Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Autocrat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I find it interesting that there is such a universal voice on the right that Mueller was "befuddled confused." Apparently I was tuned in to a different broadcast. I found him clear, concise, and basically in line with what he said when he made his public statement several weeks ago: read the report. He said he had nothing further to add that was not in the report - and confirmed that today. He said that we should be concerned about the level of intrusion on our election by foreign powers, and reaffirmed that today.

Personally, I think the house should formally open impeachment investigations immediately, then vote on impeachment once those investigations are complete. Hopefully, that investigation will last 18 months and haul all of Trump's garbage into public view - then he can get canned in the next election and impeachment is no longer required. Instead, he can be brought up on any relevant charges (if any) once he is out of office.
    Answering over 100 times 'I'm not going to answer that' is not 'clear and concise'.

I'm all for the House beginning impeachment (the House doesn't do 'impeachment investigations' - that's what impeachment IS). By all means, please do.

Delusional Democrats, having learned nothing from the 1990's equally deluded Republicans, should be encouraged to run blindly off the cliff. The lemmings already turned around and went home seeing that the Democrats wanted the job so badly.

Go, go, Speed Impeachers! Go!

And no, I don't need the sarcasm tags - I am all for the demise of the modern Democrat Party. Let's hope Version 5.0 does better!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I find it interesting that there is such a universal voice on the right that Mueller was "befuddled confused." Apparently I was tuned in to a different broadcast. ...
      OK, watch the video in this link, and tell me you think he's being "clear and concise".

https://news.grabien.com/story-confu...ions-be-repeat

And, lemme guess.... it's just a grossly biased collection of snippets designed to make him look bad, eh?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        I wonder now if Mueller's retirement is due to a medical issue - not saying it is, but that might explain why, despite months of time to prepare, a gentleman who is by all accounts an excellent lawyer, did so horribly testifying to an investigation and report he headed.
        Not only am I not convinced that Mueller wrote the report that bears his name, I'm not even convinced that he read it!
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Would you consider MSNBC "a voice on the right"?

Upset MSNBC Blasts Mueller Hearing as a ‘Boring,’ Confused ‘Disaster’

I was flippin channels, and some of the left's cheerleaders looked downright depressed over Mueller's performance.
          A Harvard law professor, and evidently noted Trump hater, took an equally dim view.

In other, depressing for Democrats, news: RICO claims dismissed
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I find it interesting that there is such a universal voice on the right that Mueller was "befuddled confused."
            Not just on the right. Many on the left are saying it as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Not just on the right. Many on the left are saying it as well.
              I've heard even Partisans like Michael Moore are calling it quits on Mueller and anyone who still thinks he's worth the Dem's time.
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Not only am I not convinced that Mueller wrote the report that bears his name, I'm not even convinced that he read it!
                I think there may have been a personal reason Mueller was so reluctant to testify - today's fiasco was more than just 'unprepared' - he really wasn't on his game. I FULLY grant anyone can have a bad day but maybe there's a reason he couldn't recall what president appointed him.

I'm feeling sorry for the guy.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                  I've heard even Partisans like Michael Moore are calling it quits on Mueller and anyone who still thinks he's worth the Dem's time.
                  But don't overlook the ray of sunshine in this dark dreary day ---- Carpe has his back!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                    Michael Moore. David Axelrod. Chuck Todd. And a number of talking heads on liberal networks. It seems the only ones who think Mueller scored a hit are the delusional crew at CNN.

Comment

I just want to thank the Democrats for doing such an outstanding job of slamming the door shut on this whole Mueller thing by employing the genius move of having him come and look like a befuddled confused fella totally unfamiliar with the report he allegedly wrote. Great job! The chances of impeachment have now gone to the hot place with the snow balls.

Well, I want to thank you for confirming that you care nothing about those fact thingies you always claim to be waiting for.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Well, I want to thank you for confirming that you care nothing about those fact thingies you always claim to be waiting for.
                        How, precisely, does that confirm your allegations? This appears to be nothing more than typical "ape the other guy's charges in hopes he'll go on the defensive" JimL-speak.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Mueller: foreigners are still attacking our democracy.
                          GOP: let ‘em. We’re getting rich!
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I find it interesting that there is such a universal voice on the right that Mueller was "befuddled confused." Apparently I was tuned in to a different broadcast. I found him clear, concise, and basically in line with what he said when he made his public statement several weeks ago: read the report. He said he had nothing further to add that was not in the report - and confirmed that today. He said that we should be concerned about the level of intrusion on our election by foreign powers, and reaffirmed that today.

Personally, I think the house should formally open impeachment investigations immediately, then vote on impeachment once those investigations are complete. Hopefully, that investigation will last 15 months and haul all of Trump's garbage into public view - then he can get canned in the next election and impeachment is no longer required. Instead, he can be brought up on any relevant charges once he is out of office.
                            In spite of your misportrayal, it is not just "on the right" that is characterizing Mueller's testimony in this fashion. Even MSNBC described him as "seem[ing] lost at times." Joy Reid was even trying to spin how an "old and feeble" Mueller was good news for the left since it "makes the Republicans yelling at him look more absurd."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              A Harvard law professor, and evidently noted Trump hater, took an equally dim view.

In other, depressing for Democrats, news: RICO claims dismissed
                              Tribe was on the short list of various Democrat presidents for a nominee to SCOTUS so he is hardly pro-Trump.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I just want to thank the Democrats for doing such an outstanding job of slamming the door shut on this whole Mueller thing by employing the genius move of having him come and look like a befuddled confused fella totally unfamiliar with the report he allegedly wrote. Great job! The chances of impeachment have now gone to the hot place with the snow balls.

Were you watching the same thing I was watching? Did you watch the whole thing or just the edited bits on conservative media? There was no one bombshell moment but no one expected that since Mueller was restricted to the confines of the report. But it was damning.

Comment