Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Democrats' Far-Left Lean Risks More Than the Presidency

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Both the far left and the far right will always exist, so none in itself is a reaction to the other. They both feed off one another and increase in power in a symbiotic relationship, but they're not "created" in response to any one person or event.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Both the far left and the far right will always exist, so none in itself is a reaction to the other. They both feed off one another and increase in power in a symbiotic relationship, but they're not "created" in response to any one person or event.
    And they are more alike than they are different. Antifa and KKK: both authoritative, hate-mongering, and violent.

3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Hmm. So why do you consider yourself an Independent? Why not just consider yourself a Republican?
    Because I'm disgusted with the Republican party. Long ago, I started writing "GROW A SPINE" on their solicitations with prepaid postage return envelopes. I get VERY FEW solicitations from the Republicans these days.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Actually no, the right has had a strategy for decades of going as far right as possible policywise in order to pull the left further to the middle. It worked to some extent. But the result is a frustrated and determined left which is what you see on the rise now in people like those elected in 2018.
    Yes, the left's wonderful new plan is "kill more babies", "erase the borders", "admit more illegals", and "free stuff for everybody".

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    It's the middle that has pretty much disappeared. Just out of curiosity, how many conservative Democrats do you know? We used to have some of those.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Because I'm disgusted with the Republican party. Long ago, I started writing "GROW A SPINE" on their solicitations with prepaid postage return envelopes. I get VERY FEW solicitations from the Republicans these days.
    You are an example of what I mean when I say that Trump is the result of a MSM that incessantly savages conservatives and a cry from their members to fight back for once.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You are an example of what I mean when I say that Trump is the result of a MSM that incessantly savages conservatives and a cry from their members to fight back for once.
    Trump is fighting back, but in such a nutty way. If he were capable of drawing people together instead of dividing, 2020 would be a landslide in his favor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And they are more alike than they are different. Antifa and KKK: both authoritative, hate-mongering, and violent.
    Their respective goals differ. KKK is white supremacist, racist, fascism, while Antifa is anti-white supremacy, racist, fascism. The two don't exactly fit the same category.

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Their respective goals differ. KKK is white supremacist, racist, fascism, while Antifa is anti-white supremacy, racist, fascism. The two don't exactly fit the same category.
    Define Fascim JimL.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    There was a TV movie back in the 1980s that had McCarthy heading up the House Un-American Activities Committee. McCarthy was a Senator.