Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Man shouting 'You die' kills 33 at Japan anime studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man shouting 'You die' kills 33 at Japan anime studio

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/1...n-anime-studio

Source: stuff.co.nz

A man screaming "You die!" burst into an animation studio in Kyoto, doused it with a flammable liquid and set it on fire, killing 33 people in an attack that shocked the country and brought an outpouring of grief from anime fans.

Thirty-six others were injured in the attack on Thursday (Friday NZ time), some of them critically, in a blaze that sent people scrambling up the stairs toward the roof in a desperate - and futile - attempt to escape what proved to be Japan's deadliest fire in nearly two decades.

Others emerged bleeding, blackened and barefoot.

The suspect, identified only a 41-year-old man who did not work for the studio, was injured and taken to a hospital. Police gave no details on the motive.

© Copyright Original Source

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

tragic
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

BBC has a long article but one should be wary about whether some details are accurate

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

Are we now going to see copycats of this? Seems like every time some idiot does something in the news, other idiots try to emulate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Are we now going to see copycats of this? Seems like every time some idiot does something in the news, other idiots try to emulate him.
                EGGzackly ... "HEY, I don't NEED guns, I can...... [whatever current means of mass murder]"

If somebody has it in their heart to do evil, they will often find a way to do evil.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  EGGzackly ... "HEY, I don't NEED guns, I can...... [whatever current means of mass murder]"

If somebody has it in their heart to do evil, they will often find a way to do evil.
                  Yeah!

now, excuse me, I have to go eat some tide pods after licking ice cream boxes at Kroger.

Comment

Yeah!

now, excuse me, I have to go eat some tide pods after licking ice cream boxes at Kroger.
                    NOW ya done it - people will be putting Tide pods in ice cream cartons!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      NOW ya done it - people will be putting Tide pods in ice cream cartons!
                      or...

Comment

Yeah!

I found that licking the ice cream afterwards helps get the taste of Tide outta your mouth.

Now where did I put my bath salts.
                        Last edited by rogue06; 07-19-2019, 10:34 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I found that licking the ice cream afterwards helps get the taste of Tide outta your mouth.
                          Ya just have to lick fast, so you can taste it before you get dead.

Comment

Our grandparents swallowed live goldfish in college. Our grandkids lick detergent.

Were we REALLY the sanest generation?
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              Our grandparents swallowed live goldfish in college. Our grandkids lick detergent.

Were we REALLY the sanest generation?
                              Two words: the 60s.

Comment