Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Autocrat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incidentally, "Two Corinthians" is how Christians in England pronounce it.

(There's ample evidence out there that Trump probably isn't a Christian. Why use that particular weak argument?)
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Charles is bringing up an instance where Trump said, "Two Corinthians" instead of "Second Corinthians" which is more normative in English. This obviously means that Trump is just pretending to be a Christian, and can't even fake Christianese correctly.
      I wonder if the last part is your own conclusion or if you are trying to put words that I didn't say in my mouth.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        I wonder if the last part is your own conclusion or if you are trying to put words that I didn't say in my mouth.
        There's no room to put words in your mouth with your foot always stuck in there.

Comment

That last part is something called "sarcasm".
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

That last part is something called "sarcasm".
            And along those lines I didn't mean to be to hard on Trump for the error he made. After all, it was probably the first time he read the book.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Considering Obama's gaff of referring to the Sermon on the Mount as having no condemnation of sin...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

And along those lines I didn't mean to be to hard on Trump for the error he made. After all, it was probably the first time he read the book.
                I appreciate your admission that my sarcastic remark was accurate.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I appreciate your admission that my sarcastic remark was accurate.
                  What you missed is something called "sarcasm".

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Considering Obama's gaff of referring to the Sermon on the Mount as having no condemnation of sin...

That sounds funny. Can you point us to it?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      "I can tell you this, you can't talk that way about our country, not when I'm the president!"

First of all, what is he talking about? What was said by whom that was bad mouthing this country. Nobody, that's who! He made it up. And second, who is Trump to tell us what we can and can not say about anything, including criticizing him, and or this country in general.

Trumps quote, I believe, was a Freudian slip. He gave himself away. He's still just a wannabe tyrant, but he's working hard at becoming a real one.
                      Yet another loony birdbrained OP without a cite. Good job!!!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I see little Jimmy still has no idea what a Freudian slip is.
                        You're not surprised, yes?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          That quote says it all, context isn't needed.
                          Besides being totally ignorant as to "Freudian Slip", Jimmy now reveals he knows nothing about 'context'.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Incidentally, "Two Corinthians" is how Christians in England pronounce it.

(There's ample evidence out there that Trump probably isn't a Christian. Why use that particular weak argument?)
                            "Two Corinthians" was pounded into us in Seminary as the PROPER way to cite a related passage.

Comment

Obama's gaff
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Charles is bringing up an instance where Trump said, "Two Corinthians" instead of "Second Corinthians" which is more normative in English. This obviously means that Trump is just pretending to be a Christian, and can't even fake Christianese correctly.
                                I wasn't sure what he meant by citing that Scripture; I thought I would like him to explain it.

Comment