and hasn't even considered the fact that those are the people in whose hands her fate rests.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I think she's a classic example of a politician who, having been elected, has totally forgotten from whence she came, and hasn't even considered the fact that those are the people in whose hands her fate rests.
                  Her election was never about improving things for her constituents.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    no.
                    I already know which side you're batting for, but thanks for actually not being disingenuous about it for once.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Nothing to see here. The Democrats could nominate the corpse of Ted Bundy and a Republican isn't winning that district.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Nothing to see here. The Democrats could nominate the corpse of Ted Bundy and a Republican isn't winning that district.
                        that's the same sentiment the country had about Trump.

Comment

I'm not under any illusion that the district is in danger of going red -- I'm just interested that an actual honest-to-goodness immigrant who actually loves our country may be calling her to task.

Comment

I believe that Pelosi told AOC that a glass of water could win the latter's district as long as it ran as a Democrat (which is equally true of Pelosi's district)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Don't forget that NYC has a long tradition of electing um, shall we say, eccentric and extravagant characters -- and voting to reelect them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment