Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats' Far-Left Lean Risks More Than the Presidency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    There aren't many credible Independents for whom to vote - so I go with who most lines up with my beliefs, and on the abortion and same sex marriage, that's pretty much limited to Republicans.
    Hmm. So why do you consider yourself an Independent? Why not just consider yourself a Republican?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Pretty sure my folks voted Carter too. Dude was a Christian and wore it on his sleeve, so I can see why people liked him. Great guy, not so great president.
      My step-mom was his 2nd cousin.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        My step-mom was his 2nd cousin.
        Wow. Did she vote for him?

Comment

Wow. Did she vote for him?
          Yes. Dad did too.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
            How about Eisenhower, then, Javits, Lindsay, Percy, Kassebaum, Ford, Bush Sr.,etc.... Look at all the retired Republicans who are aghast at Trump and at the compliance of the spineless Republican Congress who put their own re-election ahead of the good of the country.
            Or perhaps Trump was listening to Obama and Clinton when he came up with his policies.

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Both the far left and the far right will always exist, so none in itself is a reaction to the other. They both feed off one another and increase in power in a symbiotic relationship, but they're not "created" in response to any one person or event.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Both the far left and the far right will always exist, so none in itself is a reaction to the other. They both feed off one another and increase in power in a symbiotic relationship, but they're not "created" in response to any one person or event.
                And they are more alike than they are different. Antifa and KKK: both authoritative, hate-mongering, and violent.

Comment

Hmm. So why do you consider yourself an Independent? Why not just consider yourself a Republican?
                  Because I'm disgusted with the Republican party. Long ago, I started writing "GROW A SPINE" on their solicitations with prepaid postage return envelopes. I get VERY FEW solicitations from the Republicans these days.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Actually no, the right has had a strategy for decades of going as far right as possible policywise in order to pull the left further to the middle. It worked to some extent. But the result is a frustrated and determined left which is what you see on the rise now in people like those elected in 2018.
                    Yes, the left's wonderful new plan is "kill more babies", "erase the borders", "admit more illegals", and "free stuff for everybody".
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      It's the middle that has pretty much disappeared. Just out of curiosity, how many conservative Democrats do you know? We used to have some of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Because I'm disgusted with the Republican party. Long ago, I started writing "GROW A SPINE" on their solicitations with prepaid postage return envelopes. I get VERY FEW solicitations from the Republicans these days.
                        You are an example of what I mean when I say that Trump is the result of a MSM that incessantly savages conservatives and a cry from their members to fight back for once.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          You are an example of what I mean when I say that Trump is the result of a MSM that incessantly savages conservatives and a cry from their members to fight back for once.
                          Trump is fighting back, but in such a nutty way. If he were capable of drawing people together instead of dividing, 2020 would be a landslide in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            And they are more alike than they are different. Antifa and KKK: both authoritative, hate-mongering, and violent.
                            Their respective goals differ. KKK is white supremacist, racist, fascism, while Antifa is anti-white supremacy, racist, fascism. The two don't exactly fit the same category.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Their respective goals differ. KKK is white supremacist, racist, fascism, while Antifa is anti-white supremacy, racist, fascism. The two don't exactly fit the same category.
                              Define Fascim JimL.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                There was a TV movie back in the 1980s that had McCarthy heading up the House Un-American Activities Committee. McCarthy was a Senator.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment