Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Autocrat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
    Yes. That's the problem. It was a Freudian slip, meaning it unintentionally reveals who he really is.
    It wasn't a Freudian slip. Trump said what he meant and the context (which little jimmy refuses to provide) makes that clear.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Her point is if he is as incompetent as liberals make him out to be, how is he accomplishing all this stuff? How can he become a dictator if he is as much a lying, incompetent fool as liberals make him out to be?

You can't have it both ways.
      Why is that so hard to imagine? With a charismatic enough leader, enough compliant followers, enough money and control of the levers of power, autocracies have stood for decades, even incompetently run autocracies. Look at the Soviet Union, the Shah's Iran, Marcos's Phillipines, Somoza's Nicaragua.

Comment

• Buzz across the mainstream media is that Mueller just scuttled whatever slim hope the Democrats had of impeachment.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P90vM4xsR08

Comment

Why is that so hard to imagine? With a charismatic enough leader, enough compliant followers, enough money and control of the levers of power, autocracies have stood for decades, even incompetently run autocracies. Look at the Soviet Union, the Shah's Iran, Marcos's Phillipines, Somoza's Nicaragua.
            Read what you just wrote and then think about Trump and try to not laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I'm supremely confident given the MSM's propensity to fabricate whatever they want if it is in the name of getting Trump that they will selectively edit and spin this to the point you'll wonder if you were watching the same thing they were.

They know that the vast majority of people aren't watching so they are free to twist this like they were turning a nail into a screw. I've seen them do it multiple times after debates.
              CNN is already spinning Mueller's appearance as a "bombshell both legally and politically." Jim Sciutto, the network's Chief National Security Correspondent declared that the testimony "sounded almost like an opening argument in an impeachment proceeding."

But so far their TDS makes them an outlier. Over on MSNBC the hearing was described as being "boring" and a "disaster" for Democrats and that Mueller was "evasive" and that he "seemed lost at times."

The New York Post called the whole thing a "waste of time."

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) was obviously disappointed and pulled no punches when she was asked about Mueller's testimony:

Today, he was a witness. And he frankly wasn't a really good witness. Because he declined to answer, by my account, over 100 times.

And Politico is reporting that the Trump White House is exuberant stating that

West Wing aides were spiking the proverbial football even before the former special counsel had finished testifying.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It wasn't a Freudian slip. Trump said what he meant and the context (which little jimmy refuses to provide) makes that clear.
                I just supplied the context, which illustrates (yet again) Trump's authoritarian tendencies. He believes in free speech only if it flatters or favors him. Also notice how vague and non-specific his references to the Congresswomen's actual words are, his habit of saying "I don't know, but people are saying..." (ie folks on Fox News and Breitbart are saying), his misquotes and taking words out of context, such as the "garbage" reference. Classic demagoguery. He needs to learn that as "President' his words carry a great deal of weight and that many many unbalanced people could take his words and act violently on them, as they already have. He needs to put his own six-year old id aside once in a while and try, just try to think about the long-term consequences of his words and actions.

Comment

CNN is already spinning Mueller's appearance as a "bombshell both legally and politically." Jim Sciutto, the network's Chief National Security Correspondent declared that the testimony "sounded almost like an opening argument in an impeachment proceeding."

But so far their TDS makes them an outlier. Over on MSNBC the hearing was described as being "boring" and a "disaster" for Democrats and that Mueller was "evasive" and that he "seemed lost at times."

The New York Post called the whole thing a "waste of time."

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) was obviously disappointed and pulled no punches when she was asked about Mueller's testimony:

Today, he was a witness. And he frankly wasn't a really good witness. Because he declined to answer, by my account, over 100 times.

And Politico is reporting that the Trump White House is exuberant stating that

West Wing aides were spiking the proverbial football even before the former special counsel had finished testifying.
                  Basically all he did was confirm things that were already in the report when asked, and refuse to answer on anything outside of what was in the report. Pretty much what he told them when they asked him about coming to testify and he said the report speaks for itself.

Comment

Basically all he did was confirm things that were already in the report when asked, and refuse to answer on anything outside of what was in the report. Pretty much what he told them when they asked him about coming to testify and he said the report speaks for itself.
                    But he looked weak and feeble and confused in doing it - as opposed to firmly declaring "The report is damning....."
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I just supplied the context, which illustrates (yet again) Trump's authoritarian tendencies.
                      Where in
                      Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                      Yes. That's the problem. It was a Freudian slip, meaning it unintentionally reveals who he really is.

did you provide any context?

As for free speech are you aware that even the New York Times has admitted that Trump doesn't hold a candle to Obama when it comes to trying to suppress it?

Comment

Read what you just wrote and then think about Trump and try to not laugh.
                        I was and am thinking about Trump and I'm not laughing. What is there to laugh about? He's the one that's laughing, at the fact that he could "shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose any voters!"

Comment

I was and am thinking about Trump and I'm not laughing. What is there to laugh about? He's the one that's laughing, at the fact that he could "shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose any voters!"
                          Are you familiar with the word "hyperbole"?

Comment

Where in

did you provide any context?

As for free speech are you aware that even the New York Times has admitted that Trump doesn't hold a candle to Obama when it comes to trying to suppress it?
                            Any references on that? That's the "Fake NYT," right? So why should we believe them anyway? They're just using reverse psychology. Duh! Wake up, sheeple!

Comment

Are you familiar with the word "hyperbole"?
                              Are you familiar with what the function of hyperbole is? He was saying it to express his amazement at how compliant his followers are.

Comment

Any references on that? That's the "Fake NYT," right? So why should we believe them anyway? They're just using reverse psychology. Duh! Wake up, sheeple!
                                I see that you skipped over where you claim you provided context, so I'll sincerely ask, do you do anything other than troll?

Comment