Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Autocrat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yes, because Trump personally went down to Louisiana and specifically instructed this officer to say stupid stuff.
    Because Trump has the biggest megaphone in the world and he is using it to incite hatred. Do you realise that impeachment is the civilised alternative to assassination? That is one reason that Congress must uphold the law and impeach this President; to prevent the decline into political violence.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Because Trump has the biggest megaphone in the world and he is using it to incite hatred.
      Were you this concerned when Obama had the megaphone and fostered racism and anti-police rhetoric?

Do you realise that impeachment is the civilised alternative to assassination?
      That's a bit extreme -- impeachment is a legitimate remedy specified by the US Constitution.

That is one reason that Congress must uphold the law and impeach this President; to prevent the decline into political violence.
      Do you realize that Congress must first come up with articles of impeachment, and that impeachment is, for all intents and purposes, entirely political? And, "WAAAaaaaanhhhhhh, I hate Trump!" is not a qualified element of "high crimes and misdemeanors".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        And Corey "Spartacus" Booker says he wants to punch the President in the mouth. That should at least earn him an interview with the Secret Service. Preferably under a hot light.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...f-shape-trump/
        Not much different than when Biden fumed how he wished that he and Trump were back in High School so he could "beat the hell" out of him.

While the left keeps worrying that Trump's acerbic rhetoric might trigger violence against them the fact remains that the right has been victim for years to the violence a steady stream of venomous propaganda from the left has brought.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Not much different than when Biden fumed how he wished that he and Trump were back in High School so he could "beat the hell" out of him.

While the left keeps worrying that Trump's acerbic rhetoric might trigger violence against them the fact remains that the right has been victim for years to the violence a steady stream of venomous propaganda from the left has brought.
          But the "referee" (the MSM) is on the Democrat's team, so....
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            meh
            Really not interested, eh CP? Not surprising!

Comment

...when Democrats desperately pray to the deity of their choice that Mueller will commit perjury and contradict the findings of his own investigation.
              We don't have to pray, it's already in the report itself. Mueller doesn't have to say anymore. "If we could be sure that the president didn't commit a crime, we would have so stated." But he couldn't so state, and, due to DOJ guidelines, he couldn't charge the president, nor could he indict him either. But, over 1000 former and current federal prosecutors said for Mueller, what Mueller couldn't say himself, i.e. that anyone other than a sitting president would have been indicted based on the evidence in the Mueller report. And btw, that only has to do with the Russian interference, possible conspiracy, and obstruction of the investigation by Trump. Trump though is already known to be guilty of campaign finance fraud in the 100's of thousands paid to his two mistresses to keep their mouths shut. Even if you guys want to continue to argue that Trump is not guilty of any criminal offense he is definitely guilty of behavior unbefitting the office of the president.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                We don't have to pray, it's already in the report itself. Mueller doesn't have to say anymore. "If we could be sure that the president didn't commit a crime, we would have so stated." But he couldn't so state, and, due to DOJ guidelines, he couldn't charge the president, nor could he indict him either. But, over 1000 former and current federal prosecutors said for Mueller, what Mueller couldn't say himself, i.e. that anyone other than a sitting president would have been indicted based on the evidence in the Mueller report. And btw, that only has to do with the Russian interference, possible conspiracy, and obstruction of the investigation by Trump. Trump though is already known to be guilty of campaign finance fraud in the 100's of thousands paid to his two mistresses to keep their mouths shut. Even if you guys want to continue to argue that Trump is not guilty of any criminal offense he is definitely guilty of behavior unbefitting the office of the president.
                Jim, if he had a good case, he could have recommended indictment - he didn't do that. Mueller's report is largely smoke but no fire. Nothing prevented Mueller from making recommendations to indict - the fact that he didn't means he had more concerns about that case than just the DOJ.

He found nothing of the case he was supposed to make in a two year investigation. He made no recommendations regarding indictment. He evidenced and continues to evidence considerable reluctance to testify (bringing an aide into the thing? Seriously?) - the evidence seems more to indicate that Trump did stuff Mueller didn't like and Mueller tried to make issue of it without sticking his neck out because he didn't have the case he needed. It's looking bad - but for Mueller - because the House has lost its collective mind and Pelosi has lost all semblance of control.

You keep lobbing charges but there's nothing to them - bribery, if they could make that case, would be a Godsend to the Democrats - but they aren't even trying for that one because they know they can't get it.

Teddy Roosevelt turned the White House into a zoo - and the Constitution doesn't make 'presidential' behavior a condition of presidential service. Being a jerk isn't enough to remove Trump from office and the rest of this mess is likely to blow up in the Democrats face - again. They are insane - if they start hearings and get nothing they will almost certainly lose the House and they can forget beating Trump in 2020.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  ...it's already in the report itself. Mueller doesn't have to say anymore.
                  Then why are the Democrats asking Mueller to say more? Because... they know there's no evidence of an impeachable offense in the report, so they're hoping the dirty cop will give them something that's not in the report, which would open a huge legal can of worms for Mueller, so he better stick to the straight and narrow if he knows what's good for him.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Then why are the Democrats asking Mueller to say more? Because... they know there's no evidence of an impeachable offense in the report, so they're hoping the dirty cop will give them something that's not in the report, which would open a huge legal can of worms for Mueller, so he better stick to the straight and narrow if he knows what's good for him.
                    I seriously wonder if he wasn't just getting in a cheap shot, never imagining how desperate the Democrats were.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      Jim, if he had a good case, he could have recommended indictment - he didn't do that. Mueller's report is largely smoke but no fire. Nothing prevented Mueller from making recommendations to indict - the fact that he didn't means he had more concerns about that case than just the DOJ.
                      That's your opinion, Tea. In Muellers opinion, which he made clear in his rebuttal to Atty Gen Barrs so called summary, according to DOJ guidelines, he could not indict a sitting president and because he could not indict, he could not recommend indictment either. Also, because a sitting president can not be indicted, the only alternative is impeachment which of course is the responsibility of Congress.
                      He found nothing of the case he was supposed to make in a two year investigation.
                      I think that even you know that to be ridiculous statement, Tea. Mueller found plenty.

He made no recommendations regarding indictment.
                      And Mueller has already explained why. The above is a Trump supporters canard.

He evidenced and continues to evidence considerable reluctance to testify (bringing an aide into the thing? Seriously?)
                      Of course he doesn't want to testify, he knows that republicans are simply going to try make a spectacle of it, try to make him look bad, and as he said, the report is his testimony.

- the evidence seems more to indicate that Trump did stuff Mueller didn't like and Mueller tried to make issue of it without sticking his neck out because he didn't have the case he needed. It's looking bad - but for Mueller - because the House has lost its collective mind and Pelosi has lost all semblance of control.
                      Oh come on, you're smarter than that Tea. Mueller is a professional, he's looking for criminal activity, not stuff Trump did that Mueller didn't like. What Mueller made an issue out of was Trumps obstruction, for which there is ample evidence and testimony, and I think you guys defending Trump secretly know that too!.
                      You keep lobbing charges but there's nothing to them - bribery, if they could make that case, would be a Godsend to the Democrats - but they aren't even trying for that one because they know they can't get it.
                      Tea, he found 10 acts of obstruction. Hope you're able to watch the hearing tomorrow morning.
                      Teddy Roosevelt turned the White House into a zoo - and the Constitution doesn't make 'presidential' behavior a condition of presidential service. Being a jerk isn't enough to remove Trump from office and the rest of this mess is likely to blow up in the Democrats face - again. They are insane - if they start hearings and get nothing they will almost certainly lose the House and they can forget beating Trump in 2020.
                      Lets not change the subject, this has nothing to do with Teddy Roosevelt or of Trump just being a jerk. Personally, just as a matter of principle, i think the democrats have no principled choice but to begin impeachment, and tomorrows hearings will be a big factor as to whether they do or not, but yeah, it won't make a lot of sense if the Senate republicans won't find him guilty, and they won't find him guilty unless an informed public forces them to do so. It's sad that the republican congress has to be forced to protect the Constitution, but that's the way it is.
                      Last edited by JimL; 07-23-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Then why are the Democrats asking Mueller to say more?
                        To better inform the public which is the only way to force the unprincipled republicans in congress to carry out their Constitutional responsiblity of oversight of a criminal executive.

Comment

That's your opinion, Tea. In Muellers opinion, which he made clear in his rebuttal to Atty Gen Barrs so called summary, according to DOJ guidelines, he could not indict a sitting president and because he could not indict, he could not recommend indictment either. Also, because a sitting president can not be indicted, the only alternative is impeachment which of course is the responsibility of Congress.
                          No, this reads to me like a cop out on Mueller's part - recommending an indictment indicates the case is strong enough to warrant it - and it's not the same thing as indictment itself.

I think that even you know that to be ridiculous statement, Tea. Mueller found plenty.
                          Mueller found nothing or he'd have made an actual case per his charge as special prosecutor.

And Mueller has already explained why. The above is a Trump supporters canard.
                          Canard or not, it's true.

Of course he doesn't want to testify, he knows that republicans are simply going to try make a spectacle of it, try to make him look bad, and as he said, the report is his testimony.
                          No, this makes no sense - he either can make his case, in which case testifying in front of the Democrat controlled House should be no problem, or he doesn't, in which case he would not want to be put on the stand.

Oh come on, you're smarter than that Tea. Mueller is a professional, he's looking for criminal activity, not stuff Trump did that Mueller didn't like. What Mueller made an issue out of was Trumps obstruction, for which there is ample evidence and testimony, and I think you guys defending Trump secretly know that too!.
                          Mueller is as human as anyone else - and this particularly petty part of the report doesn't read 'professional' - it reads 'cheap shot'. Mueller may be an excellent attorney - but he's an idiotic politician. That got him caught in the cross hairs - and if he had anything that would get him out, he'd have used it by now.

Tea, he found 10 acts of obstruction. Hope you're able to watch the hearing tomorrow morning.
                          He found ten things to complain about, yes. Obstruction? No - proven by the fact that nothing Trump did actually interfered with the investigation.

Lets not change the subject, this has nothing to do with Teddy Roosevelt or of Trump just being a jerk.
                          You were the one that brought up behavior unbefitting a president.

Personally, just as a matter of principle, i think the democrats have no principled choice but to begin impeachment, and tomorrows hearings will be a big factor as to whether they do or not, but yeah, it won't make a lot of sense if the Senate republicans won't find him guilty, and they won't find him guilty unless an informed public forces them to do so. It's sad that the republican congress has to be forced to protect the Constitution, but that's the way it is.
                          Er, no. The Democrats are taking their turn at making fools of themselves trying to impeach when the country isn't behind it. Unless they finally come up with the gun, this smoke will clear and they will be regretting ever even thinking 'impeachment'. Especially when it's so obviously politically motivated.

Pelosi is backing away from it as fast as she can - which I can't imagine her doing if she thought there were any possible way to prove this mess to the American people. It's a train wreck waiting to happen.

But hey, I WANT a Republican House and Senate, so...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            No, this reads to me like a cop out on Mueller's part - recommending an indictment indicates the case is strong enough to warrant it - and it's not the same thing as indictment itself.

Mueller found nothing or he'd have made an actual case per his charge as special prosecutor.

Canard or not, it's true.

No, this makes no sense - he either can make his case, in which case testifying in front of the Democrat controlled House should be no problem, or he doesn't, in which case he would not want to be put on the stand.

Mueller is as human as anyone else - and this particularly petty part of the report doesn't read 'professional' - it reads 'cheap shot'. Mueller may be an excellent attorney - but he's an idiotic politician. That got him caught in the cross hairs - and if he had anything that would get him out, he'd have used it by now.

He found ten things to complain about, yes. Obstruction? No - proven by the fact that nothing Trump did actually interfered with the investigation.

You were the one that brought up behavior unbefitting a president.

Er, no. The Democrats are taking their turn at making fools of themselves trying to impeach when the country isn't behind it. Unless they finally come up with the gun, this smoke will clear and they will be regretting ever even thinking 'impeachment'. Especially when it's so obviously politically motivated.

Pelosi is backing away from it as fast as she can - which I can't imagine her doing if she thought there were any possible way to prove this mess to the American people. It's a train wreck waiting to happen.

But hey, I WANT a Republican House and Senate, so...
                            You, my friend, did not read the report. There are actually 14 instances of obstruction of justice on the part of the president. Mueller also stated that he could not exonerate the president. Another way of saying that is that he could not find him to be innocent and that there was obviously evidence pointing to his guilt. Now, you may not agree with Muellers take on the DOJ guildlines, and his reason for not indicting or recommending indictment, but as he stated they are his reasons whether you agree with them or not. If you should watch the hearing tomorrow morning, you will, if you are objective, see exactly what those instances of obstruction were, and why they made it impossible for him to be able to exonerate the president. And, btw, if you can't see that Trumps multiple attempts to get his underlings, first Jeff Sessions, then Lewandowski, and finally his own White house coucil, who resigned rather than carry out Trump order, to fire Mueller as being obvious attempts of obstruction of justice, then you don't know what Obstruction of justice is. Also, attempting and failing to obstruct justice, is no less criminal than achieving that intended goal.
                            Last edited by JimL; 07-23-2019, 10:22 PM.

Comment

You, my friend, did not read the report.
                              Iron E.jpg

It is crystal clear that you never bothered to read it yourself but instead rely on snippets from ill-informed sources or you would not continue claiming that the report supports the thoroughly disproven notion that Trump colluded with the Russians.
                              Last edited by rogue06; 07-24-2019, 02:12 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                To better inform the public which is the only way to force the unprincipled republicans in congress to carry out their Constitutional responsiblity of oversight of a criminal executive.
                                Right... as if publicly releasing the report and holding endless hearings wasn't enough.

Trust me, Jimmy, get ready for Mueller to serve up another one of his world famous nothing burgers.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment