Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats' Far-Left Lean Risks More Than the Presidency

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    By the way, I'm not a Republican - I'm an Independent.
    Just curious, but do you vote Independent as well, or do you mainly vote Republican?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    I could be wrong on this, seeing as I don't live in the US and have no personal knowledge of the issue, but from most of what I've read on the internet it seems to be the other way around. The extreme right is a reaction to to the extreme movement of the left, and not the other way around.

That's exactly the way it happened, but those on the left can't accept blame for their actions and double down on everything. This continuously pushes them left, and more extreme people rush to the right in reaction to it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Just curious, but do you vote Independent as well, or do you mainly vote Republican?
    Can't answer for my older little twin brudder, but I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats for Governor, Lt. Governor and Secretary of State (top 3 statewide positions), as well as U.S. Representative and Senator. To date I have never voted Democrat for president, but then most of the time I vote for a protest/Third Party candidate since until very recently my state was obviously going to be voting Republican.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    I could be wrong on this, seeing as I don't live in the US and have no personal knowledge of the issue, but from most of what I've read on the internet it seems to be the other way around. The extreme right is a reaction to to the extreme movement of the left, and not the other way around.
    Actually no, the right has had a strategy for decades of going as far right as possible policywise in order to pull the left further to the middle. It worked to some extent. But the result is a frustrated and determined left which is what you see on the rise now in people like those elected in 2018.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Can't answer for my older little twin brudder, but I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats for Governor, Lt. Governor and Secretary of State (top 3 statewide positions), as well as U.S. Representative and Senator. To date I have never voted Democrat for president, but then most of the time I vote for a protest/Third Party candidate since until very recently my state was obviously going to be voting Republican.
    When do you recon was the last time you voted Democrat?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    When do you recon was the last time you voted Democrat?
    About 2 elections ago for one of the top 3 statewide offices. And if I were to include countywide or state representatives and such, I voted for a Democrat for both county solicitor and city council in 2018 (or was it 16?).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    About 2 elections ago for one of the top 3 statewide offices. And if I were to include countywide or state representatives and such, I voted for a Democrat for both county solicitor and city council in 2018 (or was it 16?).
    What's a county solicitor do?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What's a county solicitor do?
    Chief prosecutor at least for the small stuff I don't know about serious felonies.

9. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Except for Nixon I voted a straight Democrat ticket until 94, then pretty much straight Republican (which my father hated, JFK and FDR were saints to my parents).
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Except for Nixon I voted a straight Democrat ticket until 94, then pretty much straight Republican (which my father hated, JFK and FDR were saints to my parents).
    You voted Mondale over Reagan?

13. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.