Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is the State of the Union?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the State of the Union?

Is racism strong in the USA?

Are the USA people causing big problems in the world compared to Europeans or Chinese or South Americans?

Are Democrats actually pure as snow, as they say they are?

Are Republicans evil for wanting all people to be free?

Is there an improper pay disparity between corporate heads and the workers?

Is it proper for states to promote Agenda 21 to the hurt of its own people?

Perhaps.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      It depends on how you define racism: If you define it as legal discrimination based on perceived racial differences, then there isn't much racism like that left in the world. If you define it as negative and unfair stereotypes of ethnicity, along with discrimination based on skin color, then there's still quite a bit of that, but not just in the US, also in Europe.

Are the USA people causing big problems in the world compared to Europeans or Chinese or South Americans?
      Europe is thankfully too ineffectual to be able to mess up anything. However USA along with Europe and China are some of the biggest polluters in the world, except for plastic pollution which comes mainly from countries like Indonesia.

No, neither are Conservatives.

No, neither are Democrats.

Yes, ideally (in my understanding) wealth should be distributed along a bell curve, but since rich people are much more able at earning money it becomes a slanted bell curve, with the the right most trail reaching a lot further.

Fighting climate change should be done on a balance between the economic inconveniences it will cause, versus the cost it would have been to adjust to the climate change. That should be part of an ongoing discussion going forward.

Comment

What is the State of the Union?
        Battle over transgender is on, trans sports boys, hormone therapy for kids. Conservatives will lose!!, over time cos that what they do.
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

That's a lot of questions. I would say that :

Racism is strong in sectors of the USA. It exists in all of us to some extent.

Democrats are not as pure as snow. They have as many flaws as Republicans, and I say that as a Democrat. I only wish more Republicans would say that about themselves.

No, Republicans are not evil for wanting people to be free, but they are not alone in wanting people to be free. Democrats also want people to be free. The two groups have different conceptions of freedom, ie freedom from what and towards what.

Yes, I think there is an improper pay disparity in many cases between corporate heads and workers. I don't think a CEO is worth 2,000 times what a shop worker is worth, especially when the CEO has undue influence in setting his own pay.

I'll have to familiarize myself with Agenda 21.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I asked questions to grease the skids, so I didn't expect everything to be answered.

Comment

You ask not most important questions.

Mueller/FISAGate coup attempt over, now time for counterattack of Trump.
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment